Season 7, Episode 1 "Dragonstone" Discussion Thread

im sure the first 3-4 episodes not leaking this time helped :funny:

Sheeran is apparently a pop star and people complained that his presence took them completely out of the scene.

We have seen plenty musicians in the show. Wilko Johnson of Doctor Feelgood plays (Ser Ilyn Payne).

Snow Patrol frontman Gary Lightbody popped up as a singing Brothers Without Banners man.

Coldplay drummer Will Champion was at the Red Wedding.

Jacob Anderson who plays Grey Worm has a prominent career as a singer under the name Raleigh Ritchie.

Jerome Flyyn was part of Simon Cowell covers duo Robson and Jerome.

Sigur ros, Mastodon and Of monsters and men have all appeared in the show as well.

Sheeran's role wasn't that intrusive. He sang a little and had about two lines.

When are Bieber and Cyrus due?

And those numbers are huge.

tyrion is due for a good brothel scene... both of those chicks could cameo.

I can't even imagine how big the numbers will be for the series finale.

tyrion is due for a good brothel scene... both of those chicks could cameo.

Which reminds me, most people want to see Gendry or Nymeria again before the show ends, but all I want is to hear the rest of Tyrion's story where he went into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass.

From what I understand, the Ed Sheeren cameo was a present to Maisie Williams (as she is a big fan of his). They wanted to surprise her with that.

We have seen plenty musicians in the show. Wilko Johnson of Doctor Feelgood plays (Ser Ilyn Payne).

Played. We haven't seen him since Season 2 as Wilko had terminal pancreatic cancer. Payne disappeared from Arya's hit list some time ago too, so I think that character may be permanently out of the show.

Edit: Apparently they successfully removed his cancerous tumor in 2014 (with parts of other organs), he miraculously survived, and he hopes to return to GoT so maybe we'll see him again-- just before Arya slays him!

Last edited:
Yeah that was a shame. Poor guy.

kh97x6.gif

Ed Sheeran Temporarily Deleted His Twitter Account After ‘Game of Thrones’ Appearance

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/ed-sheeran-twitter-deleted-game-of-thrones-season-7-1202498762/
Thomas Turgoose thankfully got a lot of love.

I was indifferent to Ed's cameo, I mean he didn't do anything necessarily wrong. I guess the issue is that previous cameos from musicians were slightly more subtle and probably quite didn't carry the level of recognition that Ed does?

Had they had Ed get up and drift into the background after playing his little ditty then it probably would have worked better. Sticking him there beside Maisie, with the camera lingering, while the other Lannister men actually carry the scene, just seemed incredibly awkward.

Is it just me or does the Lannister soldier with a new baby look like he could be a young Benjen?

Im loving the dynamic between Brienne and that redbearded wildling...it makes for some funny/cute moments between two big, badass characters.

a badass character you can't even remember the name of? CURSE YOU! TORMUND IS A SAINT!

A SAINT!

The mighty Tormund has been disrespected! :cmad:

do you see those ****ing pancakes? glorious. perfectly shaped... and that blue suit.

how dare you, sir. "that red headed guy"..

I've killed for less.

Haha Tormund! that was his name...must've slipped my mind. I stopped typing and kept trying to remember but couldnt! haha bare with me though I just recently binged all 6 seasons in two weeks!

Haha Tormund! that was his name...must've slipped my mind. I stopped typing and kept trying to remember but couldnt! haha bare with me though I just recently binged all 6 seasons in two weeks!

Nice. Is that watching for the first time or rewatching?

And we don't forgive you on Tormund. :yay:

Nice. Is that watching for the first time or rewatching?

And we don't forgive you on Tormund. :yay:

I watched the first few episodes a few years back but I was in the military at the time so I couldn't keep up... Im unemployed now so I went back and fell in love with the show all over again...Sad I waited this long to get caught up now there's only two seasons left :(

it's probably better you caught up now... like the books... the wait between seasons is a dark time for us. I once watched Iceman eat the entire leg of a chair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"