Season 7, Episode 1 "Dragonstone" Discussion Thread

That time he ate the leg of a person was probably worse, though.

Thomas Turgoose thankfully got a lot of love.

I was indifferent to Ed's cameo, I mean he didn't do anything necessarily wrong. I guess the issue is that previous cameos from musicians were slightly more subtle and probably quite didn't carry the level of recognition that Ed does?

Had they had Ed get up and drift into the background after playing his little ditty then it probably would have worked better. Sticking him there beside Maisie, with the camera lingering, while the other Lannister men actually carry the scene, just seemed incredibly awkward.

I didnt mind it at all, I actually thought it was kinda fun...The scene was a little awkward but nothing too bad.

it's probably better you caught up now... like the books... the wait between seasons is a dark time for us. I once watched Iceman eat the entire leg of a chair.

Yea It's gonna be a fun two seasons! Im all in.

I watched the first few episodes a few years back but I was in the military at the time so I couldn't keep up... Im unemployed now so I went back and fell in love with the show all over again...Sad I waited this long to get caught up now there's only two seasons left :(
Yeah can't believe it will be all over soon. :csad:

Good to finally catch up though. I think I caught up when the 3rd season was on and hadn't seen it before that. It's one of the only shows I'm up to date on and watch live.
it's probably better you caught up now... like the books... the wait between seasons is a dark time for us. I once watched Iceman eat the entire leg of a chair.
I'm down to just 1 leg and the seat now so the wait between 7 and 8 better not be too long.

Yeah can't believe it will be all over soon. :csad:

Good to finally catch up though. I think I caught up when the 3rd season was on and hadn't seen it before that. It's one of the only shows I'm up to date on and watch live.
I'm down to just 1 leg and the seat now so the wait between 7 and 8 better not be too long.

it took me two weeks to fall in love with the characters, I can't imagine how attached I'd get to them if I had been watching the last 6-7 years.

Loved the opening and the Sam montage. I'm excited about this season but from what I've read it's only 7 episodes and the final season will only be six.

Loved the opening and the Sam montage. I'm excited about this season but from what I've read it's only 7 episodes and the final season will only be six.

BINGO. The last 3 episodes will be longer than a usual episode, so that helps a bit. Hopefully the last 6 are out by next summer. Could be the Fall or even spring 2019.

Yeah, shame that we are already a big way through this season. Least it's been very good for the most part.

Yeah, shame that we are already a big way through this season. Least it's been very good for the most part.

I agree. So weird with only 7 episodes. Feels like torture even if it's still a damn good season.

I agree. So weird with only 7 episodes. Feels like torture even if it's still a damn good season.

It won't be long till we're playing that horrendous waiting game again. And that will be for the last time too. :csad:

Are the spinoffs likely to be ready not much longer than the end of the last main season? Would be great if it was almost continuous.

I'd expect maybe a 2-3 year wait for the spinoffs after the final season airs. I'm sure it will be sooner rather than later as HBO won't want to leave their cash cow in the barn for long.

Oh right. 3 years is a bloody long time though haha.

HBO has definitely said no spinoffs until GoT is over, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out the year after. They need to keep the momentum going, and it's not like they have any other shows like it (other than Westworld, which seems to have an unconventional release schedule, and is still nowhere near GoT in audience numbers).

Ah. Sorry, been a while since I had watched The Red Wedding episode. Some of the details are a bit fuzzy. So he's related to the Starks by marriage. But still closely enough to surrender the castle to Jaime Lannister.

Did Jaime let him go after that? Or was he just locked up again? Because whether a Tully or a Stark, he is still heir to the castle and lands of Walder Frey (at least I would think so).
Yes, what happened to Edmure Tully?? I thought he was still in the Frey's dungeon? So didn't Arya free him?

HBO has definitely said no spinoffs until GoT is over, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out the year after. They need to keep the momentum going, and it's not like they have any other shows like it (other than Westworld, which seems to have an unconventional release schedule, and is still nowhere near GoT in audience numbers).

That sounds realistic to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"