Now You See Me 2

So Fisher is pregnant and is being replaced by Lizzy Caplan?
Yep, looks that way. Caplan is playing a separate character though, so I'm interested to see how they write Fisher's out.

Is Caplan playing Fisher's character or a new character?

ETA: Oops! I didn't see this!

Yep, looks that way. Caplan is playing a separate character though, so I'm interested to see how they write Fisher's out.

New character huh? I dunno what's worse, writing her out or outright replacing her...

Struggling to see how Caine fits into all this, the whole premise of the first film was Ruffalo shafting him.

That this film isn't called Now You Don't is the worst tragedy in cinema since the Taken producers said "hey, let's hire Megaton"

Borat doesn't shoot blanks.

why does Caplan look like a man with long hair?

Eisenberg with short hair looks 10 years older. he now looks like a man.

Last edited:
Eisenberg with short hair hmm. Someone's still in Lex Luthor mode I see. Also Daniel Radcliffe looks really good with a beard.

I confess it would be interesting to see Eisenberg and Radcliffe go at each other in a verbal battle.

I legit thought Caplan was a dude for a second.

Ah same here! And yeah Eisenberg looks like a man now

I like how an actress gets pregnant, which means we have to write her out. Not delay filming, not work around it, get rid of her.

It's their fault for being women. :o

Katherine Moennig and Lizzy Caplan look like they could be sisters.

I like how an actress gets pregnant, which means we have to write her out. Not delay filming, not work around it, get rid of her.
Right? It's ridiculous. They could have worked around it. It's not like anyone is clamouring for a sequel, or its a franchise that has a due date

It's their fault for being women. :o
Yeah, you'd think they realize being men is the way to go in the film business. :o

Right? It's ridiculous. They could have worked around it. It's not like anyone is clamouring for a sequel, or its a franchise that has a due date
I'd understand maybe if this was some hot property. But nope, they have to rush it out for some nondescript reason. As Marvel already showed us, along with plenty of television shows, this is very simple.

After What If, I am willing to bet Daniel wins.

I legit thought Caplan was a dude for a second.

Check her out in True Blood, there's no way she could be mistaken for a dude. She looks totally...
(They are real, and they are spectacular.)

Last edited:
I just saw the first one for the first time a few days ago and liked it well enough though I did feel like Eisenberg was miscast as the character seems like it should have been played by someone older.

Nothing really caught my eye in the teaser except Isla Fisher has been replaced.

Me too mate.

As for the Isla Fisher thing, she was pregnant while they were shooting the film so I think they replaced the character.

After seeing the teaser, I'm really missing Isla. I like Lizzy Caplan, but there have been instances where other studios were willing to work around an actress's pregnancy. Penelope Cruz in Pirates of the Caribbean 4 and Scarlett Johansson in Avengers: Age of Ultron, for instance.

They've could just shot Isla's scenes from the chest up and used body doubles for wide shots and such. It annoys me that Lionsgate/Summit didn't do that or offer Isla that option.

Is Caplan playing a different character? I miss Isla. It's 2015. I don't see how they cannot just shoot around her pregnancy. :argh: And I say this as someone who LOVES Caplan. The appeal of sequels like this is to see the entire "gang" once more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"