• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Russos were in China last week and during an interview said that Scarlett is back for Civil War. They specifically mentioned her Winter Soldier (didn't use Stan's name) and RDJ and of course Evans.

I'm sorry for Carter fans in that I think her role was sacrificed in TWS for BW so that there really was no relationship build up into CA3 and with all that will be going on I'm not confident there's time or room to establish anything more than friends or work colleagues.

Moreover, with all the talent they have involved are Feige and The Russos really going to give EVC a significant amount of screen time when they also have Scarlett, Hayley, RDJ, Chad, Mackie, Stan and maybe Renner etc...

Watch Agent Carter and Revenge back to back and the difference in lead actress quality is too enormous to ignore. I can't see the lead actress in the CA films going from Atwell to Scarlett to EVC.

Yeah, agreed on that. I *need* a de-aged Peggy back in the movies somehow, I don't care how contrived at this point. AGENT CARTER is the bestest.

I knew about the interview with the Russos. Someone else mentioned that BW was going to be imprisoned early on in the movie, and that's one rumor I hadn't heard yet. Where did that come from?

Hey, I'm all for beefing up Sharon more, but yeah, just make her a work colleague or CIA connection. They can also introduce her as Peggy's niece. She can get her flirt on with Cap (Or Sam or Bucky or… hell, Black Widow!) and set her up as part of Cap's team.

I like Cap without the love interest. Round out the characters on their own if possible, create an interesting set of supporting players and have then kick Tony's metal ass all over New York as far as I'm concerned.

IF they find a way to somehow make Sharon and Cap work in this movie, I'll keep an open mind. As of now, though, I don't see it happening, especially with the latest round of rumors from LR.

(Though I have to admit announcing either Cobie or EVC in this movie would be kind of nice, if only because the entire cast is male save for Scarlett. Let's see some other women in here!)

Yeah, agreed on that. I *need* a de-aged Peggy back in the movies somehow, I don't care how contrived at this point. AGENT CARTER is the bestest.

I knew about the interview with the Russos. Someone else mentioned that BW was going to be imprisoned early on in the movie, and that's one rumor I hadn't heard yet. Where did that come from?

Hey, I'm all for beefing up Sharon more, but yeah, just make her a work colleague or CIA connection. They can also introduce her as Peggy's niece. She can get her flirt on with Cap (Or Sam or Bucky or… hell, Black Widow!) and set her up as part of Cap's team.

I like Cap without the love interest. Round out the characters on their own if possible, create an interesting set of supporting players and have then kick Tony's metal ass all over New York as far as I'm concerned.

IF they find a way to somehow make Sharon and Cap work in this movie, I'll keep an open mind. As of now, though, I don't see it happening, especially with the latest round of rumors from LR.

(Though I have to admit announcing either Cobie or EVC in this movie would be kind of nice, if only because the entire cast is male save for Scarlett. Let's see some other women in here!)

Definitely agree there. This can't be Captain America: Sausage War or Captain America: Civil Sausage. In any normal comic book war, there would be many more females. Of course, the problem in the MCU is that they have barely introduced any female heroes.

Would be cool if they introduced a heroed-up Jessica Jones before she hangs up her costume. Maybe she could even give up the superhero business because she's so disillusioned with the events of Civil War. However, since they're filming her series this year, that probably won't be happening.

I know this is the Sharon thread, but where is that rumor about BW coming from?

I'd guess that Sharon is returning for a beefed-up part in this one. How beefed up? I don't know; I could see her being Team Cap's connection with the CIA, maybe also working on the Black Panther/Wakanda end of things.

I don't know if I want, and I'm not sure I want, a romance with her and Cap. Just let her be involved and needed in whatever degree is necessary for her character.

I do like this thing where Cap's story doesn't force a romantic subplot into it.
I believe it's from this article from way back in October (it didn't get noticed back when it was first posted, it was only when superherofeed tweeted it in December that it spread around). It still doesn't sound credible to me I mean it cites an 'anonymous email' as their source so like... literally any random person could have sent it to them for a lark lol. And we all know how easy it is for these 'news' to get hits when they write about mcu rumors so it's no surprise they'd run with it.
Plus the rumor itself makes a lot of, frankly, sexist assumptions about how Johansson's baby would affect her place at Marvel (also assumptions that continue to be contradicted by the fact that she's been working almost non stop in the last few months since the birth of her child and continues adding more projects to her do-list).
All of that on top of how much of a waste it would be to use up one of her her remaining contract options just to show up for what, 5 minutes, before getting jailed for the duration of the film, an arc that would satisfy nobody who's a fan of the character... I just don't believe the rumor and I certainly hope there isn't any truth to it. :csad:

Aaanyway, as for Sharon, I'm certain she'll get plenty to do in this movie. I mean you just have to go by various comments by the directors/writers in interviews and even the cap 2 commentary. They have plans for her and I have faith they'll be good ones. Something I'm keenly hoping for is confirmation that Sharon and Nat are in fact friends in the mcu, something that was implied by how fondly Nat spoke of her. It'd be nice for them to highlight one of Nat's female friendships for a change.

