Justice League Ray Fisher Is Victor Stone/Cyborg

465d670a61655c934a7d80db6e2b6d6c.jpg

I didn't find the whole "Booyah" line to be over-the-top, it wasn't even that authentic. Had he shouted it before blasting, it might have been more authentic. I can go without it, but I don't think that means you shouldn't include it.

Google is your friend.

The most bothersome one to me is what happened with Charisma Carpenter in Angel. She tweeted about it in 2019.

Charisma Carpenter Reflects on 20 Years of 'Angel'

Honestly, I don't know what really happened here, but based on what's being reported and what Carpenter has stated herself, it does certainly feel like a woman, one of the central members of the cast, was basically punished when she got pregnant during the middle of the show.

Now it definitely seems Carpenter has some sort of legitimate grievance here, but I'm not a lawyer.

The most bothersome one to me is what happened with Charisma Carpenter in Angel. She tweeted about it in 2019.

Honestly, I don't know what really happened here, but based on what's being reported and what Carpenter has stated herself, it does certainly feel like a woman, one of the central members of the cast, was basically punished when she got pregnant during the middle of the show.

Now it definitely seems Carpenter has some sort of legitimate grievance here, but I'm not a lawyer.

Not to mention that they straight up lied to her to get her to return to for the 100th episode
She said she would only return if Cordelia wasnt killed off and they agreed to it and when she received the script and had already signed on to it...they killed her off. But she ended up liking it

Not to mention that they straight up lied to her to get her to return to for the 100th episode
She said she would only return if Cordelia wasnt killed off and they agreed to it and when she received the script and had already signed on to it...they killed her off. But she ended up liking it

Yeah a lot of that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, not going to lie.

There was also the incident James Marsters described with Whedon. Again, that's his perspective and not sure how true it is, but he shared that and at least offered more specifics than another certain actor.

FYI, I'm not here to stand in judgement of Whedon, but there are documented issues of actors having problems with him on Buffy/Angel.

I remember Marsters saying that he was surprised at the incident but at the end he didn't blame him for it. It doesn't make it better and he probably was a jerk sometimes behind the scenes but I think people blow the Whedon stuff out of proportion.

I remember Marsters saying that he was surprised at the incident but at the end he didn't blame him for it. It doesn't make it better and he probably was a jerk sometimes behind the scenes but I think people blow the Whedon stuff out of proportion.

Or maybe we shouldn’t tolerate *******s and give them a free pass regardless of whoever the **** they are...but that’s just me.

Or maybe we shouldn’t tolerate *******s and give them a free pass regardless of whoever the **** they are...but that’s just me.
And I never said you should, nor am I. A jerk is a jerk and everyone should always act with decency and professionalism. But there are different levels of bad behaviour or stepping over lines and, from what I've read so far, I don't believe his actions justifiy getting fired from his own show years after alleged incidents or to never been able to work again. At least I don't believe it yet.

Also there are some filmmakers and actors that certain portions of the audience love to hate. And Whedon is certainly one of them.

Bruh.............the passes that Whedon gets is insane!! Some kind of way it's everyone else's fault for getting upset because he's a jerk.

Yep! It's low honestly. James Marsters complained about him as well but I guess he wanted to work in Hollywood again so he kind of buried it but it doesn't make it right.

Yep! It's low honestly. James Marsters complained about him as well but I guess he wanted to work in Hollywood again so he kind of buried it but it doesn't make it right.

Carpenter clearly buried it as well. As did Kate Winslet with another prominent director.

I think Ed Harris also punched Cameron after he almost drowned because Cameron wanted the shot and didn't yell cut when he should have. I've also heard directly from people in CGI departments that he's a nightmare to work with.

Kate Winslet claimed Cameron almost drowned her during Titanic, and Ed Harris had to pull over by the side of the road and have a nervous breakdown driving home one day after filming one of those scenes in The Abyss where Cameron kept submerging him over and over again. Harris said he felt like Cameron was waterboarding him.

Yea that sounds about right. I've also never been a fan of Kubrick and hate to read about Shelly Duvall who was back in the news a couple of days ago. I really believe he mentally abused her during that shoot. Gary Oldman told a funny little story about Harvey Keitel walking off Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut because he didn't want to put up with the BS 100 take thing.

I think Ed Harris also punched Cameron after he almost drowned because Cameron wanted the shot and didn't yell cut when he should have. I've also heard directly from people in CGI departments that he's a nightmare to work with.

Kate Winslet claimed Cameron almost drowned her during Titanic, and Ed Harris had to pull over by the side of the road and have a nervous breakdown driving home one day after filming one of those scenes in The Abyss where Cameron kept submerging him over and over again. Harris said he felt like Cameron was waterboarding him.

Yea that sounds about right. I've also never been a fan of Kubrick and hate to read about Shelly Duvall who was back in the news a couple of days ago. I really believe he mentally abused her during that shoot. Gary Oldman told a funny little story about Harvey Keitel walking off Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut because he didn't want to put up with the BS 100 take thing.

Yup but those guys get always get a pass with fans. Heck I saw someone on Twitter a while back say that Kubrick’s abuse was ok cause he was a genius. I was livid, also I have to say what Kubrick did to Shelley Duvall and Scatman Crothers on the Shining was disgusting.

Allegedly Stanley wanted Slim Pickens from minute one, but Pickens wasn't available. Nicholson insisted on using his friend (from Cuckoo's Nest) Scatman Crothers. Kubrick hated him, and since the Shining took so long and they shot in sequence, Slim became available around 3/4 of the way in. Kubrick tortured Scatman to the point of tears, doing dozens of takes for practically every set up. (Allegedly into the 100's, sometimes).

Easy to say but as I saw someone put it earlier beware the bitter nerd who rises to the top.

These women were at the absolute mercy of Whedon for the sake of their careers. Just look at Eliza Dushku who corroborated Carpenter's claims; she witnessed his tyrannical behaviour but still worked with him on multiple occasions.

It's not quite so simple as to say just don't tolerate bad behaviour when someone holds that much power over the tranjectory of your career. I mean that's the point of this thread really. Look at all the crap Fisher had to deal with because he wouldn't toe that line.

While I didn't fully emotionally connect with Cyborg in the Snyder cut, I still thought he had a very strong arc and I'm stunned they cut so much of his stuff in the theatrical version considering he's the backbone of the film.

Makes me sad we may never see him portray the role again as I don't see WB getting rid of Hamada anytime soon. I totally respect Fisher's stand though.

Ive never been a big fan out Cyborgs out of TT and hated him being shoved into JL but I didnt mind him that much in this new cut. In a perfect world, if we had to have him part of these movies they would've given him his own movie that lead into JL and he'd be the one to recruit everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"