Persona 5

Is This The Persona 5 Protagonist’s Persona?. February 5, 2015 . 3:51am

A picture from the Persona 5 event going on in Japan at the moment.

The Persona Channel 2015 live stream is about to come to an end, meaning that we’ll soon see the last “?????” announcement. Meanwhile, it looks like some fans in Japan have already gotten a peek at what appears to be Persona 5’s protagonist and his Persona. [Thanks, @snowdust_sky]

The final announcement of Atlus’ Persona event is expected to be made sometime around “21:??”JPT, so we can expect to see the reveal sometime within the next few minutes or hour. We’ll know then if this is the Persona your main character will use or something else entirely.

Read more stories about Persona 5 & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

PlayStation 3, Top, PlayStation 4
Persona 5 debut gameplay trailer
Published 23 mins ago. 40 comments.

It's a masquerade.

P5-Gameplay-PV-Init.jpg

Atlus debuted a new trailer for Persona 5 during its Persona Super Live 2015 concert in Nippon Budokan this evening.
The trailer introduces the protagonist as the mysterious Phantom character from today’s Yomiuri Shimbun advertisement, as well three still-to-named characters (a girl, a guy, and a cat). Gameplay scenes include everyday life, menus, dungeons (where we see stealth and jumping elements), and battles (where we see each character don their own masks). Finally, the trailer ends with what looks like the protagonist transforming into his Persona.
First-print copies of Persona 4: Dancing All Night will include a Persona 5 Special Movie Blu-ray disc containing special video of the game.
More information is expected in next week’s Famitsu magazine.
Watch the trailer below.

[YT]oc_9r4wifFc[/YT]
Visit the game’s official website here.

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Top, Atlus, Clips, Persona 5, RPG, Trailers
Persona 5 Trailer Shows Gameplay Footage And Other Characters. February 5, 2015 . 4:14am

The first gameplay trailer for Persona 5.

The above is look of the latest trailer that starts out with the words along the lines of “will it bring glory… or will it be catastrophe…” followed by a look at some in-game footage of the protagonist walking around, spending time in class, and with friends.

So far, Atlus have revealed three other characters with a blonde guy and girl, along with a mascot-like cat character. The characters appear to be some sort of group of masked vigilantes, as they’re shown wearing masks in combat.

Persona 5 is in development for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Exclusive Persona 5 Blu-ray Included With First Print Copies Of Persona 4: Dancing All Night. February 5, 2015 . 4:47am

First-print copies of Persona 4: Dancing All Night will include a special Blu-ray disc for Persona 5.

Atlus just revealed the first gameplay footage, and also announced at the end of their +30 hour live stream that first-print copies of Persona 4: Dancing All Night will include a special Blu-ray disc for Persona 5.

According to the above image from Persona 4: Dancing All Night’s official page, the special video Blu-ray disc for Persona 5 will include exclusive footage from Persona 5.

While we’re not exactly sure what kind of content will be included on the disc, we’ll find out once Persona 4: Dancing All Night releases in Japan on June 25, 2015 for PlayStation Vita.

Read more stories about Persona 4: Dancing All Night & Persona 5 & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera.& Gematsu

Last edited:
Persona 5 Producer Shares A Few Thoughts On The Trailer And Characters. February 5, 2015 . 5:52am

Persona Team producer and director Katsura Hashino discusses the Persona 5 trailer and the characters we saw.

Earlier today, Atlus released a new trailer for Persona 5 that showcased a first look at its gameplay along with some new characters. Meanwhile, on Atlus’ official website, Persona Team producer and director Katsura Hashino has shared a message for fans. Hashino writes:

From the Persona 5 development team.

Good evening to you all. Persona Team’s Hashino here.

Today, we presented a video for the long-awaited game. So, how did you like it?

As I write this now, I’ve yet to find out how you guys reacted to it, so I’m honestly feeling a little nervous thinking about comments like “the next Persona is about a phantom thief lol” or “is that Lupin!?” and such, but I’m hoping there are some warm comments out there. Even if there was a just little part you liked from it, it would make me really happy.

For this game, we’re going with a challenge that fuses together a juvenile school setting that is as large as life, together with a picaresque romance. In the previous game, we wrote a story that involved having a justice group chase down a bad guy that could easily be feared by just about anyone.

This time, it’s about a group of high school students that are being “chased” by unexpected occurrences due to the justice they believe in. We’re writing [the story] to convey a thrilling everyday life in the shoes of these characters, that are as large as life, in this juvenile school setting.

