• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 4: The Whole World is Watching (SPOILERS)

Steve had serious medical conditions that limited his growth. I imagine that's the difference: the other recipients of the SSS already had their full bodily growth, so there was nothing to fix.

If you want to draw an addition distinction, Steve got the vita-ray treatment, while no one else seems to have done so. It could be that a complete bodily expansion requires being microwaved while you are dosed.

Also, in Cap TFA I seem to remember them using a number of SSS vials on Steve - whereas the other recipients only got a single vial, maybe the dosage + the rays account for Steve's physical transformation- occams Razor suggests it's more likely a writer's oversight, although in CW I think the death squad dies who were injected with SSS got more muscular, will have to go back and check.

Also, to put it simply, Sam may just be *better* at the non-powered hero schtick than Hoskins. Not all "highly skilled normal humans" are created equal.

Being better wouldn't really apply if Sam was punched through a wall by a superhuman though. But I don't recall that happening.

Steve had serious medical conditions that limited his growth. I imagine that's the difference: the other recipients of the SSS already had their full bodily growth, so there was nothing to fix.

If you want to draw an addition distinction, Steve got the vita-ray treatment, while no one else seems to have done so. It could be that a complete bodily expansion requires being microwaved while you are dosed.

The difference was explained by whathisname, the scientist who made it that Zemo killed. His version of the serum doesn't add all the muscles. It's more "subtle and optimized", as he put it.

Yeah, I think Bettany's real face as any character other than Vision would would break the fourth wall, but they could go directly to the disfigured and masked version of Doom. I feel that origin stories work best as little hints here and there in a tale already in progress -- eg, if Doom were simply to say "You did this to me, Richards" somewhere along the way.

An actor who can be as expressive under heavy makeup and prosthetics as Bettany is someone to keep on the payroll.

He's still on the payroll as Vision.

An actor who can be as expressive under heavy makeup and prosthetics as Bettany is someone to keep on the payroll.

Not familiar with Bettany in a role in which he wore "heavy make-up and prosthetics" - as the Vision he wore relatively light make-up [a bald cap and cowl] and on WandaVision they have dropped the cowl and it is now just the bald cap and face paint - nothing challenging about that as far as acting goes

Not familiar with Bettany in a role in which he wore "heavy make-up and prosthetics" - as the Vision he wore relatively light make-up [a bald cap and cowl] and on WandaVision they have dropped the cowl and it is now just the bald cap and face paint - nothing challenging about that as far as acting goes

3.5 hours to become ready for the camera, thick makeup to de-humanize his face and cover up fine features such as laugh lines, prosthetics on his head and chest, restricted hearing, and the need for a cooling apparatus in his costume to counter heat exhaustion. On screen, it looks seamless and like no big deal, but only because the makeup artists and the actor did a really good job. And all the while, there was the psychological challenge to contend with:
Bettany really wanted Vision to come from a place of zen, he says, "because to be in the suit and the makeup and the prosthetics, you really needed to be in a meditative state to not rip it off your face."

USA Today

He's still on the payroll as Vision.
If there’s a bit of time between now and the next Vision project, Marvel could cast him in an additional role. Important characters played by the same actor in a series (or a set of related series) can be distinct from each other, such as Jeffrey Combs’ performances as Brunt and Weyoun and Shran on Star Trek.

I dont know, it could be a set photo of upcoming episodes, maybe the near end of episode 6:

Besides a broken arm Walker is in his uniform and dont seems to deal with a lot trouble.
Might also be a flashback.

If there’s a bit of time between now and the next Vision project, Marvel could cast him in an additional role. Important characters played by the same actor in a series (or a set of related series) can be distinct from each other, such as Jeffrey Combs’ performances as Brunt and Weyoun and Shran on Star Trek.

He's already played two characters in the MCU: JARVIS and Vision.

This episode should have being called Erskine's words.

"Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man." "To the little guys."

This episode should have being called Erskine's words.

"Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing. That you will stay who you are. Not a perfect soldier, but a good man." "To the little guys."

That would be a really long winded title. It wasn't about Steve Rogers anyway so the title wouldn't apply to Walker who may not have been a good man to begin with. I think the title as given was appropriate.

