MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

He walks into an old burger joint, into the cellar and takes a few steps. He is then transported to Gotham 65, a few years before the mayor's murder, which he has to stop etc. Tis' all very complicated and whatnot.
He walks into an old burger joint, into the cellar and takes a few steps. He is then transported to Gotham 65, a few years before the mayor's murder, which he has to stop etc. Tis' all very complicated and whatnot.

WTF, dude, i was serious

I’m talking a wait and see approach to this because on paper it looks like a total train wreck that basically is WB/DC saying we want a Flash movie, due to the popularity status of Barry Allen in tv thanks to Grant Gustin show for seven years, but Erza Miller isn’t necessarily a big name, I know we’ll get our most popular ip involved Batman, the audience loves Batman, how about not one but two Batmen. ( Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton) we can’t ignore Superman and since we don’t know WTF we’re doing with the character currently so why not mixed things up with a Supergirl/ Superwoman that is completely different…

yeah my goodness this screams messed up in so many ways.

Batfleck leaves his Batman duties to Keaton. He then fakes his death and moves to Italy with Jennifer Lopez. He smirks and winks at the audience. Post credit scene shows old man Keaton in the batcave, he sits alone in the darkness, the batsignal comes on, he gives a grunt and tired look, but he goes to suit up...Elfman Batman theme plays...screen fades to black.

Believe me i get your trepidation @Doctor Jones, theres a LOT of question marks surrounding this movie. Theyre calling it “The Flash” and yet Supergirl and Keaton’s Batman appear to be the main centerpieces of this. So youre like, okay what exactly is the story here? Not to mention im mot entirely sure Ezra can carry his own movie.

I think this movie is not by any means going to be a traditional “solo origin” movie, theyre going to assume audiences are more or less familiar with Flash from the tv show and Justice League and theyre diving right into a big crazy adventure which could very well make then fall flat on their face or…be crazy enough to work. We’ll see.

My question is, why this for a first Flash movie? Why not just reboot? I think that would be okay given the circumstances. Why take a Flash actor nobody really cares about from a failed franchise, and combine him with a Batman from a failed franchise and combine him with a new Cavill like Supergirl and then just throw in Keaton? I feel like I have a brain injury typing that out. Out of all the approaches, THIS is the best they came up with? With Muschietti directing which just comes off as arbitrary. What are we getting out of this? All of this screams WB having no idea how to handle these characters. Come on guys, we all know you can make a great first Flash movie, and it sure as hell ain't this.

I don't think going off of the assumption people are familiar with a CW show and a failed DCEU with a Flash people don't much care about is going to make this movie a hit. And I'm not convinced the principle of someone like Keaton coming back is going to make a movie a hit, particularly in this baffling context. I think they've just been developing a Flash movie for years and Miller just stuck around. At best, this is going to be just okay, not landing on its face, but not make a real impression. It could do okay financially, maybe just enough where WB will want to do more crap like this. I hate the Spider-Verse idea for No Way Home, but with the precedent of Marvel, I at least know there's a real chance they can pull it off. I'm not saying it will be great, but I don't think it will be a trainwreck like this has the makings of. You have Muschietti who can steer it into competence maybe, but when the fundamental pieces are just dumb, you can only do so much. Both ideas are bad, but this one just plain dumb in more ways than one.

That is what I'm excited/curious to find out. I was against the idea of a solo/origin Joker movie, and I ended loving that movie. There is so damn many of the cb flicks, eh, just find it more and more difficult to get excited over them, but this and The Batman seem to give me that exciting fan fire.

I agree. On paper, this movie sounds like a giant cluster**** waiting to happen. Like they didn't even bother to learn their lesson from BvS.

However, the DC cinematic universe, whatever they call it, is already a giant cluster**** of a mess. If this movie serves as a grand reset button to reboot the whole damn thing with new characters in place, like Keaton Batman and Flashpoint Supergirl, then I'll at least be semi-interested. But still not very confident.

That is what I'm excited/curious to find out. I was against the idea of a solo/origin Joker movie, and I ended loving that movie. There is so damn many of the cb flicks, eh, just find it more and more difficult to get excited over them, but this and The Batman seem to give me that exciting fan fire.

