MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

I could be wrong, but I thought it was first announced/rumored that The Flash film would be introducing the multiverse prior to the news dropped about Spider-man No Way Home doing something similar. It just took longer for The Flash film to get off the ground.

I believe the original plan for it was always Flashpoint, as far back as when Snyder was running the DCEU.

It can be lonely in uncharted waters. It seems like Muschietti is going for it and I hope he knocks it out of the park. It might sound messy, but sometimes messy can be fun.

Keaton said yes to this for a reason, and I choose to believe it was for more than money.

I'm ready to get nuts.

You have to be a kinda dead inside to not crack a smile at the thought of seeing Keaton as Bruce/Batman again.

I mean if it doesn't even give you a little bit of joy, you should probably consider just stop watching this genre of film. Which is totally fine but I mean...c'mon. This is Keaton we're talking about. Even if the movie isn't good I'm confident he'll give a great performance and we won't be able to take our eyes off him when he's on screen.

I mean this is the reboot. You can call it a failed franchise if you want but Wonder Woman/ Aquaman/ Shazam are successul properties why throw them out? This is basicaly their Days of Future Past film. Phases out what didnt work and chart a new course moving forward. Its happening with the first flash because of timing from all the delays this project has faced. WB/DC have to find a way forward and multiverse is way to do it
Well said.

It can be lonely in uncharted waters. It seems like Muschietti is going for it and I hope he knocks it out of the park. It might sound messy, but sometimes messy can be fun.

Keaton said yes to this for a reason, and I choose to believe it was for more than money.
:up:

We all agree no one is gonna watch this movie for Flash, right?
Well I certainly won't be watching it for Flash!

I refuse to get sucked into negativity. Yes, this could be terrible, but I'm just trying to enjoy the crazy ride. After years of underwhelming Bat-Fleck stuff (I like him in the role, but the movies didn't really do it for me), I'm just happy to be hyped for Batman on film again.

Yup.

I'm going to wait until the film actually comes out before declaring it a disaster.

There's no rule that says a solo character "has" to have his first film play out a certain way in order for it to be good. Plenty of solo heroes went the more conventional route in their first solo feature, and quite a few of those movies ended up being forgettable.

He's back

E4Vq7qzXoAM_P6_

E4Vq7q1WEAEdTy_
This nearly killed me.

With all due respect to Gal and Jason, if they can carry their own movie then Ezra can too. The problem is WB decided to turn what was originally supposed to be a buddy film with Cyborg into multiverse nonsense for whatever reason
There's always that one guy....

LOL “Multiverse nonsense”.

Yeah, because there’s absolutely no precedent for the character getting into multiverse shenanigans in the comics. But he’s been getting into regular team-ups with Cyborg since… since… *frantically searches the archives, coming up with nothing*… well. Anyway. :o

Lol we don't know a lick about the film, but it's all bad already? They take risks and it's a mess because they just "don't know what to do" despite doing a ton.

From what I noticed, there are only a few people in this forum that have an issue with Ezra and his hair.

Most people accept him and even like him after Snyder Cut because he has stopped being so obnoxious with humor written by Whedon.

Ezra has shown that he can play more subtly and Barry as a character turned out to be more complex and competent.

Ezra as actor is OK but his performance when he suits up as Flash is much better than his performance as Barry Allen.

I suppose he will have to win over his skeptics, which can be difficult, I remember even after Aquaman's success, some people still find Jason Momoa as dude Bro type of actor who they think is miscast.

Ezra as Barry in Snyder Cut is more calm, not as excited as in Josstice League.That's why I like him, because Barry should be as a character more calm and collective.

I think the awkwardness suited him for the Snyder Cut and showed that he had grown insecure without his parents.

I am convinced that in The Flash he will be less clunky and more like in the comic, which makes sense given how much he has done in ZSJL.

And yes, for me ZSJL is a canon, I don't care what the WB says.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Flash movie completely contradicts JL Snyder Cut, since it's a studio-driven Hamada film.

They'll have to show how Barry and Iris met for example.. and I suspect it will be different than JLSC.

I do appreciate the yellow lightning too.

And since this film will have to explain his time travel abilities, what we get may not line up with what we saw in JLSC either.

I can’t even pretend to be seeing the movie for Miller. I’m all in on Keaton and what the film means for his future as Batman. If I walk away giving half a **** about Flash, it’ll be a win/win.

I'm ready to get nuts.

You have to be a kinda dead inside to not crack a smile at the thought of seeing Keaton as Bruce/Batman again.

I mean if it doesn't even give you a little bit of joy, you should probably consider just stop watching this genre of film. Which is totally fine but I mean...c'mon. This is Keaton we're talking about. Even if the movie isn't good I'm confident he'll give a great performance and we won't be able to take our eyes off him when he's on screen.
All of this! Have no idea how the movie will turn out but you can bet your butt I'm hyped to see Keaton.

I get not trusting the DCEU, but there has been some bright spots like Shazam and Birds of Prey. And also The Suicide Squad and The Batman (although not connected) looks pretty promising.

I dunno, I just think I trust Andy Muschietti and Christina Hodson to make this work far more than the other people that has touched DC.

Don't get me too excited for a Michelle Pfeiffer cameo somewhere in there!
I think I would actually pass out if it happened. Keaton coming back is amazing, but Pfeiffer coming back?! Oh man. My dream.

I have no nostalgic or otherwise need to see Keaton or Affleck again. I'm only really hyped for Supergirl and Flash, I just hope its received well enough that we could get a proper Flash solo film after the fact.

I'm almost the exact opposite. I'm totally excited for Keaton coming back .

His Batman was the one that got me into The Batman character in 1989 , and by extension, other comic book heroes in general.

So there's no way I'm not gonna be rooting for him, or be excited to see him return to the role.

While I'm interested in Sasha's Supergirl, I'm not overly hyped to see Miller's Flash solo film.

I thought he was fine in the part, but I'm not hoping for a proper solo Miller Flash film at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"