Days of Future Past Sebastian, Shinobi & Jacob?

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
Something bugs me about X-Men first class - mostly about the use of Sebastian Shaw.

Well in the recent comics, if you were to imagine the 60's for the x-men then yes logically Azazel's appearance would make sense, He is Nightcrawlers dad.

But the strange thing is in recent comics they recently explored Xaviers past and how Sinister manipulated it. But when you look at this, such characters like Jacob Shaw was around as head of the hellfire club.

So because this movie explores the x-mens past wouldnt it make more sense to have Jacob Shaw in this movie and have a younger Sebastian running around?

No, because that was the comics and this is the movies, what goes on in the comics doesn't have to be the same as in the movies.

Well at least Sinister is dead in the comics, well at least for now. I know it's off topic but I just never liked the character.

It would make more sense to have Jacob Shaw, seeing as Sebastian was never older then Xavier. They could've had Shaw as a young man here with Bacon playing Jacob. However it is what it is

The movie does not have the same time line as the comics, so there is no problem with Sebastian being the leader of the Hellfire club in the 60s.

Something bugs me about X-Men first class - mostly about the use of Sebastian Shaw.

Well in the recent comics, if you were to imagine the 60's for the x-men then yes logically Azazel's appearance would make sense, He is Nightcrawlers dad.

But the strange thing is in recent comics they recently explored Xaviers past and how Sinister manipulated it. But when you look at this, such characters like Jacob Shaw was around as head of the hellfire club.

So because this movie explores the x-mens past wouldnt it make more sense to have Jacob Shaw in this movie and have a younger Sebastian running around?

It would fit with the comics more to have Jacob Shaw, especially as Kevin Bacon looks nothing like Sebastian Shaw at all.

However, it is what it is, and there are still plenty of Hellfire members left for use in the future, including his son Shinobi, as well as Selene, Leland, etc.

Yeah i kinda wished we saw at least another real Hellfire member, like Leland or Pierce.

well i heard there are more but its all cameos i think Leland is in the movie

I would of liked to of seen Leland or Pierce as well especially Donald Pierce. Would of been cool seeing him as a retro 60s cyborg sort of like Dr No seeing as they are inspired by Bond movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"