Netflix Jupiter’s Legacy

The large focus on the "origin" seemed like a cost savings measure.

At times I did feel like more money was spent on Shadow & Bone than this.
I haven’t watched that yet but I have seen the trailers and you can see in just the trailers that they spent more money on Shadow and Bone lol.

I haven’t watched that yet but I have seen the trailers and you can see in just the trailers that they spent more money on Shadow and Bone lol.

They shot in Hungary, used a lot of extras and wardrobe, I think that shows. Plus the special effects they do have look great.

It also dragged way too much than it needed. It could've been done in one or two episodes.
I am still ok and like the two timeline storyline because for me it worked but there are two books Jupiter’s Circle and Legacy.

I’m thinking maybe they should’ve just done a show set in the present and the prequel portion separately like the books and that would’ve been the way to go I have to admit. At least when the show was announced I thought that was the way they were going to go.

It also dragged way too much than it needed. It could've been done in one or two episodes.

Yeah I was bored and like WTH with them stopping the modern day action for so long to focus primarily on the backstory.

I liked Duhamel’s performance in this as well. From playing this happy go lucky young man in the past to this Demigod with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

I also loved his scenes with Brandon and Chole and how he wants to get closer to his children but all he just keeps doing is pushing them away. I found it pretty heartbreaking. At least for me it was.

Last edited:
Although I wasn't a fan of the jumping back and forth of the timelines, I thought the original stuff was more entertaining overall than the present. Maybe because it was clear where it was going while the present one was less so.

Also, I feel like it ended in a weird place compared to where I had anticipated (based on the comic).

Ok I watched JL for a second time and I think the first time as a fan I had high expectations. When I watched it the first time I thought it was good but with flaws.

So after rewatching the show this time I love it and I had an even more enjoyable experience the second time around.

I guess because I went in knowing what I was getting into with my rewatch it allowed to enjoy it more even with the flaws. Anyway I definitely recommend you guys should check it out again.

Although I wasn't a fan of the jumping back and forth of the timelines, I thought the original stuff was more entertaining overall than the present. Maybe because it was clear where it was going while the present one was less so.

Also, I feel like it ended in a weird place compared to where I had anticipated (based on the comic).
Yeah I thought I knew where they were going to end the season too based off of the comic. Rewatching the show and looking at how they structured the season it would’ve felt rushed if they ended the season how issue #3 of book one ended. If that’s how you thought they were going to end the season too lol.

I kinda like that it’s set up a little more so that if they do get a second season it will be more emotional now that they build up to that event more.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought I knew where they were going to end the season too based off of the comic. Rewatching the show and looking at how they structured the season it would’ve felt rushed if they ended the season how issue #3 of book one ended. If that’s how you thought they were going to end the season too lol.

I kinda like that it’s set up a little more so that if they do get a second season it will be more emotional now that they build up to that event more.

The approach they took with some of characters and the relationships is certainly different from the comics. That’s where I was getting the whole “wheel spinning” vibes I said a while back. Just knowing how things ended up in that version had me going “Yeah, let’s get on with it.” They probably would’ve gone that route if they didn’t spend as much time on the origins as they did.

Just finished it... While it was a bit too slow at some points, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Preferred the origin scenes, really well done if drawn out. The daughter is a pain, son is a bore (and not the greatest actor by a long shot) but for the most part everyone was great.

Hoping for a season 2.

Not surprised. This show didn’t grab me like other shows. It was a good way to pass time but I don’t think I would have eagerly awaited a season 2.

I’m kinda bummed out but at least they’lll still be playing in that Jupiter’s Legacy universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"