Official 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this year is a very deep draft.

im hoping LA gets the 1st pick, because with O'Sullivan, Cammalleri, Kopitar and Brown they dont really need another prospect forward and would be more inclined to trade down as their is a wealth of blueliners in this draft.

any other team that gets the #1 pick is probably gonna take Stamkos, he is just too good of a talent to pass up.

another pick to watch out for is Nikita Filatov. yes, he is russian, which may see him drop in the draft but he definitely has the talent to be a top 10, possibly top 5 pick. kyle beach and mikkel boedker are also top flight talents.

will be a good draft this year.

Tampa got the first pick. Almost four years (three seasons) after winning the Stanley Cup they wind up as the worst team in the league.

LA finished second. The Toronto media will have plenty of speculation and rumours that TO will try and trade up to the 2nd pick this year since the team even sucks at rebuilding.

This is my favourite time of the year :)

Though it pains me to say it, I fully expect to see the Canadiens play the Red Wings for the Cup.

How about we stay on topic here and not post massive movie posters?

I finally got my picks in.....

and damn the games being on Versus and NBC and not the local team networks!

I'm working on my picks this evening, and I will win this and prove you wrong.

I finally got my picks in.....

and damn the games being on Versus and NBC and not the local team networks!

WIP said the Flyers/Capitals series is the only series to have every game televised.

For all those people who haven't submitted there picks yet....remember....ask yourself....What would Bob Sanders do?
He'd get everysingle pick right and dominate everything.

WIP said the Flyers/Capitals series is the only series to have every game televised.

really,

so wait a minute, what if it wasn't? would people in the Philadelphia area miss a game?

For all those people who haven't submitted there picks yet....remember....ask yourself....What would Bob Sanders?
He'd get everysingle pick right and dominate everything.

Sadly, most of us aren't Bob Sanders.

I still need picks from Steve Rogers, Immortalfire and Showtime. Need them by WED 7:00PM.

Just got Immortalfire's picks. Steve Rogers is the only one I'm missing. Showtime will get his to me tonight.

I'll also be posting my picks on here so you guys don't think I'm cheating.

really,

so wait a minute, what if it wasn't? would people in the Philadelphia area miss a game?

Actually I just checked and Detroit/Nashville is as well so Morganti was wrong.

But I read this
Locally, Comcast SportsNet has announced that it will carry Games 1, 3, 4, 6 and 7 - all of the games not on NBC. As for Versus, it will be blacked out in the Philadelphia area.

So the local station would carry and game not on VS or NBC,

really,

We're getting the games on Comcast Sportsnet whenever they show the games on Versus.

We're getting the games on Comcast Sportsnet whenever they show the games on Versus.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=Schedule&service=page&gameType=3

That link should have updated schedules for national and local broadcasts. CBC has picked up a two more series

EA Sports had their simulation and the San Jose Sharks defeated the Montreal Canadiens to win the Stanley Cup. Continues the streak of "non-traditional" hockey markets winning against Canadian teams.

NewYorkSpider's Playoff Picks. I'm posting my picks so nobody thinks I cheated.

Eastern Conference Picks

Montreal vs Boston - Montreal in 4

1. Canadiens 2. Canadiens 3. Canadiens 4. Canadiens

Pittsburgh vs Ottawa - Penguins in 6

1. Penguins 2. Penguins 3. Senators 4. Penguins 5. Senators 6. Penguins

Washington vs Philadelphia - Flyers in 7

1. Capitals 2. Capitals 3. Flyers 4. Flyers 5. Capitals 6. Flyers 7. Flyers

New Jersey vs New York - Devils in 6

1. Devils 2. Devils 3. Rangers 4. Rangers 5. Devils 6. Devils

Western Conference Picks

Detroit vs Nashville - Red Wings in 5

1. Red Wings 2. Red Wings 3. Predators 4. Red Wings 5. Red Wings

San Jose vs Calgary - Flames in 6

1. Sharks 2. Flames 3. Flames 4. Sharks 5. Flames 6. Flames

Minnestoa vs Colorado - Wild in 7

1. Wild 2. Wild 3. Avalanche 4. Avalanche 5. Wild 6. Avalanche 7. Wild

Anaheim vs Dallas - Ducks in 7

1. Ducks 2. Stars 3. Stars 4. Ducks 5. Ducks 6. Stars 7. Ducks

You didn't list off the Devils/Rangers games...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Interesting NYS; you believe the home team will win every game in the Minny/Colorado series.

