Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Box-Office Numbers

how does that compare to last Friday?
Last Friday was 29.5 but that includes 8 in Thursday night previews. So a little under half of last weeks true Friday number, down about 2/3rds including previews.

The Numbers is reporting 9.7M on Friday or down 67%. Of course last Friday's numbers included Thursday night receipts. Still, it's down from last Friday a little over 50%. We'll see if that changes.

EDIT: Beat me to it. LOL

Coming off a holiday weekend I would say yes. Like Gitesh said, overall it’s looking at around a 55% drop, which is IMO a great hold.

Yeah. Pretty good, but just a shade lower than the low side of my prediction. Sunday should show a slightly larger drop as Monday isn't a holiday. We'll see how Saturday pans out.

Yeah. Pretty good, but just a shade lower than the low side of my prediction. Sunday should show a slightly larger drop as Monday isn't a holiday. We'll see how Saturday pans out.
Yup. My heart is hoping for 15-16, my head is saying 12-13.

Great jump indeed. +148% roughly. We should see a higher number than 34 for the weekend unless the Saturday bump is soft.

That's easy: because too many people really don't want to admit that Communism pretty much inevitably leads to megadeath levels of horror and atrocity.

Not all authoritarian regimes are/were communist. Authoritarianism & dictatorship are the problem.

Seems like a good second weekend. I’m relieved and happy for this film. Whatever happens from here on out, there is a level of success already achieved that can’t be taken away.

Not all authoritarian regimes are/were communist. Authoritarianism & dictatorship are the problem.

Yeah. Not to get too off track, but the underlying economic structure doesn't cause the political issues faced by a country; although it certainly affects them.

Very happy to see this movie continuing to perform well and shattering expectations. IMHO, this success story does NOT happen without the exclusive theatrical window.

Not only what the movie did in its opening weekend was insane, if its second weekend drop is under 60 percent, that's also pretty insane given the circumstances.

I watched this on Friday in a completely empty theater.

It’s hard to think if this is objectively good or not because we’ve been spoiled with Marvel movies doing crazy numbers the most recent years.

It’s hard to think if this is objectively good or not because we’ve been spoiled with Marvel movies doing crazy numbers the most recent years.

Yes, but we've also seen a lot of precipitous drops too. Of course blockbusters "tend" to do that and the exceptions are certainly there. The fact that this movie did so well in the middle of a pandemic is really impressive in my book.

That is a fantastic hold. I think this thing does 300+ domestic in Normal times. And it's coming off an inflated holiday weekend. Reminds me of when Black Panther dropped only 44% after coming off and inflated opening weekend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"