Falcon and Winter Soldier Season 1, Episode 3: "Power Broker" (SPOILERS)

all signs point to john walker eventually taking the serum...but i don't think that's gonna happen until the end of the series.

i think he will be defeated and fail as cap. sam then takes up the mantle. i think we see him take the serum at the end of his story in the finale leaving him set up as a future antagonist to sam/bucky.

Does anyone know what Zemo says at the end?

I watched the Watchmen series last week for the first time, which dives deep into race issues and politics, so this show does feel pretty fluffy and typical MCU fare right now.

In general I think people blow the whole “political thriller” aspect of the Cap movies out of proportion. They mostly just have the aesthetics of a political thriller, while still having pretty simple action movie plots at their core.

That being said, the show is cool, if not serviceable. I hope they really do something interesting with Winter Soldier and Falcon soon though. Nothing had reached the level of the WS or CW movies in terms of story or memorable action. Potential is there though.

I know the first Cap movie tried to distance Hydra from the Nazis, but they still started out as a Nazi faction. Regardless of that though, I was referring to comics Cap there. And the Russos actually said that the Helicarrier stuff and Zola’s algorithm was inspired by drone strikes, even though in the movie it happened because of Hydra’s infiltration.

Project Insight didn't just happen because of Hydra though. It was approved by Nick Fury, the US Government and the World Security Council. They were all onboard with it until they found about the Hydra infiltration.

So, in other words, Fury and the rest of the so-called "good guys" were chill with the idea of extrajudicially killing people all around the world based on nothing more than a computer's prediction of their future behaviour. It was only when they realised that this tech was going to be used by Hydra to take over the world that they suddenly opposed it.

wait...is zemo going to kill isaiah? that would be crazy.

As much as Zemo disapproves of superhumans, I can't *really* see him doing this. Isaiah isn't an icon, he's a bitter old man living in obscurity after being screwed over by larger forces. The guy has done nothing to harm Zemo, doesn't serve as an ideological enemy, and killing him would serve no real pragmatic purpose ( any experimental use for his blood was already done decades ago, for instance ). If anything, I think Zemo would feel sorry for the guy.

As much as Zemo disapproves of superhumans, I can't *really* see him doing this. Isaiah isn't an icon, he's a bitter old man living in obscurity after being screwed over by larger forces. The guy has done nothing to harm Zemo, doesn't serve as an ideological enemy, and killing him would serve no real pragmatic purpose ( any experimental use for his blood was already done decades ago, for instance ). If anything, I think Zemo would feel sorry for the guy.

I think he would absolutely kill Isaiah. It's not that Isaiah is an icon, it's that he potentially could be. And he's a super soldier.

I think Zemo wants to wipe them all out.

Now please explain to me how Sharon was in hiding for years even after the blip? All she did was help Cap by getting him his shield and Sam's wings. That was it.

Hell, after Infinity War, the government looked the other way and allowed the remaining Avengers do their thing so of course after Endgame, they were scot free. Why didn't Cap or Sam remember to ask for leniency toward Sharon? Does the CIA have such high standards that they really are Biblical when it comes to punishing agents who go against orders?

That is a fair question. Its why I consider "Sharon is actually still working for the CIA" as a valid theory. After all, if her cover is "burned fugitive". . .

As for explanations that don't make people look terrible, one possibility is that, by the time that Infinity War happened, Sharon was already deep underground and vanished on her own. She couldn't get an 'Avengers pardon' because she wasn't an Avenger, and indeed nobody currently working for the Avengers knew where she was ( because those who could find her were busy keeping the world from falling apart ).

............. aaaaaaaand it continues, except now it's a conspiracy theory about me believing in conspiracy theories. Great! Thanks for the share! Don't forget that link to the political forum.

Well, there's an easy way to end this:

Do you believe the baseless conspiracy theory that China deliberately released Covid-19? Yes or no?

Suspect. i.e. shady, like maybe being The Power Broker or associated with him.

I think they clearly want the audience to think she's suspicious, but I am not at all certain if its real or fakeout, or in which way. I mean, she's an ex-spy, she kind of should be shady even if she's just doing her laundry.

I think he would absolutely kill Isaiah. It's not that Isaiah is an icon, it's that he potentially could be. And he's a super soldier.

I think Zemo wants to wipe them all out.

And I fundamentally disagree with this view of Zemo. It suggests a level of fanaticism that Zemo simply doesn't show. If he were that fanatical about his viewpoints, he'd have shown a lot less sympathy towards T'Challa, for one.

And I fundamentally disagree with this view of Zemo. It suggests a level of fanaticism that Zemo simply doesn't show. If he were that fanatical about his viewpoints, he'd have shown a lot less sympathy towards T'Challa, for one.

He apologized to Bucky for using him and is sympathetic towards him, but based on the trailers, he still wants Bucky gone. Same with Sam. Any one of them has the potential to become an icon, something he's actively working against.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

If you want to discuss politics....go to the political section.

If you want to make snide petty comments about the posters you disagree with....DON'T.

If you want to get put on a long probation continue to do what I just told you not to.

Really enjoying the show so far! I hope Zemo gets gradually less "vanilla" and morphs into the Baron Zemo we know from the comics.

I prefer this format Disney Plus does with serialized episodes, gives you something to discuss like actual tv from week to week.

I prefer it too, but understand the people who think this feels a bit truncated, as the structure seems to be more similar to a movie also compared to Wandavision.

There isn't a general spoilers thread so I guess this goes here. I have been feeling so far that something has been missing from the Flag-Smasher subplot. Although I don't exactly agree on every detail from this video I do think it is rather plausible that the fictional pandemic we'd heard was originally going to be part of the show would drive the Flag-Smasher subplot, given all the stuff about vaccines and the importance of the death of Mama Donya.

Let's hope by the end of the season their story still seems relatively complete and relevant.

Last edited:
I thought the scientist was going to be Mr. Blue from the Incredible Hulk film just before he was revealed. Looking forward to the next episode tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"