Justice League Ray Fisher - WB Investigation Updates Thread

Reaction score
A new thread to watch for updates (tweets, news articles, etc...) pertaining to the investigation at WB with regard to the abuses Ray Fisher and others allegedly experienced during the reshoots for Justice League. Here are his latest 2 tweets to kick off the status of things right meow:

Zack Snyder Planning New 'Justice League' Shoot Amid Ray Fisher Claims | Hollywood Reporter

Fisher is in talks with Warner Bros. to make a cameo in The Flash, a Justice League spinoff movie due to shoot next year. He has options negotiated for future appearances, including cameos, beyond the initial film. But in earlier drafts of the Flash script, Cyborg was a much more active player than the one in the current script. Sources say the studio exercised its option for Flash, even upping its negotiated price for what’s described as a three-scene appearance. Fisher’s side countered with a figure doubling that. Warners turned that down, and negotiations have remained stalled for weeks.

I was wondering how long it'd be before WB tried to frame it as a money thing.

Hilarious he is still willing to work with Ezra Miller.

Why is that hilarious?
Because Ezra Miller physically assaulted a woman on camera and them and their team just ignored it instead of apologizing or acknowledging it in any way? Which is vastly worse than being Geoff Johns being a ****y boss and making veiled threats (which is also unacceptable)?

I'm sure they successfully swept it into under the rug since the girl didn't come forward about it. But Ezra still did it. If Ray is really Mr. Accountability over Entertainment you'd think this would be an issue for him.

Last edited:
Ezra stuff got nothing to do with what Ray is fighting for here.

Because Ezra Miller physically assaulted a woman on camera and them and their team just ignored it instead of apologizing or acknowledging it in any way? Which is vastly worse than being Geoff Johns being a ****y boss and making veiled threats (which is also unacceptable)?

I'm sure they successfully swept it into under the rug since the girl didn't come forward about it. But Ezra still did it. If Ray is really Mr. Accountability over Entertainment you'd think this would be an issue for him.

But what does this have to do with what Fisher is fighting for?

Do you even know what Fisher is fighting for?

But what does this have to do with what Fisher is fighting for?

Do you even know what Fisher is fighting for?
I'm just saying, calling out industry abuse and then seemingly happily working with someone who assaulted a woman isn't the most morally consistent thing in the world. If you care about accountability in the entertainment industry I would hope it would extend past your own personal situation. Do you really think if there was a recording of Whedon choking a woman and he faced no consequences for it that wouldn't be a weapon in Ray's arsenal?

And, yes, I'm aware.

Ray is focusing on stuff he actually experienced and the witnesses who can corroborate. Why some of you think he needs to comment on a situation with zero allegations that he wasn’t even involved with is beyond me.

Well, he did make a comment on Whedon's past with Carpenter and his ex-wife. None of which have anything to do with his personal experience and situation or even with accountability in entertainment for the latter.

Well, he did make a comment on Whedon's past with Carpenter and his ex-wife, though. None of which have anything to do with his personal experience or even with accountability in entertainment for the latter.
Yep. The latter of which is beyond unrelated and is just weaponizing Whedon's personal life (which, I'm not defending, Kai Cole dragging Whedon publicly for being an adulterous ***hole was super funny and must have been next level cathartic for her) to help paint him as a monster. The Carpenter stuff at least had some bearing on Whedon's professional life.

I've been pretty critical of Ray but I'm not really gonna begrudge him if he was staying silent at first partially because there was a chance of him getting a serious payday for Flash. That's just human nature. Doesn't mean he's doing this out of spite for losing out on said payday.

Grace just dropped this video. REALLY good watch guys, she drops some serious tea on Geoff Johns. Hoo boy its not lookin good for this guy.

Also she makes a point at the end of her video that I very much agree with. Ray has pretty much already won. He has at this point successfully damaged Whedon and Johns’ careers. Johns in particular is looking worse and worse every week. He needs to start thinking about what his endgame is because Warner Bros right now is thinking, “okay, what exactly are you asking us to do?” And i think he needs to be clear on what his demands are out of this whole thing.

I watched it and it's a bit of a stretch at parts. He's struck a blow, sure, but her claim that Ray has successfully derailed their careers and ruined their chance for a public existence is a bit overblown. As the article pointed out today, WarnerMedia is already working with Joss Whedon on a new project for HBO Max and Johns still works on multiple shows and comic books for them.

I watched it and it's a bit of a stretch at parts. He's struck a blow, sure, but her claim that Ray has successfully derailed their careers and ruined their chance for a public existence is a bit overblown. As the article pointed out today, WarnerMedia is already working with Joss Whedon on a new project and Johns still works on multiple shows and comic books for them.

He may not have derailed their careers but he has successfully given them black eyes. This is hurting their careers for sure.

People are underestimating what a significant figure Whedon is. Barring racial slurs or calling Gal the C word or similarity extreme behaviour him just being a tool on set isn’t going to get his show cancelled or career ended. He’s a far, far bigger and more influential name than anyone else in this situation.

Whether it should effect him or not is a separate issue.

Yeah, I want to know, specifically, what these guys did on set. I'm not exactly doubting Ray but I think at this point, he needs to just come out with everything. Because just going around saying "serious **** went down" but not going to any detail (other than that one thing about Johns making threats to his career) just makes his claims seem dubious. Now, he might have signed an NDA but I would think going around alleging that your bosses engaged in some sort of abuse would violate the NDA, wouldn't it? So why not just spill the beans? Because as Grace said here, this has damaged Johns, Whedon and WB (how much is debatable).

People are underestimating what a significant figure Whedon is. Barring racial slurs or calling Gal the C word or similarity extreme behaviour him just being a tool on set isn’t going to get his show cancelled or career ended. He’s a far, far bigger and more influential name than anyone else in this situation.

Whether it should effect him or not is a separate issue.
Didn't know he'd done that.

There’s an ongoing investigation. Folks really shouldn’t expect any details until it’s over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"