We, the team, are working together as we advance through development so you can enjoy something with evolved graphics and sound, along with party members that are just a tad bit more ill-behaved than what you’ve been used to up until now.

We all have so many feelings that are going into this title. While this is a product by Atlus that is known for its individualistic side, some say that a strong personality can break away from common rules and models… so it can be seen as a nuisance as well.

However, the way we see a person’s character, it can spread to others for good or for bad, and it can even change the way another would think or behave… and that’s the potential power we see in it.

We may feel some sort of suffocation in this world today, but as long as the world is comprised of relationships among humans, it is a person’s character, or a group’s character, that will provide the ‘power’ to destroy that ‘feeling of entrapment’.

I’m hoping that this title will shape up into something that can embody such feelings, and something that will remain in your hearts.

In order to meet all of your expectations, even just a little, the development team staff are working hard, so I’d like to say thank you for your continued support! (I will take a peek at comments from you all on Twitter, blogs, and such!)

Katsura Hashino,
Persona 5 Director and Creative Producer.

Read more stories about Persona 5 & PlayStation 3 & PlayStation 4 on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

The game looks awesome. Way better than I expected. I would like to think it's still coming this year, but with no release date with the trailer I'm not getting my hopes up.

never played a Persona game before, but I must admit that trailer got me intrigued.

this "Phantom" protagonist looks interesting.

the game is definitely on my radar now.

It looks more shifting back in the direction of Persona 3 and Persona 2 which makes me happy with some new ideas as well.

THANKS BE

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
Persona 5 director discusses characters, themes, and development

Published 9 hours ago. 170 comments.

New characters "rougher around the edges" than their predecessors. "On the run for doing what they think is right."

Following its debut gameplay trailer at Persona Super Live, Persona 5 director and producer Katsura Hashino has taken to both the official Persona website and Weekly Famitsu to discuss more about the upcoming RPG sequel.
Get the details below.
Weekly Famitsu Interview

This is an excerpt from an interview in next week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu. Stay tuned to next week for more information about the protagonist and his persona, his friends, and the game’s systems.
It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything new. How’s development coming along?

Hashino: Things are really coming along and we’re starting to hit our quality benchmarks in terms of what goes into the game, so at this stage, we’re hard at work building the game and fleshing it out. We’re just as eager to bring this game out finally so they can enjoy what all we’ve been working on and day by day, we’re getting closer to the finish line. It’s just going to be a little while longer now before it’s here.

During our last interview, I remember you talking about how you wanted this game to depict things like the cathartic feelings that come from freeing yourself of your own chains in life and being ale to yell out to the world you’re free. Now that we know more about the game, I’d like to ask you to elucidate about the themes of the game again.

Hashino: I don’t think it’s a stretch to say in this day and age that there are a lot of people out there who feel like they aren’t moving forward, that they have no future, and carry a lot of weight on their shoulders every day. They’re stuck between a rock and a hard place, emotionally speaking; on the one hand, they might not be keen on living by the same rules and values that defined previous generations, while still lacking the will to go out and actually break those barriers down themselves. That dark side of society is a central pillar to the game we want to make with Persona 5.
In the midst of all that, though, you got these high school punks who are trying to bite back at a world that’s trying to pin them down. If our game can give people a little courage to keep going in their day to day lives, to face things head on and do something with themselves, then we’ll have done our jobs here.

But the main characters… are they thieves!?

Hashino: It’s interesting you refer to them in that way specifically because one of the things that inspired us to make this question to begin with was how, say, a classic, iconic thief in the vein of Lupin III might win the hearts and minds of people in today’s day and age if they were out running around today. There have been a lot of books and films over the years that explored the sorts of lives that thieves live and how they’re able to shake up the world with what many would perceive to be sheer brazenness, but that’s not ground that’s very well covered in games and we intend to rectify that. We want our players to be able to empathize with these characters and enjoy seeing what they get themselves into and we’re giving it everything we’ve got to make sure that comes through loud and clear in the final game.
Persona 5 Depicts How A Phantom Thief Might Influence Society. February 5, 2015 . 9:53am

Persona 5 director Katsura Hashino says one of the early questions in development was how a phantom thief might influence society.

Persona Team producer and director Katsura Hashino recently shared some thoughts on the latest trailer for Persona 5 and the game’s characters. He also talked more about the game’s theme and ideas in a brief interview with Famitsu.