I'm getting fatigue myself with these, not so much because there's so much, but because they're not great. And this just comes off to me as like the rest of them but made worse in that they're just trying to trend chase from movies in the past several years and it just feels generic and uninspired. A multiverse, bringing back a beloved actor, trying to widen your universe, yet done with previous things that weren't fully embraced and done with. It just makes things all so muddled and unclear. To the point where it isn't so unique like The Batman which is coming from a purer place of a filmmaker with a more personal vision to just tell a story. The distinctions are night and day as far as I'm concerned. I was against Joker initially too, but for different reasons, I wasn't baffled by the precedent of bad ideas going in. This just feels like a combination of too many deranged cooks in the kitchen.

With all due respect to Gal and Jason, if they can carry their own movie then Ezra can too. The problem is WB decided to turn what was originally supposed to be a buddy film with Cyborg into multiverse nonsense for whatever reason

My question is, why this for a first Flash movie? Why not just reboot? I think that would be okay given the circumstances. Why take a Flash actor nobody really cares about from a failed franchise, and combine him with a Batman from a failed franchise and combine him with a new Cavill like Supergirl and then just throw in Keaton? I feel like I have a brain injury typing that out. Out of all the approaches, THIS is the best they came up with? With Muschietti directing which just comes off as arbitrary. What are we getting out of this? All of this screams WB having no idea how to handle these characters. Come on guys, we all know you can make a great first Flash movie, and it sure as hell ain't this.

I don't think going off of the assumption people are familiar with a CW show and a failed DCEU with a Flash people don't much care about is going to make this movie a hit. And I'm not convinced the principle of someone like Keaton coming back is going to make a movie a hit, particularly in this baffling context. I think they've just been developing a Flash movie for years and Miller just stuck around. At best, this is going to be just okay, not landing on its face, but not make a real impression. It could do okay financially, maybe just enough where WB will want to do more crap like this. I hate the Spider-Verse idea for No Way Home, but with the precedent of Marvel, I at least know there's a real chance they can pull it off. I'm not saying it will be great, but I don't think it will be a trainwreck like this has the makings of. You have Muschietti who can steer it into competence maybe, but when the fundamental pieces are just dumb, you can only do so much. Both ideas are bad, but this one just plain dumb in more ways than one.
I mean this is the reboot. You can call it a failed franchise if you want but Wonder Woman/ Aquaman/ Shazam are successul properties why throw them out? This is basicaly their Days of Future Past film. Phases out what didnt work and chart a new course moving forward. Its happening with the first flash because of timing from all the delays this project has faced. WB/DC have to find a way forward and multiverse is way to do it

I mean this is the reboot. You can call it a failed franchise if you want but Wonder Woman/ Aquaman/ Shazam are successul properties why throw them out? This is basicaly their Days of Future Past film. Phases out what didnt work and chart a new course moving forward. Its happening with the first flash because of timing from all the delays this project has faced. WB/DC have to find a way forward and multiverse is way to do it

If this is a reboot, they're not even doing it right. It's like a reboot got a brain injury. It's the most unnecessary and convoluted way to do it. Why not just reboot the old fashioned way and recast and leave the Snyder stuff alone like all other reboots have done? Why are they keeping Miller? That's like instead of rebooting with Tom Holland as Spider-Man, Sony made a Spider-Man reboot but kept Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy to lead the movie, brought back Andrew Garfield to jettison him and replaced him with Tobey Maguire. See how insane and nonsensical that sounds?

I don't think they found their way forward, I think they just stumbled into it and the multiverse is a convenient buzz word to justify their haphazard thinking. WB doesn't have a plan. It's been clear for many years now. This whole "DC Multiverse" is soluble. I guarantee if this movie fails, the multiverse idea will just quietly disappear and they'll move onto the next thing.

