Season 2, Episode 15: "Waiting for Superman" (SEASON FINALE - SPOILERS)

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
SandL-Season2-Banner2.jpg

Official Description:
SEASON FINALE — Chrissy Beppo (Sofia Hasmik), with the authorization of the Department of Defense, has a message for the people of Smallville, not only is the merging of planets real, it is happening. Tyler Hoechlin, Elizabeth Tulloch, Jordan Elsass, Alex Garfin, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Erik Valdez, Inde Navarrette, Wole Parks, Taylor Buck and Dylan Walsh also star. The episode was directed by Gregory Smith and written by Brent Fletcher & Todd Helbing (#215). Original airdate 6/28/2022.

For anyone that isn't already aware, this episode will finally address the show's connection with the larger Arrowverse.

I was rewatching John Diggle's scene with Sam Lane the other day and just noticed something different.

During their conversation, John mentions that Oliver would have said the same thing about Superman being the "best". He immediately follows that line by saying that "they all would have". Notice that his line refers them (e.g., other superheroes) in past tense as well.

We all assumed that this show takes place in present day setting. However, what if the show is actually set in the distant future where some of the remaining heroes either went missing or died from an unknown event? This could certainly explain why no one ever brings them up as an alternative for global threats.

The thing that I’m looking for is how integrated Superman is to the season finale.

For anyone that isn't already aware, this episode will finally address the show's connection with the larger Arrowverse.

I was rewatching John Diggle's scene with Sam Lane the other day and just noticed something different.

During their conversation, John mentions that Oliver would have said the same thing about Superman being the "best". He immediately follows that line by saying that "they all would have". Notice that his line refers them (e.g., other superheroes) in past tense as well.

We all assumed that this show takes place in present day setting. However, what if the show is actually set in the distant future where some of the remaining heroes either went missing or died from an unknown event? This could certainly explain why no one ever brings them up as an alternative for global threats.

It’s possible. I’ve seen others on here also speculate that the show takes place in the future of the Arrowverse and it would explain how at the end of Crisis the boys were apparently baby’s when Lois mentioned them and then in S&L they are teenagers. So I could see that happening and the show can have its cake and eat it with it still being set in the Arrowverse but set far enough In the future frees it up to do it’s own thing. Actually now that I think about I really that idea and hope it’s true now lol.

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if Superman and Lois is set in the future from the present-day Arrowverse of Arrow/ Flash/ Supergirl/ Legends of Tomorrow/ Batwoman/ Black Lightning.

How can Superman and Lois be set in the future unless Diggle is traveling across time? As I mentioned in another thread, if Diggle showed up earlier in the season of S&L and was still trying to find a way to open the Green Lantern box but that concluded in the Flash episode 18, that means that Superman and Lois is happening at the same time as the Flash - ie present day. So if it were revealed that Superman and Lois takes place some time in the future then that wouldn't line up at all.

Here's my theory, based on nothing...

Bizarro Superman isn't dead, just really messed up. He shows up and temporarily merges with Clark giving him the necessary boost to defeat Ally.

I mean, they "killed him off" ages ago, but we all know how death works in superhero shows - and honestly he's been the best thing about this entire season.

John and forget daughter's name, but she's been the MVP recently ( Jordan mate, what happened ? You were doing so well) will probably come up with the plan as Superman has become super stupid over the past 2 episodes.

Of course Tal Rho is still out there, maybe he'll show up and help put, as he and Kal seen to have reconciled. Say, isn't one of the versions of Harrison still out there too ?

Other predictions:

Lana Lang gets offended and complains about things for no reason and her daughter continues to be angsty and angry also for no real reason.

Sam Lane will open his mouth and say words and come across as just as much of a clueless ******* as he's been all season.

Maybe Jonathan will catch a ****ing break for a change, if the writers really want to shock us.

I have really enjoyed ep 1-13 , but ep 14 was such a clunker, let's hope it was just a glitch in the Matrix.

That was a great climax of the season finale.

Of course the show is not in the Arrowverse. Glad it wasn’t.

Then they shouldn't have used Diggle and keep him as part of Argus.

But now I want a new Supergirl who can be on the show full time.

Meh, it wasn't a horrible finale but i was expecting more? Everything wrapped up in a bow. Everyone's happy. I was hoping at least Jonathan would've gotten permanently merged. Ali is locked up just like Tal was last season.

I fight was great but between that and the big reveal...ok.

Not sure why we need both Diggles running around on both shows, he got a pretty completed story over on Arrow.