Famitsu starts out by saying it’s been a while since a follow-up on Persona 5, and ask how development is going thus far.

“We’re just about getting an idea of the finishing point as far as the elements we’re putting into the game are concerned, and their quality, so right now we’re in the process of fleshing it out,” responds Hashino. “As we anticipate the release date, we’re all working hard towards our goal everyday while personally thinking ‘with this title, we’ll make everyone happy!’ so please wait just a little longer.”

Next, Famitsu asks if Hashino could share a little more about the theme of Persona 5.

“These days, I believe it isn’t uncommon for people not to know where they’re headed [in life] or to have various problems, be they big or small,” says Hashino. “Accepting the rules and values society deems acceptable isn’t a very fulfilling way to live—and yet, there are those that lack the courage to change the status quo, even as they’re held down by it.”

He continues, “This negative side of modern society is part of the backbone of this title. In the midst of all that, you have these rambunctious high school kids, who fight back against the things that might hold them down. If the game can give people the courage to face everyday life or even act as a trigger for positive change, I believe we will have accomplished our goal.”

Famitsu then asks for more details behind the heroes and the “phantom thief” appearance that they have adopted.

“What if we had a classic phantom thief like Arsène Lupin today—how would he charm people and change society? That is one of the questions that development began with,” explains Hashino.

“There are numerous novels and movies that depict the lives of phantom thieves, but in order to feel the experience of ‘personally’ creating a sensation in the world as a phantom thief, I believe that can only be done through games, and only through this game. Having the player empathize with these characters is the most important point of this title, and right now we’re focusing our efforts on that.”

source:Gematsu & Siliconera

Last edited:
  • Persona 5

Reveal Trailer Analysis

GT’s Persona experts scrutinize every detail in the new Persona 5 gameplay trailer, and speculate about what Atlus has in store for us with this extremely anticipated RPG.
    Views: 14,095 | Posted: 02/05/2015
source: GT

Looks promising. I'm ordering persona 4 golden on vita next month.

I love the style and visuals of these games, but I've never been able to really get into them.

so what exactly is a "persona?"

in the video, it looks like the guy transforms into something. was that his persona?

in the video, it looks like the guy transforms into something. was that his persona?

Personas are kind of like demons that have attached to people for whatever reason (I forget now the exact reasoning the games give) and people can transform into them, somewhat like summons from the FF series. But yeah, odds are that thing in the promo art is probably his persona

sorry I missed this, They're not really demon's at all . but the summoner thing is accurate.

A Persona is a manifestation of a person's personality in the Persona series, referred to as a "mask" for an individual to use to face hardship. A Persona is similar to a Shadow. Shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, while a Persona is a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained. If an individual takes up a resolution in their heart, the Persona will undergo a metamorphosis into a stronger form. While the summoning sequences of a Persona differs from one installment to the next, a tradition that later adaptions follow is that blue-ish fogs are always released when a Persona is invoked. A fight using Personas weighs the user's mind and spirit. Continuous uses of Persona will eventually devour the strength and stamina.
source: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_(Concept)

I'll also hook you up with some thing in a pm.

Last edited:
Ah, alright. I guess I'm getting this and the mainline series kind of mixed up then in what's what.

Personas are kind of like demons that have attached to people for whatever reason (I forget now the exact reasoning the games give) and people can transform into them, somewhat like summons from the FF series. But yeah, odds are that thing in the promo art is probably his persona

sorry I missed this, They're not really demon's at all . but the summoner thing is accurate.

source: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_(Concept)

I'll also hook you up with some thing in a pm.

ah, thanks guys! and thanks for the PM zenith.

that sounds very interesting. I'm definitely going to check out this game when it comes out.

Persona 5 protagonist’s first Persona is Arsene

Published 3 hours ago. 51 comments.

Plus, first details on the game's new dungeon philosophy.

