MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

Soooo excited it is finally confirmed! Is Ben Affleck confirmed for this as well?

I'm wondering if we could get some cool cameos in this film. I don't want it to be completely bogged down, but I guess I'm a fan who doesn't mind a dose of fan service.
He's associated with this movie for a long time, so yes.

Soooo excited it is finally confirmed! Is Ben Affleck confirmed for this as well?

I'm wondering if we could get some cool cameos in this film. I don't want it to be completely bogged down, but I guess I'm a fan who doesn't mind a dose of fan service.

Yes, Affleck was announced last august.

Ben Affleck Will Return as Batman in The Flash

General idea/rumour is that its Afflecks last appearance and it will be like a mix of Flashpoint and Crisis on Infinite Earths where he leaves in a very heroic way. Again just rumours, but would make sense if Affleck wants to move on.

This could be Affleck's last movie as Batman but they could leave it open ended, and recast after few years.

So, some other actor will replace Affleck in the current DCEU continuity or maybe they will just kill his character, we will see what happens.

Its cosmic alternate-earth world changing comicbook horsesh*t anyway. They could always get Affleck back if they or Affleck himself wanted to play the character. Unfortunately I think it might be the last time he shows up as Batman.

This could be Affleck's last movie as Batman but they could leave it open ended, and recast after few years.

So, some other actor will replace Affleck in the current DCEU continuity or maybe they will just kill his character, we will see what happens.
I would love Affleck to stick around as the main DCEU Batman, but if they do recast I then I think Jon Hamm would be a perfect replacement. He’s definitely got a lot of similar qualities to Ben

I would love Affleck to stick around as the main DCEU Batman, but if they do recast I then I think Jon Hamm would be a perfect replacement. He’s definitely got a lot of similar qualities to Ben
I am pretty sure they will go much younger than Hamm.

Jett seems to be hinting about seeing other live action Batmen, specifically Bale, just in a brief cameo as Flash is moving through the multiverse. Perhaps that's what his prior tweet was alluding to.

With Keaton confirmed to be coming back, that's a best cast scenario all-around, I think.

I've seen Keaton sort of change his attitude toward Batman over the years especially around Birdman. Beforehand, during the Nolan era, he couldn't be bothered with much Batman talk and then started to embrace it.

I was surprised he agreed to Spiderman of all things and during his late-night appearances he usually brought it back to "I'm Batman!"

I think in the last decade with the MCU and the subsequent explosion of superheroes into the mainstream, he's come around to really understanding how beloved these characters are to the entire world. Having been at the forefront of it--sort of one of the grandfathers who set the stage for the superhero dominance of pop culture--I think Keaton is, these days, quite proud of being part of the world's favorite stories. Marvel or DC, superheroes have NEVER been this popular with mainstream audiences before. His Batman movies were big in their day, but to get to the point where a superhero flick could become the highest grossing film of all time? It's different days to be sure.

I think in the last decade with the MCU and the subsequent explosion of superheroes into the mainstream, he's come around to really understanding how beloved these characters are to the entire world. Having been at the forefront of it--sort of one of the grandfathers who set the stage for the superhero dominance of pop culture--I think Keaton is, these days, quite proud of being part of the world's favorite stories. Marvel or DC, superheroes have NEVER been this popular with mainstream audiences before. His Batman movies were big in their day, but to get to the point where a superhero flick could become the highest grossing film of all time? It's different days to be sure.

Agreed 100%. I understand Keaton would never want to wind up in something like Batman Forever or definitely Batman & Robin. I think after the Nolan trilogy, especially Dark Knight he like you said, saw how different these films could be. I kind of think that until superhero films improved vastly over the last decade and change, that he was mildly embarrassed(maybe the wrong word) to be remembered only as a superhero.

I also say having Michelle Pfeifer back as Selina would be great but maybe too obvious. I mean, have he and Selena ever worked long term in the comics?

Bring back the Vale!

batman-michael-keaton-kim-basinger-30th-anniversary.jpg

Well, even as much as I'm only interested in this movie because of Keaton, I don't think this film is the time to go nuts with things from Batman's world. The movie should be about the Flash, first and foremost. Keaton's Wayne being the partner along for the adventure is awesome, but outside of some tidbits and some time spent in his world (the second act, maybe), Batman shouldn't be getting a ton of additional focus.

But a Batman Beyond movie, though? Yeah, go nuts. Bring back Vicki and Selina (etc). It would be wrong to let Keaton's presence make this a Flash film in name only.

...that being said, I'd still enjoy it if they did, haha

Yea it's easy to get a little Batman-centric with these ideas but it is still Flash's movie. I just figure they've got to have 1 or 2 supporting characters when he's in Gotham-89. Vale would be great.

Oh and also, I heard about Jett suggesting we'll see more Batmen during Flash's journey through the speed force maybe. I say why only past Batmen? How bout Reeve Superman, Hoelchins Superman, Lynda Carter WW, etc.

In that respect and what I imagine will be a short scene, they could go crazy.

Kind of like the scene that was apparently cut out of Rise of Skywalker where Rey actually SEES all those past Jedi talking to her. It would have been so much more powerful IMHO.

A future Batman Beyond might also be a way for Billy Dee Williams to finally get his shot at playing Two Face for a scene or two.

Gene Hackman is still alive somehow. Time for his big comeback as Super Old Lex Luthor.

Pfeiffer did wrap filming on “First Lady” yesterday. Maybe she’s on her way to the UK now?

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania is supposed to start shooting May 31st. That's her next project and while it will shoot some scenes in England, I can't imagine they would let Pfeiffer jump between sets and risk breaching COVID regulations (If she's even needed in England at all).

Plus, we'd have heard rumblings about it. I assume this is a Keaton only affair... for now.

Doubt it.

Her casting would have already been announced.

Um, if she’s shooting just a couple of scenes she can do them in a week, fly back home, quarantine and then do Ant-man and The Wasp 3.

She could be a secret cameo that Muschietti wants.

I'd like to see Pfeiffer back as Kyle, but speaking as someone who once said he'd like to see that Crisis engagement reference followed up on in this new Flash film... Ultimately I'm just not sure she and Keaton's Wayne would ever be the types to actually settle down. I mean that was basically the whole point of Returns' ending, wasn't it? I.e., Selina was offered salvation in the form of a relationship with Bruce, and she rejects it outright. I mean I guess you could have her show up mentally healthy and reconciled with Wayne, but it might be a little hard to swallow.

I'd like to see Pfeiffer back as Kyle, but speaking as someone who once said he'd like to see that Crisis engagement reference followed up on in this new Flash film... Ultimately I'm just not sure she and Keaton's Wayne would ever be the types to actually settle down. I mean that was basically the whole point of Returns' ending, wasn't it? I.e., Selina was offered salvation in the form of a relationship with Bruce, and she rejects it outright. I mean I guess you could have her show up mentally healthy and reconciled with Wayne, but it might be a little hard to swallow.
True

But a lot could have happened in the 30 year gap between Batman Returns and Flashpoint

Um, if she’s shooting just a couple of scenes she can do them in a week, fly back home, quarantine and then do Ant-man and The Wasp 3.

She could be a secret cameo that Muschietti wants.
"Um" doubtful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"