The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James+Mangola_+The+Wolverine+image+1.jpg

I still can't get over how great Logan's hair looks. It's much more subdued compared to hairstyles in the previous films, but it still screams Wolverine.

not digging the giant man next to the Asians, oh wait that's wolvie... or is it Godzilla :) I was hoping they would atleast try to make him shorter.

it's been over 10 years and this is the 6th film with wolverine

and people still cant get over height??really

not digging the giant man next to the Asians, oh wait that's wolvie... or is it Godzilla :) I was hoping they would atleast try to make him shorter.
ed2305b7.png

it's been over 10 years and this is the 6th film with wolverine

and people still cant get over height??really

Never cared about Jackman's height & I actually prefer Wolverine looking more imposing (like the first run of the second volume).

What I can't stand is the hair. It just doesn't look like Wolverine. All I see is Hugh Jackman with mutton chops.

This is what Jackman should look like.

bhd444.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, because that hair wouldn't look completely ridiculous on film..... :o

Yes, because that hair wouldn't look completely ridiculous on film..... :o

Right, because Wolverine's hair is supposed to look normal. Right?

He's an animal. The hair/chops are an extension of that. He's not supposed to look normal. That "ridiculous" hair he carried in the trilogy/prequel is true to the character.

This current style is Jackman choosing not to wear a wig despite compromising that essential Wolverine look.

^screw that he had the traditional look in previous films and his hair looked beyond ridiculous
Hugh-Jackman-Wallpaper.jpg

this more natural subdued look but still very wolverine hair style is just better

^screw that he had the traditional look in previous films and his hair looked beyond ridiculous
Hugh-Jackman-Wallpaper.jpg

this more natural subdued look but still very wolverine hair style is just better

I dissagree. Wolverine's persona is anything but subdued - again, the hair accentuates his primordial nature.

The "ridiculous hair" argument just doesn't apply to Wolverine. He really doesn't care if he looks unfashionable.

Aronofsky criticized how natural his hair looked at times in Origins and wanted Jackman bigger for the part. Why? Because these are traits that define the character. You don't give Steve Rogers a fade because his 40s cut is outdated. You don't have Thor walking around with a ponytail because men today probably wouldn't leave hair that long down. You don't "subdue" Wolverine's hair so he can look more natural.

He's a 150-year-old immortal mutant with animal senses/traits. He's completely unnatural.

what kind of examples are those?

wolverine's hair style is exactly the same just not as much hair

what kind of examples are those?

wolverine's hair style is exactly the same just not as much hair

In your own words, it looks subdued.

"Subdued" should not be in the same sentence as Wolverine.

This is Wolverine.

xlf8ko.jpg

Right now, Joe Manganiello from True Blood looks more like Wolverine than Hugh Jackman does in those set pics.

If they had hired/ cast a shorter actor people wouldn't be still complaining about the height, that or film him shorter so as to not completely change the character from his concept, short and angry, like that of a real wolverine, which is why he is call by that name and not say grizzly bear or some such name. they filmed RDJ in lift so he was taller than pepper potts, they filmed micheal keaton tall as batman, but hugh is 6'3" and they film him that way, in the first film they did somewhat, but after that, they said screw it, and to me that is a problem.

If they had hired/ cast a shorter actor people wouldn't be still complaining about the height, that or film him shorter so as to not completely change the character from his concept, short and angry, like that of a real wolverine, which is why he is call by that name and not say grizzly bear or some such name. they filmed RDJ in lift so he was taller than pepper potts, they filmed micheal keaton tall as batman, but hugh is 6'3" and they film him that way, in the first film they did somewhat, but after that, they said screw it, and to me that is a problem.

They film them that way, because Hollywood likes its leading men tall. Wolverine is no exception. This is nothing new, and it isn't limited to the movies either.

Professor ‏@MC_Professor
Hollywood actor Hugh Jackman spotted filming on location in Akihabara today, reports multiple sources. Wolverine 2? - http://ow.ly/dq797

but it has been 12 years of wolverine on screen it seems counter productive to still complain about it

This current style is Jackman choosing not to wear a wig despite compromising that essential Wolverine look.
No, it's more Jackman and co. realizing how AWFUL his hair looked all throughout X3, the only film where he wore a wig.

Wolverine's hair has ranged from short to extremely long and it has never stopped him from being who he is. So I guess all those artist who have chosen to make his hair shorter are sacrificing that traditional Wolverine look? Doubtful seeing as they're still completely recognizable as Wolverine.

tumblr_lknozsJOv11qdx954o1_400.jpg
FchbO.jpg

No, it's more Jackman and co. realizing how AWFUL his hair looked all throughout X3, the only film where he wore a wig.

I highly doubt that.

This seems to be a case of "its not long enough, but I ain't wearing some annoying wig."

The X3 hair looked the part. If you think it looked awful then you probably don't like the way the character looks in 90% of the comics he's in.

The hair is not supposed to ever look reasonable. Its completely unreasonable hence complementing his unreasonable and surreal existence.

Wolverine's hair has ranged from short to extremely long and it has never stopped him from being who he is. So I guess all those artist who have chosen to make his hair shorter are sacrificing that traditional Wolverine look? Doubtful seeing as they're still completely recognizable as Wolverine.
tumblr_lknozsJOv11qdx954o1_400.jpg
FchbO.jpg

The character still has way more hair than Jackman in both those panels.

I highly doubt that.

This seems to be a case of "its not long enough, but I ain't wearing some annoying wig."
But he already has put on a wig for this film. :huh:

Why would he wear a wig in X3.. in Les Miz (which he just completed) and THIS film for certain scenes, but not for the rest of the film? :huh:

The X3 hair looked the part. If you think it looked awful then you probably don't like the way the character looks in 90% of the comics he's in.
In my opinion, the wig(s) in X3 were just terrible. They look just as bad as the wig he wore for 2 scenes in X2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"