• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 2: “The Star Spangled Man” (SPOILERS)

I was thinking specifically of the likes of Ben Shapiro, who would hate it because he'd accuse it of demonising the police and kowtowing to the "cultural Marxist" agenda of BLM and of being anti-American.

Lol . Love Ben Shapiro.....but he can be a bit overboard lol

Loved the episode and I like how they are portraying John Walker so far. Think its funny he calls Bucky by his nickname like he's known him for years. Bucky is probably cringing every time he hears it lol.

Also I thought it was neat that they introduced Isiah Bradley in this story. I had speculated they were gonna go down this route but still great to see it and in episode 2 no doubt.

I love the buddy cop banter between Sam and Bucky. The movies barely even scratched the surface with it but it's a lot of fun to watch those two interact. They looked like they had fun shooting the therapy scene.

Walker seemed okay but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm not completely familiar with US Agent from the comics but I don't trust the guy. I did like that Wyatt was basically channeling his dad Kurt while in character as Captain America.

The truck scene was great too. I wasn't expecting a big action scene in every episode but if that's what's going to happen then I'm not complaining. :up:
It's too good. I love watching them together in dramatic, conflict, jokey sitiuations. I think it will only improve as we get through these episodes.

Solid 2nd episode, and it's nice to see our boys together again. I found the Walker and Bradley stuff more compelling than the Flag Smasher plot. Walker comes off a bit *****ey, using his privilege to get Bucky out and flashing the siren. My guess is he will injest a vile of the super soldier serum and take a bad turn. I'm hoping we'll see Bradley in a flashback battle and they use the comic book plot of him being imprisoned for borrowing Steve's old uniform.

Solid 2nd episode, and it's nice to see our boys together again. I found the Walker and Bradley stuff more compelling than the Flag Smasher plot. Walker comes off a bit *****ey, using his privilege to get Bucky out and flashing the siren. My guess is he will injest a vile of the super soldier serum and take a bad turn. I'm hoping we'll see Bradley in a flashback battle and they use the comic book plot of him being imprisoned for borrowing Steve's old uniform.
Yep. I’ve found the John Walker stuff better than I was expecting it to be so far.

I really like the portray of Walker, we can really see how he tries to fit into the role. How he saved Battlestar with his Shield was very decent to be honest.

They really do the focus of racism here. "White Panther", the exchange with Isiah.. Like some other guys the black falcon / black kid - dialog and the angry cops made me eyes rolling and I expect more of this in upcoming episodes from that stuff. I hope they can adress is a little bit less forced and more elegant.

The therapy session was my favorit of this episode, not the funny part but the final exchange of them with Bucky doubt that Steve could be wrong about him.

Somebody needs to bring up the fact that Battlestar does not have his own shield. And my theory is that was Isiah Bradley's code name during the Korean War. After all, all of the racists in the federal government would not allow a black man to publicly be "captain america".

This was one of Dwayne McDuffie's points of contention when he had a conversation with Mark Gruenwald about Hoskins (and the choice at the time to make him, ahem, "Bucky").

Comic Legends: How Dwayne McDuffie Saved Captain America From Racism

I'm hoping that Sam brings it up, or somebody. Lemar is going to be shot at plenty, maybe even more than Walker, depending on who's doing the shooting. (I would just die if some version of that line were actually used in the story)

With Power Broker involved, hmm.. I wonder if Walker and Hoskins are going to get shot up with the serum. Maybe they finally intercept a shipment of those meds that the Flag Smasher were stealing. Uh oh. Side effects...?

More needed from Mr. Bradley. And I presume that the young man at the door is the future "Patriot". I'm just disappointed that Josiah is not seen. Maybe he's still alive. Also, Bradley's wife, who became muslim.

It became annoying when those people complained at how Monica Rambeau was treated in the WandaVision finale...

Huh? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the anti-SJW/anti-woke crowd that was complaining about Monica's treatment. If anything they were upset she was included at all.

My only question is how is Sam able to take those hits and not have some chest or joint complications. And why was Bucky having such a difficulty? Isn't he somewhat on level with Steve so he should have held his own against them.

Not just Sam, Walker and Battlestar too. They aren't super strong here like they are in the comics. At least not yet.

It's a good episode, but I am more excited about another MCU rumor involving another franchise:

Jeff Goldblum might be back as Grandmaster in Thor: Love and Thunder. That excites me. I loved his role in Thor: Ragnarok. He was spotted at an Aussie Rules football game with Taika Waititi, Chris Hemsworth and Russell Crowe.