(I also think that to get around the issue of Steve/Sharon not having enough screen time to get to know each other... they might make it so those two have already started dating off screen. Lol I mean, this movie takes place 2 years after the last one and if Steve waited that long to ask her out it'd be a bit awkward)

I'm sorry for Carter fans in that I think her role was sacrificed in TWS for BW so that there really was no relationship build up into CA3

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Get out of town!

I agree that EVC isn't a particularly strong actress. When you add her busy year-long schedule for revenge and her half-hearted her introduction was, it is apparent that Marvel never had any real intention of using her as anything more.

A pity, since Markus and McFeely had repeatedly indicated their desire to do so since CATFA's release, but presumably were overruled by editorial demands from Feige and the Russos.

Steve getting a love interest is actually an important aspect of his character arc.

It doesn't have to be Sharon. It could be Bernie, Rachel, Connie, Rebecca, or whoever.

But Steve is clearly neither aromantic or asexual. He's expressed wanting to get be involved in a relationship, and it doesn't make sense for him to stay hung up over a woman who he never actually dated, who is mentally 70 years his senior and who has moved on with her life.

And I suppose I'm alone, but that trumps helping [whoever] become a better person in the list of things I'd like to see Cap doing.

I don't know. While Steve may have sexually feelings for people. 1. They may not be women. 2. We already have the Pepper/Tony relationship and Thor/Jane in the MCU. Not saying that I don't want more women in Cap 3, I just don't see where they can fit a love story in the middle of Civil War and I would rather the women be badasses and not be worried about getting a piece of that sweet Captain Smallass.

I must admit that If Steve could be with anyone I would want it to be Peggy. Ever since Whitehall appeared in Agents of Shield with the ability to defy ageing I have been hopeful that Peggy will become young again (wishful thinking I know :yay:).

But Sharon is very important to Steve's story and despite the claims of Marvel I don't think they have invested much into her character. In contrast it was obvious they had plans for Falcon based on how much they invested in developing his character in Winter Soldier (which they did very well).

I'm not a fan of Marvel trying to squeeze so much into their films that important stuff like Steve and Sharon getting close has to happen off screen and then get suddenly introduced.

If there isn't sufficient time to devote to a romantic story then leave Captain America single!

Where is all this "Sharon got shafted by the studio" bs coming from??

it was an introduction, a small one, she was never meant to be a main character
and yet, in spite of the fact that her role was small, she got to be undercover, had an action scene, fought Hydra, and had her future teased out via the CIA scene and Widow telling Steve to go for it.

They clearly had plans, and Marvel/Feige did not do anything to mess with that.

If there's any reason she may have a too-small or no role in Cap3, their initials are RDJ and SJ

If I had to guess. If they wouldve gotten one of the bigger actresses that were on the rumored shortlist like Anna Kendrick then Sharon wouldve be bigger

But that's just speculation

Where is all this "Sharon got shafted by the studio" bs coming from??

it was an introduction, a small one, she was never meant to be a main character
and yet, in spite of the fact that her role was small, she got to be undercover, had an action scene, fought Hydra, and had her future teased out via the CIA scene and Widow telling Steve to go for it.

They clearly had plans, and Marvel/Feige did not do anything to mess with that.

If there's any reason she may have a too-small or no role in Cap3, their initials are RDJ and SJ

But RDJ and SJ were cast by the studio.

I've talked at length about why Sharon's role in CATWS was terrible, and I don't think anyone cares to hear it again.

But the main point is: Why wasn't she meant to be a main character?

It was a Captain America movie, SHIELD featured heavily, Steve was at a point in his life when he didn't have anyone in his life. It was the perfect chance to flesh Sharon out. They just didn't want to.

I suspect the inclusion of RDJ and SJ (especially the former) will impact on the screen time of Sharon and other characters. Markus and McFeely also recently stated that the script isn't finished (currently writing the fourth draft?).

As others noted the MCU has few strong female characters and Marvel did waste the opportunity to introduce the Sharon we see in the comics in TWS.

Hopefully Sharons future may be hinted at by a cameo in Age of Ultron.

If they wanted to truly flesh out and have stronger female characters then they shouldn't have hired EVC and yeah Cobie to play Sharon and Maria Hill.

