The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has plenty of history with Japan and Japanese characters. Shes been in an asiain body for quiet some time since all the Kwannon stuff. Psylocke was also essentialy trained by the hand, the hand destoryed her british body, she killed Matsu'o Tsurayaba to spare him from Wolverine endlessy torturing him after what he did to Mariko.

Psylocke is a freaking ninja when it comes down to it. With her connections to The Hand, having her in a film that takes place in Japan would be a great choice for introducing her,its an easier way to explain her complicated backstory. Most of her backstory connections come from there and I doubt we will ever see The Hand in another X film. I also highly doubt her start from the Captain Britain family side of things will ever be shown on the screen. Dont think Fox owns the Braddock family besides Betsy. They would need to simplify her regardless of what X Men film she does show up in.

Oh man I would be so super excited for this film if only Psylocke is in this movie! And Def28, you are right, Psylocke has a history in Japan and they could fit it in this movie. They could use her for a lot of fight scenes, she could be Wolverine's sidekick and they could kill her so her mind would transfer into another body (Kwannon).

I'm sorry, but I just don't see wat would be so great about adding a character into this story who doesn't fit...

Oh man I would be so super excited for this film if only Psylocke is in this movie! And Def28, you are right, Psylocke has a history in Japan and they could fit it in this movie. They could use her for a lot of fight scenes, she could be Wolverine's sidekick and they could kill her so her mind would transfer into another body (Kwannon).

Yeah I think so too, given they wanted another X men in the film her and Shiro are the only two I could see them adding without feeling forced. More so Psylocke because of The Hands role in the story, her combat skills and weapons . Since First Class has two other telepaths DOFP might not be as likely either and on the 811 side shes a full on villain in the DOFP sidestory. I am a bit worried we wont be seeing her for awhile. Imo putting her in this film would not be a stretch at all. Her background, skills and visual ethnicity make Japan seem a much more suitable setting for her to exist or be introduced on film. Not to mention she wouldnnt be thrown in with a film over run with mutants. I really dont see how her addition would be that far off even if shes not in the Miller/Clearmont story. These films (even the good ones) have done things way more off base that have worked well with characters.

Last edited:
More news:

James Mangold‏@mang0ld
You will get to see some sneak peeks in the days to come. Soon. And images from Japan. We are leaving for Tokyo in two weeks.

I really hope the images for this film are better than the promo material for First Class.. and XMO...

Oh man.I didn't think they would be leaving for japan so early.I thought It would be late september/early October till they went to japan.

Maybe they are doing location filming first and then studio work.

Hugh took Mangold to a rugby game:

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld
Manly Sea Eagles 38, Newcastle Knights 16. HJ was kind enough to bring me to a Sunday Rugby League game. pic.twitter.com/uztT58wF

Oh man.I didn't think they would be leaving for japan so early.I thought It would be late september/early October till they went to japan.

Maybe they are doing location filming first and then studio work.

It's probably to do with fitting in with the climate/seasons. And perhaps also the filming permits they have obtained.

Looks like Hugh is growing it a bit extra scruffy. Wonder what scenes that is for.

It would be cool if Mangold would mention some films that he may be using for inspiration for The Wolverine just like Nolan did with the Batman films.

Edit.

I see he's mentioned The Outlaw Josey Wales. I can see Sydney Pollack's The Yakuza being mentioned somehow.

Last edited:
James Mangold gets it.

The fact that he mentioned Josey Wales makes me so happy.

Hugh took Mangold to a rugby game:

James Mangold ‏@mang0ld
Manly Sea Eagles 38, Newcastle Knights 16. HJ was kind enough to bring me to a Sunday Rugby League game. pic.twitter.com/uztT58wF

Hugh Jackman was at the Giants-Jets game I went to last year.
I'm such a geek I pretty much entirely stopped watching the game to stare at Wolverine the whole time.

Tracy Morgan was also there, but he was backstage outta the cold, lol

Hugh Jackman was at the Giants-Jets game I went to last year.
I'm such a geek I pretty much entirely stopped watching the game to stare at Wolverine the whole time.

Completely understandable. I did the same thing when I saw Bruce Springsteen at a Yankee game about 10 years ago...

When Hugh Jackman was at a Yankee game while he was in The Boy From Oz, I tortured one of my friends about it for days. She loves Hugh...but she's a Mets fan. :oldrazz:

Didn't Mangold state something about pictures coming soon or something on Twitter?

Hopefully we see some soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"