The constant "only heroes on this earth" thing each show does kills me. Sure it ups the stakes but i want metas, i want WW, even Aquaman would be good with Clark creating a fortress in the middle of no where ocean.

I can see a new Supergirl being the daughter of Superman and Lois.

I haven't been a big fan of the last couple of episodes or the second half of this season at all tbh, but that was a pretty satisfying finale, especially seeing Supes get his BIG save the world moment.

The overall villain/ threat of this season was pretty weak though IMO and makes me wish even more that they weren't so quick to get rid of Bizzaro Superman, but it is what it is I guess.

I'm still looking forward to Season 3 and I liked the tease of the new Fortress of Solitude at the end. If it's really going to be something the whole Clark family can be a part of that could really interesting and fun.

So Superman is the only hero on the planet? Officially not part of the Arrowverse.

I guess it depends on what you consider to be the Arrowverse. Technically speaking, this show is a part of the multiverse that exists within the Arrowverse.

According to a recent interview, Todd (Producer) confirmed that this Earth did have a version of Oliver Queen and other heroes as well. However, none of them had superpowers.

I'm more disappointed that we're not getting Brainiac or Lex next season. It's irritating that this show refuses to use Superman's biggest villains.

"It's Dad. It's Clark. It's Superman"

Pretty good finale but I too, expected a little more. Seeing Superman level up was sweet and I loved the happy ending and everything being nicely tied up with a bow, but yeah, still solid.

Definitely not surprised about Superman being the only hero on this "earth" and glad to have it confirmed this show is its own separate thing.

I can't see Bruno Mannheim being the only villain next season, so I'm curious to see who else they bring into the mix. Mannheim will probably just be what John Henry is dealing with or even the 3A baddie.

Pretty pleased with the season as a whole. Probably only an episode or two I didn't care for too much. As far as whether or not I liked it better than season one? It's probably pretty close

I guess it depends on what you consider to be the Arrowverse. Technically speaking, this show is a part of the multiverse that exists within the Arrowverse.

According to a recent interview, Todd (Producer) confirmed that this Earth did have a version of Oliver Queen and other heroes as well. However, none of them had superpowers.

I'm more disappointed that we're not getting Brainiac or Lex next season. It's irritating that this show refuses to use Superman's biggest villains.

Yes it is part of the Arrowverse multiverse but we spent 8 years building up Earth Prime and now we are already down to just Flash. Its a pretty big thing to disconnect itself from that world.

Yes it is part of the Arrowverse multiverse but we spent 8 years building up Earth Prime and now we are already down to just Flash. Its a pretty big thing to disconnect itself from that world.

It seems that the decision to disconnect this show from Earth Prime was made after it premiered. I remember the Flash being mentioned in the leaked pilot script, along with Kara being shown in a family portrait (via Deleted Scene).

On one hand, it does suck that this show isn't affiliated with the main Arroverse shows. However, it does open up a lot of possibilities as well. They could reintroduce established characters without having to worry about screwing up the continuity.

So what Earth would Superman & Lois be on? A new Earth-38? Or an Earth-S?

I just hope that Intergang isn't the "cool villain" that Blitsie was teasing about for Season 3.

I just hope that Intergang isn't the "cool villain" that Blitsie was teasing about for Season 3.
Since Bruno Manheim and Intergang are pawns of Darkseid, I’d say there are possibilities.

I guess one isn’t returning next season

I really didn’t get how Superman figured that flying really fast and punching the planet would fix everything. I mean, it’s an homage to Christopher Reeve’s Superman, and I can accept it if that’s how things work in that universe, but Superman had no reason to think it would do anything other than cause an earthquake.

Oh, well, a totally depowered Superman survived in space, somehow, and had a conversation out there with Tal (lip reading, I guess, even when they weren’t looking at each other).

I’ll play along with the laws of physics and technobabble depicted in any show I’m watching, but when characters do weird and surprising things that are crucial to the plot, the characters need to have had some reason for thinking that their actions would work.

Please, no camera filters or post-production colour adjustment next season.

Since Bruno Manheim and Intergang are pawns of Darkseid, I’d say there are possibilities.

Yeah, but there's no way that the show could make Darkseid work with their budget. Smallville's final season made that evidently clear.

I was really hoping for a Brainiac tease. Seriously, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that there's so much untapped potential in giving us a live action meeting between these two characters. The Producer's need to put his own stamp on everything is going to become a double edge sword for this show at this rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"