I know there's a common complaint, and I'm one of them, about all the very talented actors Marvel hires for smaller, supporting or villain roles not getting their fleshed out due but at least that casting strategy allows the possibility for giving an unexpected performance and having a strong actor already in place for possible character expansion. See: Hayley Attwell, or even SLJ , Clark Gregg, Scarlett and Hiddleston.

But with the casting of EVC and Cobie - though I want to see more strong female characters I'm not excited at all about seeing more of Sharon or Maria with these actresses playing them, even if it means Civil War etc is a Sausage Fest.

Last edited:
If they wanted to truly flesh out and have stronger female characters then they shouldn't have hired EVC and yeah Cobie to play Sharon and Maria Hill.

I know there's a common complaint, and I'm one of them, about all the very talented actors Marvel hires for smaller, supporting or villain roles not getting their fleshed out due but at least that casting strategy allows the possibility for giving an unexpected performance and having a strong actor already in place for possible character expansion. See: Hayley Attwell, or even SLJ , Clark Gregg, Scarlett and Hiddleston.

But with the casting of EVC and Cobie - though I want to see more strong female characters I'm not excited at all about seeing more of Sharon or Maria with these actresses playing them, even if it means Civil War etc is a Sausage Fest.

I don't see how EVC and Cobie are a problem; I find them to be good enough actresses to stand alongside other actors in MCU.

I don't see how EVC and Cobie are a problem; I find them to be good enough actresses to stand alongside other actors in MCU.

I'm fine with them too, although I would've preferred Morena Baccarin as Maria Hill instead. She would also have looked more striking and also more like the comic character. Would be nice if Marvel could use her for something else.

Also, EVC is good enough as an actress, and I don't think one can judge her performance on just seeing one episode of Revenge.

The problem would be that I obviously don't believe they are, not even close.

Those deleted scenes of Cobie in The Avengers more than verge on the embarrassing. Even the small deleted ones from the TWS show she's out of her depth. There's no way Maria Hill as written or performed in the MCU is a strong enough character to succeed Fury as she does in the comics. She's best used in very small doses trailing Fury and occasionally shooting someone.

Nothing I've seen of EVC from her small role of Sharon or elsewhere (and she's been around for years and done a lot of TV) makes me thing she has a great or interesting Sharon Carter in her or is leading lady material in a film this size and with this talented cast.

She's best used in very small doses trailing Fury and occasionally shooting someone.
That's the only way that she has been used in the movies. Watch Cobie in AOS (Ep 20, Nothing Personal) she was great there. When she's actually given stuff, she can do great things.

That's the only way that she has been used in the movies. Watch Cobie in AOS (Ep 20, Nothing Personal) she was great there. When she's actually given stuff, she can do great things.

Cobie has also been great in TWS, even though she was given least amount to do on the heroic side. I think if she has more integral scenes, Cobie will be able to deliver the goods.

I hope Sharon gets some decent character development, since she could defect from the government and help Cap in some way.

Cobie has also been great in TWS, even though she was given least amount to do on the heroic side. I think if she has more integral scenes, Cobie will be able to deliver the goods.

I thought Cobie was great in TWS. I loved the scene in the control room where she calmly stood up and shot two guys while continuing to give instructions to the rest of the team.

She has potential and I hope she gets a good story in AoU and civil war.

Right am really hoping we get more Sharon in CV afte watching TWS again, but I just see it considering the amount of characters they have to tackle. It's a shame as she seems an interesting character.

5wktfs.jpg

28v3fuu.jpg

I would guess Scarlett Witch is in this one too, but as a minor battle scene character.

I wonder why the Russo Bros. still haven't confirmed EVC in this movie; I thought it'd be a foregone conclusion by now.

we don`t have the entire casting list, we will probably have a better idea in April, but I think EVC will be back; isn`t Cobie pregnant? IDK how far she will be in her pregnancy, to cover the belly like they did with Scarlett in AoU. But they need more women in there and we have get to know who else from Avengers team they will include with some sort of cameo role IDK.
But I trust EVC will be there, IDK what type of relationship she will have to Steve, but there is a reason why we saw Sharon at the end of TWS as she is now part of the CIA, and we have to consider the writers generally do things openly enough, like in the first Cap movie, they left little things that they could pick up from if they were lucky that Marvel would hire them to make the sequel, and they knew they wanted TWS; so for this movie, they probably wrote the end so they could make it work for either CW or any other plot.

They're going to filming from April to August so Cobie's scenes could easily be filmed after she gives birth since I doubt her role requires several months of filming. I could see Sharon having some role with the CIA and gov't which would probably put her on the pro Reg side. If the team splits up after AOU then we might also see Scarlet Witch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"