You should show everybody's picks so we can all keep track of who and what...

:yay:

You didn't list off the Devils/Rangers games...

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Thanks. I did them at 4AM and was in a hurry.

Interesting NYS; you believe the home team will win every game in the Minny/Colorado series.

Look at thier regular season meetings. I believe the Wild beat the Avs at Colorado once. Other than that, the home team one every contest. It doesn't guarantee anything in the playoffs, but thats how I'm approaching the series.

You should show everybody's picks so we can all keep track of who and what...

:yay:

If I have time I will. I've been pretty busy lately.

I have yet to recieve Steve Rogers picks. I checked his profile and he hasn't been on since Mar 25th. That means he didn't get my PM.

I really dont think the Capitals are going to win a game in Philadelphia, and i think it would be improbable that the Flyers didn't take ONE of the four games in Washington. Thus i believe they WILL win the series.

Yeah I was going to say you should post everyone's picks. But no rush, the 1st round should last a two weeks.

Jason Reitman, Adam Beach to blog during NHL playoffs
Last Updated: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 | 3:36 PM ET

Canadian director Jason Reitman and actors Adam Beach and Thomas Cavanagh are among the celebrities who will blog about hockey during this year's playoffs.

The National Hockey League has lined up more than a dozen celebrity fans to write about their favourite team or their love of hockey on the NHL website.

Jason Reitman, shown at the Academy Awards on Feb. 24, will blog about hockey for the NHL. Jason Reitman, shown at the Academy Awards on Feb. 24, will blog about hockey for the NHL.
(Kevork Djansezian/Associated Press)

Adam Beach, a Canadian actor who plays the role of Det. Chester Lake on NBC's hit show Law & Order: SVU, will be following the Ottawa Senators in playoff action.

Thomas Cavanagh, the Ottawa-born actor who starred in the comedy Ed, also will be following the Senators, who open the playoffs Wednesday night against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Reitman, who earned an Oscar nomination for his film Juno, is a Canucks fan who was left disappointed when the team failed to make the playoffs.

"So what I decided is that I'm going to write a kind of mythical blog about what the Canucks and [L.A.] Kings would be doing had they still been in," he said.

Reitman, 30, has directed commercials for the NHL and served on its entertainment advisory board.

A native Canadian who grew up in Los Angeles, he said he's followed hockey closely for seven years.

"I'd come to really love the game and I was just a little upset because I felt there was more of an opportunity for particularly Americans to know about the game and follow the game," he said.

The bloggers are meant to be "irreverent and candid" about their team and their love for hockey, said NHL spokeswoman Bernadette Mansur.

This is the second year the NHL has recruited TV, music and film stars to blog during the playoffs.

Other celebrity bloggers for 2008:

* Rob Mariano, a reality TV star from Survivor, following the Boston Bruins.
* Kevin Smith, director of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, following the New Jersey Devils.
* David Boreanz, star of Bones, following the Philadelphia Flyers.
* Syd Butler, bassist for Les Savy Fav, following the Washington Capitals.
* Dierks Bentley, country singer, following the Nashville Predators.
* Thorsten Kaye, of soap All My Children, following the Detroit Red
Wings.

I picked the Flyers though they won't survive with Hatcher on the ice or the refs. Ovechkin will be doing triple axels around him....(and the whole team probably anyway). For once the past two games, they (Flyers) actually played like a team/good. But it'd be nice if they won the round. I'd like to work past this month.

I always have good faith in the good ol' Wings but I can't decide on my fave for the East in the finals.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!

Finally, the NHL playoffs begin and... I don't have OLN anymore. DAMN! No games on ESPN or NBC either, DOUBLE DAMN!

At least I have good 'ole CBC, they'll have a game or two almost every night during the opening round. Just won't be able to flip from game to game this year I guess. Unless... does anyone know if their will be any games broadcast on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"