Singular Universe: Brave New World -- Sign Up/OOC Thread

Awesome. If you are/will sign up as DD I'd be glad to work with you on something or anything as Danny. Street-leveler martial artists gotta stick together! In terms of teamups, I'm open with pretty much anyone interested, too.

Hawkeye sample:

"You're a real pain in my ass."

"I'll use a little more KY next time."

Nick Fury slammed a file down on the desk in front of him, nearly biting through the cigar in his mouth.

"That's the exact smart ass that got you here today."

Fury opened up the folder. Clint Barton could tell right away that it was a formal complaint.

"I could care less who gets their feelings hurt around here, or who offends who. Unfortunately, I have people working above me who do care about these pissy little whiners, and then they come to make my life a living hell. And if I'm gonna have a chunk taken outta my ass, I'm gonna make up for it with a chunk of yours."

"Who got their panties in a bunch this time?"

"Agents Hill and Johnson were less than pleased with your last co-op."

"So, what? A couple of hot shot, by-the-book, feminist rookies wanna make a splash by reporting me because I bend the rules here and there? Who doesn't, Nick?"

"You referred to them as 'The Period Patrol"!"

Barton suppressed a chuckle. That was inspired. He was proud of himself.

"They cramped my style."

"Bull$*it. I know Paris was hard, but this is life. Things go wrong. People are caught in the crossfire. But you cannot compromise missions and refuse to work with anyone else."

"Paris was nothing. Just a memory."

The man known as Hawkeye leaned back in the chair. He had cared for exactly three women in his life. Two of them he had watched murdered by a drunken maniac that he had to ackowledge as his father.

The third? He left her down too. The mission had been totally f*c#ed, and now she spent her days rehabbing in Walter Reed.

"Morse was a good agent. But she isn't the only good agent."

Hawkeye shook his head.

"Done with this clandestine $h*t. I'm not a f**king police officer, working through the red tape."

"The higher ups feel the same way. You're too much of a liability, and they're less than pleased by the Halloween costume."

"Well, I hope the severance package is decent."

Fury took a drag of the cigar.

"There's something else that's come up. Maybe a little more up your alley. You can play dress up all day and worked around all the paper pushers."

Fury slid another folder to Barton. On the front was a picture of a large, stylized "A". Barton flipped it open and skimmed the first page.

"The Avengers, eh?"

Hope my IF post was okay even though it was a bit lengthy. Will try and improve as I go, get back into the feel of the character. Also are we trying to keep specific times synchronized between different people's posts, or will it only matter if we intersect?

Eh, go wild. I usually treat it like the usual comic sliding timeline: somehow, it's always the school year for Peter... unless I specifically need it not to be.

Eh, go wild. I usually treat it like the usual comic sliding timeline: somehow, it's always the school year for Peter... unless I specifically need it not to be.

Yea, I'd try to have it in the general timeline (I figure we're at the end of summer/beginning of school right now), but we're not to strict.

I should have posts for all characters tomorrow, but the focus is Kid Flash, which will definitely be done.

Hawkguy is approved. Gonna work on getting the roster update this week.

A day later than promised -- and far more bloated than I anticipated -- but there it is. Flash is next on the To-Do List.

I'm not done... Work (training) and housework are eating my time right now, but after Friday I'm on leave for a month.

If you feel any bitter chill it's because I'm all up in your country eating your pork products and Dr Pepper.

I know its been almost 2 weeks since my last Robin post, just waiting on MB so please don't put him up for grabs.

*Finishes up secret Batman app, just in case*

mk.png

Character Name: Mercedes "Misty" Knight

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line):
Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Red Arial Black

Powers and Abilities: Apart from the extensive hand-to-hand combat and firearms training Misty recieved while a cop, she also has a bionic right arm that gives her a super-human punch and a vice-like grip. She also possesses excellent detective skills as well as some sassy street smarts.

Character Origin/Major Events: After getting a degree from the School of Hardknocks growing up in Harlem, this jive-talking soul sista joined the NYPD in order to clean up some of the trash accumulating on the streets of her neighborhood. Officer Knight liked hitting the streets and making a difference. With all the crooked-ass cops around her, she quickly realized if change was going to be made, it would have to be made by her. She knew she wasn't the only good cop on the force, but with so much corruption, she also didn't know who to trust...other than herself. On her time off, Misty would pal around with good friends Luke Cage and Colleen Wing. Colleen is a skilled martial artist, even better than Misty, who can harness her chi and make short work of foes with the use of her Samurai sword. Luke, meanwhile, is virtually indestructable with bulletproof skin and super strength. Misty would often keep her super-powered friends in tow when investigating something shady.

One day, Misty was lured to a warehouse only to find herself face to face with a ticking time bomb. In an attempt to destory it, Misty lost her right arm in the explosion.

She was down, but certainly not out. Ya dig?

