Justice League Ray Fisher - WB Investigation Updates Thread

Same reason why you give any hollywood company your money. You think Disney or anyone else is that much better?
Disney has issues but man does WB just not get it! And I'm not even talking about Fisher. Firing Cavill on his birthday, having a black Clark Kent when Calvin Ellis, Martian Manhunter and Icon are right there, the Fisher issue(yeah I am now), the Snyder verse, pissing off directors like Nolan who has made them tons of money and those are the things I know off the top of my head!

Disney has issues but man does WB just not get it! And I'm not even talking about Fisher. Firing Cavill on his birthday, having a black Clark Kent when Calvin Ellis, Martian Manhunter and Icon are right there, the Fisher issue(yeah I am now), the Snyder verse, pissing off directors like Nolan who has made them tons of money and those are the things I know off the top of my head!

The bolded....come on now lol. Henry has been done with Superman for years now, he wasnt fired on his birthday. We still dont have confirmation they will use Clark (they likely will but still no real confirmation), we all know they arent going to use MM or Icon, the Snyderverse was on weak legs from the start, they didnt do anything different then what studios are doing now lol. Nolan had no big reason to be pissed.

The bolded....come on now lol. Henry has been done with Superman for years now, he wasnt fired on his birthday. We still dont have confirmation they will use Clark (they likely will but still no real confirmation), we all know they arent going to use MM or Icon, the Snyderverse was on weak legs from the start, they didnt do anything different then what studios are doing now lol. Nolan had no big reason to be pissed.
Nah he was angling for a new contract but we had hope. Now WB just messed up. As far as Nolan, a lot of directors are pissed at them for cutting out studios and going straight to HBO Max.

I have a different reading of it. I think Whedon must have accepted the JL gig knowing full well that, even if it rocked, it would still be seen as someone else's movie, just one he helped fix. I doubt he went into it expecting it would bring him anything that AOU hadn't. My guess is, WB semi-begged him to do JL bc they knew his name would bring audience confidence, and he said yes to earn clout with the studio long-term, make it his new home after Marvel. It was just supposed to be a quick gig before Batgirl, and he thought he'd either ace it relatively easily or that it would be seen as someone else's failure.

I've been reading Whedon's interviews for many years now, always thought of him as the most joyful you can be while being creative, someone who did big and lasting things with small budgets and understood his craft the way few people do. A "friend" Hollywood guy, the kind of showrunner that gets invited to his cast's weddings. It's been such a disappointment to read about the trail of damage he's been leaving over the course of his career. I think Ray's been riding this Whedon wave somewhat opportunistically, using it to air flimsy grievances over not having gotten the studio experience he wanted. But if Whedon really was this much of an ahole to Gadot and possibly others, Ray deserves all the credit for outing him when it's likely that no one else would have. I feel sorry for Whedon's kids, whom he'd mention on interviews often. What a mess of a situation, to see your dad fall from grace this irrevocably.

Personally, I always considered Joss Whedon one of the most unique voices in this genre for a long time now. As an aspiring writer myself, Whedon's style of writing has been hugely influential on me. His knack for punchy, witty dialogue and banter is something I've seen aped many times by other writers in the film/tv/comic industry. I actually have never watched Buffy (maybe like a couple of episodes) or Angel but I was a BIG fan of Firefly and Serenity and I personally consider his comic book run on X-Men one of THE best X-men stories ever made, right up there with the best of Claremont (although I kind of feel Claremont's writing does not age well at all but thats a whole different topic).

I remember the news that he was writing AND directing The Avengers, I knew he was gonna slam dunk it and sure enough her did. Thats why, initially, I thought him "adding connective tissue" to Zack's movie might actually be a great thing when they first announced he was finishing up JL. But it was like fitting a square peg into a round hole, it just wasn't a fit. I'm sure Whedon was happy do it because its the freaking Justice League and he gets to direct Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman...handed to him on a silver platter, how could he resist? But I don't think Whedon really knew what he was stepping into: he didnt realize how fiercely loyal the cast and crew were to Zack and he didn't know just HOW much the studio wanted him to redo the film in such a small amount of time. I'm sure after just a few weeks he realized he had realized he made a huge mistake.

Nah he was angling for a new contract but we had hope. Now WB just messed up.