P5-Details-Init_02-09-15.jpg

Famitsu this week has new details on Persona 5 following its gameplay trailer debut last Thursday.
The main character is a second year student who moves to the big city during spring. He lives with friends of his parents at the coffee shop they run. That said, the game takes place in urban Japan, across areas such as Shibuya.
The protagonist has a problem of some sort that, if not faced down, could spell big trouble in the future. The scene in the trailer where he appears to be a prisoner is a “mental prison,” so to speak.
The dungeon shown off in the trailer isn’t randomly generated. Such major places in the storyline are designed to play up the burglary motif and have special gimmicks. But that doesn’t mean randomly generated content is gone from the game altogether.
While a Social Link option seemed to be missing from the game’s main menu in last week’s trailer, a Social Link-like system is seemingly in the works (perhaps the “Cooperation” option?).
As far as Personas go, the protagonist’s first Persona is called Arsene (a subtle nod). The sound characters make when summoning Personas is no longer a “ka!” but rather a “buchi!”
Persona 5 is due out for PlayStation 4 and PS3 later this year.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Atlus, Famitsu, Persona 5, RPG

Persona 5 protagonist, first Persona, and more detailed in Famitsu

Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.
More details following this morning's preliminary report.

P5-Detailed-Famitsu_02-09-15.jpg

Following this morning’s preliminary details, Sokuho@Hokanko has gone up with a much more detailed summary of the Persona 5 details from this week’s Famitsu.
Details include a profile for the protagonist, information about his first Persona, and an interview with the game’s staff. The magazine itself has new screenshots, too.
Get the details below.
Staff

• Director: Katsura Hashino
  • Character Designer: Shigenori Soejima
  • Composer: Shoji Meguro
Characters

• Protagonist – A second year high school student who moves to the big city in the spring. He lives with his parents’ friends at their coffee shop on the outskirts. He and his friends share common ground in having lost a place to live before.
  • Arsene (Persona) – The protagonist’s exclusive Persona. Whether it’s connected to the well-known thief is unknown.
Sound Change
The previously mentioned sound change (“The sound characters make when summoning Personas is no longer a ‘ka!’ but rather a ‘buchi!'”) applies to cut-ins in general, not just Persona summons.
Katsura Hashino (Producer and Director) Interview Tidbits

• The first five bullets are repeats of the interview excerpt we covered last week, so they have been cut from this summary.
  • Unlike the heroes of Persona 3 and Persona 4, the protagonist of Persona 5 has a problem of some sort that, if not faced down, could spell big trouble in the future. The scene in the trailer where he appears to be a prisoner is a “mental prison,” so to speak.
  • The protagonist meets other two characters and cat creature in the trailer at the beginning of the game. The other two have their own life problems as well, and cat creature is mysterious, can transform, and is key to storyline.
  • The characters sliding around in the anime bit in the trailer was suggested by the anime director. (Production I.G is confirmed to be the studio behind Persona 5‘s anime scenes.)
  • The battle system is still turn-based, but is said to have a lot of changes to make it feel better to play and enjoy.
  • Lots of Personas are being rendered in high-definition for the first time, making it a grueling production process on that end.
  • Hashino is choosing to remain quiet about why Personas are appearing as actual enemies and where the protagonist has his fights. There are reasons behind those details, though.
  • There are indeed randomly generated elements, but major places in the storyline are designed to play up the burglary motif and have special gimmicks.
  • Each character has a distinct gun for their long distance weapon, though short range ones are present, too. They aren’t actual guns, but for reasons, they remain effective as weapons in combat.
  • Working with sympathizers around town (the original Japanese literally uses “cooperation” like in the menu) is advantageous in some way for combat.
  • Social Link-esque features will be discussed later, but will have new twists while still serving to power things up.
Shigenori Soejima (Character Designer) Interview Tidbits

• The protagonist’s seemingly docile nature is a profound ruse.
  • The logo design is meant to play up on the youth ensemble nature of the plot and its cast, conveying a sense of speed and dynamism.
  • Arsene, meanwhile, is designed to be a little more old-school, including his name, though making the whole thing come together and look stylish with that sort of constraint wasn’t without its share of challenges. Its cape / wings are meant to portray the image of a thief who lurks around places where normal people don’t belong.
Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Atlus, Famitsu, Persona 5, RPG
Persona 5 Details On The Protagonist, Setting, And Dungeons. February 9, 2015 . 2:43am

Yes, there will be some sort of Social Link-like feature in Persona 5.

Atlus recently shared a look at Persona 5’s new trailer, where we got to see more from the game, along with some new characters that will be a part of it. In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, we get more details on the story and setting. [Thanks, Hachima]

• The protagonist is a second-year high school student, who transfers to the city during the spring (around the time of the start of a new school year in Japan.) He’ll move into a coffee shop owned by acquaintances of his parents.

• The game starts out in Shibuya, but the stage is set in various parts of Tokyo.

