Mr. Freeze in Reeves' Batuniverse

Yeah there are not many things to do with Freeze in Reeves universe. It's hitman and heart of ice combined and that's it. So that experimental Joker style film with many twists to the story could work better. They just need a visionary director, damn good acting (Ryan Gosling), an R rating, no Ferris Boyle and no scientific stuff, just Victor and Nora and a bunch of new characters. These "literally me" dramas are what DC should be aiming for because people nowadays are searching for this type of films like never before and even better when you have Gosling or a Fassbender type as the lead. Of course this would be seperated from Reeves universe and be in the DC black label films.
You can still do it with the sci fi elements. And with Ferris Boyle.

Actually I was saying from day one he would come back

You can still do it with the sci fi elements. And with Ferris Boyle.
You could, it all depends on the writer and if he prefers to create his own characters or look at comics and source material for inspiration. There is alway the chance of including that Ferris Boyle character and changing his name. Writers love that.

I think I'm gonna have to write that ****ing mr freeze film myself haha I'm more hyped for that thing than I am for Batman sequel

Make it a period piece film set in the 1940s or 1950s for the GA to know it's in another timeline and universe

This:

protective-cryo-suit-500x500.jpg

Plus this:

chara_fury_pic.gif

I’m also on the boat of him wearing something resembling a cryogenic suit. When looking at prototype suits for astronauts, thermal suits, military, etc we’re not ALL that far off from what can be faithful and plausible today.

4876729D-3C38-437C-877F-6CA65B8F66AE.jpeg

4E55141E-53B1-4F23-8B49-6770A0F9D34B.jpeg

Based on what I've seen here and on Twitter, I feel like I'm the only one NOT clamoring for Freeze to be the villain in this sequel. I love Freeze, but the thought of him being a focal point of the sequel does not really excite me, for some reason. There are other directions I'd prefer they take.

Based on what I've seen here and on Twitter, I feel like I'm the only one NOT clamoring for Freeze to be the villain in this sequel. I love Freeze, but the thought of him being a focal point of the sequel does not really excite me, for some reason. There are other directions I'd prefer they take.
I've been talking myself into the idea the more I think about it, but I'm hardly going to be upset if he's not the villain.

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't find Freeze to be that sympathetic? Is he a tragic character? Absolutely. But he's keeping his wife in suspended animation either against her will or unbeknownst to her, all the while committing criminal acts with zero regard towards anyone else. There is an inherent selfishness to the character, which is why I believe his arc should be centered around the idea of forgiveness, saying goodbye and letting go.

If Reeves keeps up his serial killer motif, he could always use the Ice Man Richard Kuklinski as his inspiration.

It's either hitman and sick wife or Reeves comes up with something genius we didn't expect. There's also the possibility of just not seeing him.

The “scientific experiments” is the main reason why I don’t want to see it. I feel like it’ll take the sequel into generico land. And Hush would be a repeat of what we just saw, just with a doctor who is physically bigger than Dano. Almost everything else is the same.

Freeze needs to be a singular antagonist or a lead role. And I’m positive this movie will have an ensemble of equal screen time & importance from the rogues gallery. A variety of characters with a lust for power. Victor’s path is personal and driven by family. He’s not trying to take Penguin’s spot. Or trying to prevent Penguin from becoming “the man” in Gotham City. That’s not it at all.

The “scientific experiments” is the main reason why I don’t want to see it. I feel like it’ll take the sequel into generico land. And Hush would be a repeat of what we just saw, just with a doctor who is physically bigger than Dano. Almost everything else is the same.

Freeze needs to be a singular antagonist or a lead role. And I’m positive this movie will have an ensemble of equal screen time & importance from the rogues gallery. A variety of characters with a lust for power. Victor’s path is personal and driven by family. He’s not trying to take Penguin’s spot. Or trying to prevent Penguin from becoming “the man” in Gotham City. That’s not it at all.

I agree with you on Hush but what's exactly wrong with "scientific experiments" ?

How would it be generic ?

I’m not saying Poison Ivy necessarily wants that kind of power either but she (and other villains) are more likely to be living/breathing characters in the sequel, simply based on the current state of Gotham.

100 percent...this is going to have an Escape From New York vibe. I can just feel it in me bones! Batman in his batmobile driving through the areas of the city that aren’t flooded. Coming into contact with low level and higher level gangs, more predators than usual, more homeless ppl than usual. Citizens crowded in places you wouldn’t expect. Chaos in some areas. Eerie silence on the streets in other areas of the city. It might make the city feel smaller and more claustrophobic for everyone involved. Penguin can’t hide like he used to.

The more I think about it, the easier it is for me to narrow down the villains.

I agree with you on Hush but what's exactly wrong with "scientific experiments" ?

How would it be generic ?
Because it’s in just about every comic book movie and I’m personally tired of it. I want these movies to have their own identity.

I just don't have much interest in Ivy as a solo main antagonist. By all means put her in an ensemble of Arkham inmates, but it's hard for me to get excited at the prospect of her headlining a movie.

She's an eco terrorist that prioritizes plant life over human. How does this relate back to both the power grab angle and how does she specifically inform Bruce's development as a character?

She would be in favor of the flood and have a bunch of followers causing chaos and destruction in the streets. She would serve as an antagonist for Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent who are just trying to rebuild the city. Bruce then as Batman would go to her territory and interrogate her. Pamela seduces and poisons powerful people to get what she needs. Main antagonist? Probably not, but I don't think there will be a main antagonist in the sequel, just a bunch of freaks roaming around the streets. Get an actress like Anya Taylor-Joy, Jessie Buckley or Lea Seyoux and you have your Poison Ivy.

Last edited:
Or Riley Keough!

Yeah she would be one of the antagonists. Could even be a character who isn’t much of a villain. Just world building, showing Robinson Park (which is hinted at in The Batman). She’s taking care of hippie types. She feels like the flood was the best thing to happen to Gotham and wouldn’t mind if it was always like this. Batman runs into her for information , making sure she’s not harming anyone but mainly interrogating her about someone she came into contact with. Reeves likes introducing these villains in their origin stages so there ya go.

Yes! I forgot about Riley, she could do it too

Btw I need Rory Kinnear for Mr. Freeze and I will not accept anyone else. :o

He’s my choice for Calendar Man. I have to admit I’ve only seen him in those Bond movies where he’d have like 3 scenes so I haven’t been impressed or anything. But he looks super creepy in the new Alex Garland movie.

He’s my choice for Calendar Man. I have to admit I’ve only seen him in those Bond movies where he’d have like 3 scenes so I haven’t been impressed or anything. But he looks super creepy in the new Alex Garland movie.
You need to watch Penny Dreadful, fam.

Mr freeze in the sequel would be cool to see, hope it happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"