Netflix Jupiter’s Legacy

Wow, as someone who really enjoyed this show I gotta say I am disappointed to hear this.

Miller is saying they may come back to it but every other source is saying that ain't the case.

A bit of a bruised ego moment for Millar. If Netflix hadn't bought into Millarworld in such a big way they wouldn't be dancing around it's sudden cancellation. You can say you are ''exploring other options'' or "releasing the cast", but call it what it is. It was not successful and was cancelled.

There was no room for this in a world with The Boys and Invincible.

Seems odd to cancel the show but to launch a spin-off in the same shared universe about the villains.. Would the heroes occasionally show up?

My guess. They feel the brand still has potential to make money but not in live TV show so they will try with an animated spin off. An animation TV show being cheaper (can be wrong, I'm no expert).
Edit: my mistaken, first a spin off being live TV show then "Netflix is also developing an anime adaptation of the series". I read too quickly, apology.

Last edited:
My guess. They feel the brand still has potential to make money but not in live TV show so they will try with an animated spin off. An animation TV show being cheaper (can be wrong, I'm no expert).
Oh I didn't know the spin-off was going to be animated. That's me out then!

Oh I didn't know the spin-off was going to be animated. That's me out then!

No, my mistake, will be first a live TV show, then an animated series from Netflix.
Edited my post accordingly.

Sounds like he would like to be excluded from this narrative, lol.

I actually didn't know he was associated with the show at all until this moment. Had I known, I might have been more interested from the start, tbh. Oh well!

Well, he was the one with the idea on unnecessarily expanding the origin story, which hurt the overall narrative. So there’s that. :funny:

Sounds like he would like to be excluded from this narrative, lol.

I actually didn't know he was associated with the show at all until this moment. Had I known, I might have been more interested from the start, tbh. Oh well!

I did know he was on the show, but I had no idea he was gone midway through.

Oh I was enjoying this, shame it got cancelled.

Well, he was the one with the idea on unnecessarily expanding the origin story, which hurt the overall narrative. So there’s that. :funny:

the origin story was the better part of the narrative imho

A bit of a bruised ego moment for Millar. If Netflix hadn't bought into Millarworld in such a big way they wouldn't be dancing around it's sudden cancellation. You can say you are ''exploring other options'' or "releasing the cast", but call it what it is. It was not successful and was cancelled.

There was no room for this in a world with The Boys and Invincible.
It would struggle to live up the The Boys but I was enjoying it on its own merits.

the origin story was the better part of the narrative imho
Maybe, but when looking at how they kept jumping back and forth, it messed up the flow of things. And then when you compare it to the comic, it felt like even more wheel-spinning. On its own, I thought it worked better than the events of the present, though. Just easy to see how this show didn’t connect with audiences the same way shows like “The Boys” or “Invincible” did. If they stuck closer to the comic, I think it would’ve had a better chance of surviving.

I really tried giving this show a shot, but stopped watching after three episodes.

It kind of feels like I wasted my time with this now... It wasn't great, but Netflix has given worse shows a second season... So I'm still surprised they cancelled the show this quickly.

And I'm still salty about them getting rid of DareDevil and "replacing" it with mediocre stuff like this.

Sadly, I can't see Netflix going anywhere but down in the next 10 years.

They'll need to reinvent themselves back to a video rental service after they get bought out sort of like a Vudu if you will. It just seems like it has gotten ever harder to find content judiciously on netflix as well as overloading with original content moving onto the next thing all too early to keep the selection quantity up.

I really tried giving this show a shot, but stopped watching after three episodes.

I've watched up to three episodes now, and that third episode was a struggle to get through. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother with the rest of it since it has been cancelled anyway and it seems that the whole thing is rather drawn out for the first season.

It's weird to announce that the show has been "cancelled" so soon after they released the season. Even if they were going to cancel it, they could have waited a bit longer to make the announcement.

It's weird to announce that the show has been "cancelled" so soon after they released the season. Even if they were going to cancel it, they could have waited a bit longer to make the announcement.

I've watched up to three episodes now, and that third episode was a struggle to get through. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother with the rest of it since it has been cancelled anyway and it seems that the whole thing is rather drawn out for the first season.

Yup, I wouldn't have bothered watching this if I knew it was going to be cancelled after only one season... (And even worse, it basically ends on what feels like a mid season cliffhanger) I would say it's not worth it, unless you don't have anything else to watch.

I enjoyed it but if you’re not into the backstory plot and not interested in seeing where it goes then it might not be worth it for you given what you’ve mentioned.

For me I found this show to be more like Superman Returns were it is mostly story with little to no action. Which I think is pretty good if the story is good but in the same I can understand why it turned people off.

It's Millar. It's impossible to hurt the overall narrative. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"