Another solid episode, its decent stuff mostly, nothing ground breaking but doesnt need to be, just an enjoyable romp and exploring some interesting ideas/issues post blip/Endgame.

Interested to see what they do with Zemo.

I just know that this episode is going to p*ss off the so-called anti-SJW/anti-woke crowd and that alone makes me happy.

I just watched Akasan's reaction and I figured THAT scene would hit black Youtubers deep. Marvel ain't pulling punches with real world issues mixing in with these stories.

Loved the Football stadium version of "Star Sprangled Man with a Plan" and the various callbacks to the musical scores from "The Winter Soldier" and "Civil War". I like how they are handling the John Walker stuff and the Bucky-Sam interaction Is great. But my favourite part was definately the scene with Bradley and the cops being ****ty racists to Sam, it's great that Marvel is really pushing this angle of the series. Ep 3 Zemo let's go!

I love that they tried to humanize John walker. I really felt for him when he was giving himself the pep talk. And I love his suit it looks so cool, from the pictures I never thought much of it till I saw it on screen and it looked good on walker too. You know what, I don’t hate Walker, The guy actually tried to talk to Sam and Bucky. I like the character. Hopefully they don’t make him a villain, maybe an Antihero.

I Love Sam and Bucky’s banter, but I wasn’t feeling it in their first scene together, it seemed forced. I hope the writers don’t overdo it.

Man I felt so much for Isaiah, his anger was justified. Imagine being put in jail for 30 years after serving your country, and then you watch everyone celebrate someone like you while you were hidden away like a dirty secret. I would be mad too.

Yeah, the Sam-Bucky magic is back. I love the couple’s therapy scene, that scene made me lol.

“Things are really intense for you, aren’t they Walker?” considering the look Walker gave Bucky, he must have hit a nerve. Seems like Bucky could see through him, hope we get more of that.

Zemo! Can’t wait to see him next episode. I loved this episode, we didn’t get much action but a lot happened in it.

Nice action again with the 4 of them on top of the truck against the bad guys.
loved it, but I didn't like that Bucky just stood there and did nothing, he couldn't even get out from under the truck without Sam's help, :nuhu: that made no sense since we know what he's capable of. I hope they do better with him.

Last edited:
Another solid episode. A bit heavy handed at times with the race undertones (the scene with the "Black Falcon/Black Kid" exchange made me roll my eyes), but I liked what the end result was. What happened to Isaiah was beyond screwed up as well as those Baltimore cops harassing Sam.
yea they laid it on a bit thick, but overall it worked for me.

loved it, but I didn't like that Bucky just stood their and did nothing, he couldn't even get out from under the truck without Sam's help, :nuhu: that made no sense since we know what he's capable of. I hope they do better with him.
It was 3 super-soldiers on one against him and they had the jump on him so hopefully that is the reason for him being relatively ineffective in that particular scene and we will see much better in future scenes. Part of the scene was to show that the flag smashers have something about them managing to subdue all 4 of the good guys and make their escape.

I love that they tried to humanize John walker. I really felt for him when he was giving himself the pep talk. And I love his suit it looks so cool, from the pictures I never thought much of it till I saw it on screen and it looked good on walker too. You know what, I don’t hate Walker, The guy actually tried to talk to Sam and Bucky. I like the character. Hopefully they don’t make him a villain, maybe an Antihero.

I Love Sam and Bucky’s banter, but I wasn’t feeling it in their first scene together, it seemed forced. I hope the writers don’t overdo it.

Man I felt so much for Isaiah, his anger was justified. Imagine being put in jail for 30 years after serving your country, and then you watch everyone celebrate someone like you while you were hidden away like a dirty secret. I would be mad too.

Yeah, the Sam-Bucky magic is back. I love the couple’s therapy scene, that scene made me lol.

“Things are really intense for you, aren’t they Walker?” considering the look Walker gave Bucky, he must have hit a nerve. Seems like Bucky could see through him, hope we get more of that.

Zemo! Can’t wait to see him next episode. I loved this episode, we didn’t get much action but a lot happened in it.
Yeah, the face close up shots we got in advance did him no favours but he looked better in live action. So far I like the character too and I really didn't expect to be saying that.

Isaiah's past is really thought provoking and sad. I'd love to see some flashbacks here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"