Ridin’ with Biden

And when, not if, Republicans get back into power they could override all of those advancements and send us back to where we are now or their idealized 1950's era. Not that dropping the filibuster is a bad idea but in the current climate it would be a see-saw of progress and regress. I think it is less likely they would be as bold if the Democrats showed more spine.

The ineptitude of the Democrats and the regressiveness of Republicans flaunting the will of the people is worse though IMO.
Yeah, in theory, getting rid of the filibuster would be great. You could make DC and PR states, fix voting rights, pass legislation for protections, expand the court, etc.

The problem is 45% of the Dems are idiots and 45% are basically Republicans. So they'd never actually do all the things that would actually save our country.

Imagine Obama removing the filibuster & nothing stopped Trump

Do you want this ?

Once its gone its gone & theres no bringing it back just because a Republican wins an Election
Did you read what I wrote?

Though I have to say, an effective Democrat party would get rid of the Electoral College. And good luck to a Republican winning the popular vote ever again.

Associated Press - Biden launches Indo-Pacific trade deal, warns over inflation

President Joe Biden said Monday that the U.S. would intervene militarily if China were to invade Taiwan, in one of the most forceful and overt statements in support of Taiwan in decades.

Biden said the burden to protect the self-ruled island was "even stronger" after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Speaking at a news conference in Tokyo, Biden said, "That's the commitment we made." He said an effort by China to use force against Taiwan would "just not be appropriate," saying it "will dislocate the entire region and be another action similar to what happened in Ukraine."

Last edited:
Is there any protections in place to stop the GOP ending it when they take back the white house?

Did you read what I wrote?

Though I have to say, an effective Democrat party would get rid of the Electoral College. And good luck to a Republican winning the popular vote ever again.
Getting rid of the electoral college would be almost impossible; at least in this environment. Any party effective enough to undertake such a task would require much more support from the populace. Yes, it's true that an "effective" democratic party might get rid of the electoral college, but I think we have to not just point fingers at the party, but, also, to the average American citizen.

Getting rid of the electoral college would be almost impossible; at least in this environment. Any party effective enough to undertake such a task would require much more support from the populace. Yes, it's true that an "effective" democratic party might get rid of the electoral college, but I think we have to not just point fingers at the party, but, also, to the average American citizen.
Majority of Americans continue to favor moving away from Electoral College

I'm quite sure that is true. What I'm saying is that actually doing away with it would be a Herculean feat. In fact, if there was enough public support to actually eliminate it, we would be in good shape with it or without it. I think there may be an alternative way of changing it, but, as of now, I believe you need a 2/3 majority in each house and ratification by 38 states. I just don't see that happening.

It won’t change because the people who benefit from it know they do. Why would red state senators give up that power? You’ll never have a Republican President again.

It won’t change because the people who benefit from it know they do. Why would red state senators give up that power? You’ll never have a Republican President again.
I had actually recently watched a report on that since once Texas turns blue (it is inevitable and only a matter of time) then Republicans would never have enough electoral votes to break the blue state wall.

It's just right now the system is hampering the progress of this country, eventually it will work for us.

Biden has done a lot of comically (and infuriatingly) tasteless and out of touch things in his tenure thus far, but kicking off Pride month with a celebration of Nancy Reagan just might take the cake :wall:

Biden can't seem to get anything right without doing something wrong in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"