• This is a vague hint, but for what it’s worth, the protagonist has some sort of problem that will lead to trouble down the line if he doesn’t fight it. The part of the recent trailer that showed him imprisoned was a symbol for a “prison of mind”.

• The dungeon that was shown in the trailer was not automatically-generated, and the story will have various main places that are suitable for a challenge to a phantom thief with all kinds of stages and gimmicks. However, this doesn’t mean there won’t be any auto-generated elements in game.

• There will be some sort of Social Link-like feature in Persona 5.

• The protagonist’s first exclusively usable Persona is named “Arsène”. This is likely derived from the famous phantom thief, Arsène Lupin.

• In previous titles, the Persona summoning scene had the Japanese onomatopoeia of “カッ” (kka) which is something often used to depict a flash or clicking sound. In Persona 5, it’s “ブチッ” (buchi) which is a snapping sound (either physically or mentally).

p5_charas_thumb.png

Persona 5′s Protagonists All Have Problems Of Their Own. February 9, 2015 . 8:23am

While the protagonist of Persona 5 may appear to be the quiet type from what we’ve seen of him so far, this isn’t actually the case.

An interview in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reveals that anime studio Production I.G. (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) are working on the anime cutscenes for Persona 5. (Thanks, Sokuho@Hokanko)

Speaking with Persona 5 producer and director Katsura Hashino, and character designer Shigenori Soejima, Famitsu have a few other details revealed in their report as well, starting with the game’s protagonist.

Soejima says that while the protagonist of Persona 5 may appear to be the quiet type from what we’ve seen of him so far, this is a ruse of some sort. Meanwhile, his Persona, Arsene, is meant to give off a more oldschool vibe, visually speaking. Arsene’s cape (wings?) is designed to convey the image of a thief that can go to places out of others’ reach.

Hashino reveals that the main character meets Anne and Ryuji, the other two characters in the trailer, at the start of the game. All three characters have problems of their own, although just what their problems are is not specified. It is hinted at in the Famitsu feature that both the protagonist and his friends have lost their homes.

Persona 5’s protagonist also runs into the cat character, Morgana, at the start of the game, and Morgana is said to play an important role in the story. It has the ability to transform.

As far as the battle system goes, Hashino confirms that Persona 5 will once again have turn-based battles, but that the team has incorporated several changes to make it more enjoyable. Hashino also mentions that each character carries a distinct “gun” that serves as their ranged weapon. These aren’t actual guns, though, even though they can be used in battle.

As reported earlier today, Persona 5 will still feature randomly-generated areas, but that certain areas in the game are specifically designed with the thief motif in mind. A Social Link-like feature will be present as well, although details on this front have not yet been announced. If you’re hungry for more news on the game, you can read up on director Katsura Hashino’s thoughts on it in this post.

source:Gematsu & Siliconera

Last edited:

Persona 5′s Soundtrack Comes From Some Acid Jazz Influences
. February 9, 2015 . 1:02pm

Series composer Shoji Meguro shares a little bit about his choice of music for Persona 5.

Atlus recently revealed the latest trailer for Persona 5, and one of things that stood out was the music. Following that, series composer Shoji Meguro shared a few tidbits about his choice of music genre for the upcoming game in an interview with Famitsu.

After talking a little bit about the Persona Super Live 2015 concert, Famitsu expressed their anticipation for the music of Persona 5.

“The background music in the latest trailer is actually an instrumental version of the main theme,” Meguro said. “In working on Persona 5’s soundtrack, I’ve incorporated some acid jazz-like elements to bring out the game’s mood, including in the main theme.”

“When I suggested it, [director] Hashino shook my had and said ‘as expected!’” Meguro added with a laugh. “I’ll continue working hard on the rest of it so everyone gets to enjoy it.”

Hashino previously made a comment about the similarities of Persona 5′s gameplay trailer and Lupin III. Since Lupin and jazz music go hand-in-hand, it sounds like Meguro had just the right idea for the game’s soundtrack and its phantom thief motif.

Additionally, the Famitsu report mentions that this week’s issue of the magazine will have a special feature on Persona 5, where we can expect to hear more about the characters, the keywords of “Glory” and “Catastrophe”, the Shujin High School, and more. You can expect us to have all the pertinent details as soon as they’re available.

Persona 5 is in development for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. You can read more from our earlier report where Persona Team producer and director Katsura Hashino talked about Persona 5 and the way it will depict how a phantom thief might influence society.

Photographs courtesy Famitsu.

source: Siliconera

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"