As I said in the Henry thread, the last time we heard anything about a new contract negotiation was early 2020. So there's zero chance any of this was a surprise for Cavill. You aren't "fired" if you're essentially already out.

Nah he was angling for a new contract but we had hope. Now WB just messed up. As far as Nolan, a lot of directors are pissed at them for cutting out studios and going straight to HBO Max.

Majority of the films were also in theaters. Disney pulled SEVERAL films from being released in theaters and were exclusively online which is a lot worst than what HBO Max did. Disney has released just about as close to the same amount of films in theater/streaming as Max. They really arent that different except Disney makes you pay an arm and leg

Majority of the films were also in theaters. Disney pulled SEVERAL films from being released in theaters and were exclusively online which is a lot worst than what HBO Max did. Disney has released just about as close to the same amount of films in theater/streaming as Max. They really arent that different except Disney makes you pay an arm and leg
Interesting way of putting this. They may have released a similar amount of films for now, but WB announced their entire slate of movies for 2021, so they'll have way more entries in the future, they did so at an earlier point than any other studio, and, once again, the biggest problem was they did it without talking to any of their associates first.

Disney pulled films from theaters without talking to theater owers, who helped promoting Mulan and such for months, that pissed a lot of them even here in Japan.

Another extremely unprofessional behaviour. I'm not defending Disney by any means. I'm simply replying as to why so many of WB's associates were pissed off, similarly to Nolan. Disney seems to at least did right by them.

Not this, but everyday, as of lately, there's a new article about him nagging regarding how badly WB treated him in numerous occasions in his career. They both were right to feel wronged but act extremely immaturely about it, to the point of obsession.

Not this, but everyday, as of lately, there's a new article about him nagging regarding how badly WB treated him in numerous occasions in his career. They both were right to feel wronged but act extremely immaturely about it, to the point of obsession.

I don’t think Zack has been immature about it at all and unlike Fisher he’s been getting asked the question in interviews, he’s not just spitballing.

The way I see it he's right to feel resentment but he should also feel lucky he got to realise his vision exactly like he wanted to, a luxury the vast majority of directors don't have, when studios start meddling with their projects. He acts like a guy who had been holding back for quite some time and decided to trash his ex and say all his complaints only when he realised for sure there won't be any future between them, but at the same time refuses to accept the fact and move on.

You can’t convince me he’s not doing this for attention

At this point, yeah...its for attention.

Really sad to see that a genuinly good message is used by a guy who only is taking advantage of it and the easy to fool snyderfans.

A>E is a great idea because the industry needs to be better.
But its run by a guy as nothing but empty words...hoping that others do the hard work for him.

"I havent had the chance" oh please, as if he couldnt have found 30 minutes or so since september 4th.

Angling for a new contract with WB is just a clear sign that he currently doesn't have one.

You can’t convince me he’s not doing this for attention

I just feel sorry for his supporters. He's using them to get revenge on everyone that he feels that wronged him but nobody will ever gain anything from all of this. Some might consider a person in a position of power who then uses that power to take people down as nothing more than a bully. Isn't that how this whole thing started?

5YO5.gif

The way I see it he's right to feel resentment but he should also feel lucky he got to realise his vision exactly like he wanted to, a luxury the vast majority of directors don't have, when studios start meddling with their projects. He acts like a guy who had been holding back for quite some time and decided to trash his ex and say all his complaints only when he realised for sure there won't be any future between them, but at the same time refuses to accept the fact and move on.
It's kinda hard for Zack to move on when 90% of the questions he gets is about his vision for the DCEU.

It's kinda hard for Zack to move on when 90% of the questions he gets is about his vision for the DCEU.

Zack is a grown man who could easily make it all stop if he "really" wanted to.

I think Snyder has every right to talk about the DCEU but at some point he kind of has to move on. Or else he'll just become the bitter ex who can't let it go and is always talking about what could have been.

I mean; I feel Zack has been very diplomatic in his answers in all these recent interviews hes done. Hes thrown a little shade here and there but nothing too incendiary.

I mean; I feel Zack has been very diplomatic in his answers in all these recent interviews hes done. Hes thrown a little shade here and there but nothing too incendiary.

He’s also not closing the door and why should he? People who say he should move on are ignorant to the way Hollywood works what’s the case today may not be tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"