Yeah, they’ve done a good job of setting up the background to show us that he wasn’t an innately bad guy and initially wanted to be the best Cap he could be.
In one way I feel sorry for him. Because I think most of us we would try do same Walker did. Try live up to the shield, live up to a pressure of being Cap. We would eventually all breakdown. After taking constant beating, taking losses and being disrespected. There is only one Steve Rodgers. There will never be another one. And no one could really replace him and live up to his legacy. We all did many things under pressure, we all cracked here or there. How many times you would take high road etc. I can only imagine with serum amplifiying all that we would eventually do something similar to what Walker did at the end. Even though most of us wouldnt admit it.

They did great job with his character.

Also, in Cap TFA I seem to remember them using a number of SSS vials on Steve - whereas the other recipients only got a single vial, maybe the dosage + the rays account for Steve's physical transformation- occams Razor suggests it's more likely a writer's oversight, although in CW I think the death squad dies who were injected with SSS got more muscular, will have to go back and check.

Don't forget that everyone whose received "the Super Soldier Serum" has actually received something different. The Red Skull's version was "incomplete", with Erskine finishing it some time later for Steve. Bucky got Zola's effort to recreate it, while Bradley presumably got the "open" recreation effort from the US government. The five new winter soldiers from CW got stuff worked on by people connected with Howard Stark ( if not Howard himself ). Blonsky received an old prototype pulled out of storage, probably connected to government efforts to recreate their success with Isaiah Bradley. And Dr Nagel created his own stuff using old blood samples.

Between the different people and the decades of time, is it any shock that the results vary?

Why on earth did Hydra shoot Erskine since he was the only one who could successfully create the serum? They and everyone else have spent the last century paying for that mistake and trying to recreate it.

Would be cool if there's a show where someone goes back in time to try to save him or gets ones he created from a different timeline. If time travel followed Back to the Future rules and someone did save him and alter history then imagine if an Avenger had to also go back and correct that and had to be the one to shoot him now instead.

Why on earth did Hydra shoot Erskine since he was the only one who could successfully create the serum? They and everyone else have spent the last century paying for that mistake and trying to recreate it.

Would be cool if there's a show where someone goes back in time to try to save him or gets ones he created from a different timeline. If time travel followed Back to the Future rules and someone did save him and alter history then imagine if an Avenger had to also go back and correct that and had to be the one to shoot him now instead.
Heinz took a sample of the serum, the plan was to shoot Erskine so the US couldn't recreate it, he'd bring it to Hydra and Hydra would use it to create an army of Super Soldiers. Hydra didn't count on Captain America stopping Heinz though, so that threw a wrench in their plans.

Heinz took a sample of the serum, the plan was to shoot Erskine so the US couldn't recreate it, he'd bring it to Hydra and Hydra would use it to create an army of Super Soldiers. Hydra didn't count on Captain America stopping Heinz though, so that threw a wrench in their plans.

What happened to that sample?

Just watched it and damn, if they decided to give the Dora a series after whatever happens in BP 2 I wouldn't be against it. That is the first time we really see them fight. They didn't really have a scene in BP that focused on their skills like that and IWs focused on main heroes plus it was aliens.

Isn't Loki time traveling? but I doubt he would go to that point.

The moment Lemar I said "Dead man walking" It only made sense.

Don't forget that everyone whose received "the Super Soldier Serum" has actually received something different. The Red Skull's version was "incomplete", with Erskine finishing it some time later for Steve. Bucky got Zola's effort to recreate it, while Bradley presumably got the "open" recreation effort from the US government. The five new winter soldiers from CW got stuff worked on by people connected with Howard Stark ( if not Howard himself ). Blonsky received an old prototype pulled out of storage, probably connected to government efforts to recreate their success with Isaiah Bradley. And Dr Nagel created his own stuff using old blood samples.

Between the different people and the decades of time, is it any shock that the results vary?

We've yet to see what Russia did with The Red Guardian in Black Widow. So he probably has physical enhancements added to his development.

Changing priorities and leadership. At the time Red Skull was running Hydra, was a Supersoldier himself, and probably didn't want competition who could potentially stop him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"