Ridin’ with Biden

As I said, we've learned that political threatrics don't really mean **** all. There's an old skit from a Finnish tv show from the 80's that highlighted how "being stern" with the Soviets meant nothing:

Turn the subtitles on.

Being stern doesn't work if you won't actually hurt them or if you're fighting far outside your weight class.

Being stern doesn't work if you won't actually hurt them or if you're fighting far outside your weight class.

Yeah but as has been mentioned already, if you take all their committee jobs and threaten them with a primary, they'll just switch parties. And isn't Manchin rich already? Threatening him by loosing funding is kinda worthless.

Damn this country for not electing Warren! That woman is PISSED!

I would have voted for Warren or Sanders over Biden or Clinton or any of the others in an instant.

I voted Bernie but wouldve 100% voted for her in the GE and not feel bad about it, unlike with Biden.
Seriously either him or her would have been better options. Biden has done some good, but he is too reserved on important issues and unfortunately got kneecapped by detractors in the party...

Seriously either him or her would have been better options. Biden has done some good, but he is too reserved on important issues and unfortunately got kneecapped by detractors in the party...

Biden after Obama would've been a slam dunk...now? He's dealing with too much of the fallout of the worst plague in American history AND Covid.

Biden is way too old and showing the signs of age. He likely would have been better in his prime but he’s a weak candidate in 2022.

Biden is way too old and showing the signs of age. He likely would have been better in his prime but he’s a weak candidate in 2022.
I can't imagine him really wanting to run again. Besides his ratings are too low.

Nina Turner is teasing a run in 2024... gurl use any power you have to help other Progressives I don't think this is the answer.

No other Democrat has any many friends as Biden.

Like it or not alternatives would be less effectual than he is as president.

They also do not have the benefit of incumbency going into the 2024 election.

Never confuse a politician's ability to get you jacked up on adrenaline or emotion with the ability to get stuff done.

They probably don't teach you this in school but whoever has the most friends is the most powerful, that's how the political system functions or doesn't function when you do not. Nobody else is more likely to get clowns like Manchin or Sinema to act like Democrats.

Last edited:
Good to know someone's been asleep while states try to legislate trans kids (and adults by extension) out of existence.
As a certain Captain told me, most Dem leadership are sleeping on that one. :o

If the DNC got behind Elizabeth Warren who used executive orders to decriminalize cannabis and cancel student debt for the poorest half of the country we'd be looking at a totally different scenario going into the midterms.

And inflation and DINOs in the senate wouldn't be nearly as much as an issue.

Throughout United States history, the party holding the White House loses the seats in the midterms 93% of the time. It is almost the destiny of any political party to peak by winning a presidential election and go downhill from there in the midterms. What the president does matters less than what his or her party affiliation is. Winners start stop voting (infighting + tuning out politics) and losers are more motivated to vote. It's a nearly inevitable historical pattern, made worse that the Democrats have to win the popular vote for the House by >2 points to even have a chance at retaining control due to the gerrymandering advantage Rs have.

Executive orders only apply to the executive branch so they are of limited use and cannot replace legislation either at the federal or state level.

Can President Biden Legalize Marijuana? | JD Supra

--------------------------

Above average inflation is a global problem happening in most places, just like COVID19.

This measure of German inflation just hit its highest level since 1949 | CNN Business

Heatmap - Economic Indicators By Country
[U.S.] Economic Indicators - Charts and Data | MacroTrends

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"