If this is a reboot, they're not even doing it right. It's like a reboot got a brain injury. It's the most unnecessary and convoluted way to do it. Why not just reboot the old fashioned way and recast and leave the Snyder stuff alone like all other reboots have done? Why are they keeping Miller? That's like instead of rebooting with Tom Holland as Spider-Man, Sony made a Spider-Man reboot but kept Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy to lead the movie, brought back Andrew Garfield to jettison him and replaced him with Tobey Maguire. See how insane and nonsensical that sounds?

I don't think they found their way forward, I think they just stumbled into it and the multiverse is a convenient buzz word to justify their haphazard thinking. WB doesn't have a plan. It's been clear for many years now. This whole "DC Multiverse" is soluble. I guarantee if this movie fails, the multiverse idea will just quietly disappear and they'll move onto the next thing.

Again why throw out the entire universe? Garfield spiderman is still in his own universe. It has nothing to do with Holland

You gotta give DC this though: they swing for the fences with their films. Snyder, Jenkins, Wan, Yan, Muschietti all seem to have a “go big or go home” mentality when making these movies and I kind of love that about DC. Yes, we can have extensive debates about how successful that approach was for them but its bold. This Flash movie is not playing by the traditional solo movie template, its throwing Barry into a big crazy, universe spanning epic it seems. Im trusting Muschietti to pull this off, he seems to be a filmmaker that knows what hes doing behind the camera.

I agree. On paper, this movie sounds like a giant cluster**** waiting to happen. Like they didn't even bother to learn their lesson from BvS.

However, the DC cinematic universe, whatever they call it, is already a giant cluster**** of a mess. If this movie serves as a grand reset button to reboot the whole damn thing with new characters in place, like Keaton Batman and Flashpoint Supergirl, then I'll at least be semi-interested. But still not very confident.

It seems like DC is in a race with Marvel again to see who can do a better multiverse storyline

He's back

E4Vq7qzXoAM_P6_

E4Vq7q1WEAEdTy_
What mother f-ing boss! Keaton looks great

My Batman is back baby!!!

It can be lonely in uncharted waters. It seems like Muschietti is going for it and I hope he knocks it out of the park. It might sound messy, but sometimes messy can be fun.

Keaton said yes to this for a reason, and I choose to believe it was for more than money.

I've grown numb to the majority of CBMs coming out today and stuff like The Batman is really the only type of comic book movie Im in incredibly pumped for because it's unique and it's a pure artists vision. Im definitely excited for no way home because of the Raimi verse involvement and I'm curious about the Flash too, mainly because I'm excited to see Keaton again. Will this film turn out good? I have no idea, but I am curious and even if it doesn't, at least it'll be nice to see Keaton again in the role.

Again why throw out the entire universe? Garfield spiderman is still in his own universe. It has nothing to do with Holland

Sure, WW and Aquaman were successful and are doing their own thing now, and you could do one with Miller as Flash. I'm just saying they could do it in a less stupid way. Like... maybe just make a regular Flash movie? Why this roundabout reboot multiverse nonsense?

As for WW and Aquaman, those were being made before BVS came out. They kind of accidentally happened to work out for WB after the fact since they were good and made a profit. WB did away with the Snyderverse and from their successes, they just stumbled into them doing their own thing; there is still a momentum built off of them after their movies. It was luck and good fortune on WB's part, more in thanks to Jenkins and Wong. Miller's Flash is getting a solo film after the Snyderverse is dead. It's like they missed the boat. The common denominator is that WB has no vision or plan. They buy into whatever might sound good at the time because they want to be Marvel and they have no understanding of these characters and they will drop it as soon as they picked it up.

Last edited:
I am getting Old Man Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond vibes from the Keaton pics. I hope he is as cranky and "I don't give a ****" as BB Bruce was on that show.

I am getting Old Man Bruce Wayne from Batman Beyond vibes from the Keaton pics. I hope he is as cranky and "I don't give a ****" as BB Bruce was on that show.
Yes. And it would make a perfect segway to an actual Batman Beyond movie with old man Keaton Batman.

It seems like DC is in a race with Marvel again to see who can do a better multiverse storyline

I could be wrong, but I thought it was first announced/rumored that The Flash film would be introducing the multiverse prior to the news dropped about Spider-man No Way Home doing something similar. It just took longer for The Flash film to get off the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"