Misty had excellent insurance through the police department and was able to get a bionic arm attached, thanks to the folks at Stark Industries. Her new arm could produce a vice-like grip as well as deliver punches who could knock the biggest, baddest dude out of his boots. But, the police department viewed it as a liability, and only allowed Misty to return to her job if she spent her days sitting behind a desk.

Misty turned the police department down for three reasons: One, she ain't sittin' behind any desk. Two, too many cops out on the beat don't give a s**t about Harlem, so without her presence, the place gets neglected. And three, because she's certain she was set up by someone on the force. She was getting too close to something. She doesn't know the whats and the whos, but she is damn-determined to find out!

Instead, Misty sets herself up as a private detective with her best friend Colleen Wing. The company is dubbed Nightwing Restorations. In between more mundane tasks like spying on cheating spouses and looking into suspected corporate espionage, Misty busys herself with trying to unravel the mystery of that fateful day when she lost her right arm, all the while stopping muggers, junkies and pushers on the streets of her home neighborhood.

Year One:

1. After graduating from the police academy, Misty is assigned to the 28th Precinct.
2. Misty becomes a hero to the folks of Harlem, while also making enemies of the local criminal element.
3. Misty meets Luke Cage and the two hit it off, dating briefly, but soon discovering they made better friends than anything else.
4. With Luke's help, Misty disrupts the criminal enterprises of men like WIllis Stryker and John Bushmaster.
5. Misty meets and befriends Colleen Wing and the two become best friends.
6. The Daily Bugle breaks a story on police corruption, sending Misty's world topsy-turvy.

Year Two:

1. Willis Stryker is indicted for bribing a policer officer, and is linked to Misty's partner.
2. Misty travels to Gotham City to attend a seminar put on by Batman and James Gordon.
3. Taking what she learned in Gotham, Misty takes the test to become a detective.
4. 28th Precinct's captain fails Misty, despite her actually passing the test.
5. Dejected, Misty spends sometime retreating into a bottle or two (or three or four) of liqour.

Year Three:

1. After some investigating, Misty learns she not only passed her exam, but was denied because she was too a good a cop. The powers that be, i.e. the criminals with cops on their payroll, want to keep Misty at a distance so she can't cause too many problems for them.
2. With Matt Murdock as her attorney, Misty sues the NYPD for not making her a detective. The matter is settled out of court. Misty is promoted and her captain is arrested on conspiracy charges.
3. Detective Knight proves to be an even bigger thorn in the side of Harlem's criminal element than Officer Knight was.
4. Bushmaster and some corrupt cops set Misty up, hoping to trap her and kill her in an explosion. She survives but looses her right arm.

Year Four:

1. Misty is back on the job with her new bionic arm. However, she quits before the end of the week and teams up with Colleen to open Nightwing Restorations, a front for their private detective agency.
2. Misty continues to investigate the police department's role in her accident, while working as a private detective.
3. Misty and Colleen are hired to ascertain Superman's true identiy. After getting close, the two decide to drop the case, arguing the world doesn't need to know who Superman is, and that his privacy should be respected.
4. Luke introduces Misty to his good friend Danny Rand.

Why this character? I've always been a huge fan of Blaxploitation movies and, in particular, Pam Grier, who Misty is essentially based on. She's not the traditional spandex-cape-and-mask-type of super hero, but she definitely has the heart of a hero. Because of this, I think Misty is the most underused, under appreciated, and underrated character out there. That and I've never played a female before. Might as well give that a shot.

What can you bring to the RPG? I've had a lot of fun and luck playing Daredevil so far. I'd like to think I'm doing well with the character and don't see why I can't bring those same skills to Misty's corner.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

It's habit. It's all one great big habit. Whether I'm running background checks on potential boyfriends or, as I'm doing now, clearing my apartment, one room at a time, by pointing my 9mm Beretta into even dark corner, nook, and crany. You can take a cop out the job, but you can't take the job out the cop. I'm always on guard. The one time I wasn't, it cost me my right arm.

Satisfied there's no dirt-doin'-brothas waiting in the shadows to do me wrong, I holster my weapon and exhale. I go to the record player and thumb through my massive collection of old vinyl. Yeah, I know music's gone digital, but an iPod and some dock speakers ain't got nothin' on a full out system with the right needle. Let's see, what's it gonna be? Bobby Womack? Al Green? Bill Whithers? A ha! Yeah, it's a Chi-Lites kinda night. With the loving care of a new mom changing her infant daughter, I carefully remove the record from its sleeve, put in on the turntable and put the needle in the groove. I sing along to "Oh, Girl" as I fix dinner. Dinner. For one.

But then, a text-message comes through. You see, a few weeks ago this white lady came into the office sobbing about her husband, how she expects he's cheating this, and dishonest that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I don't like doing it either, but a paying job is a paying job. Next thing I know, I'm taking this lady's money just to break her heart. I found her husband online and we've chatted, exchanged some e-mails at whatnot. But, see, the lights are about to be turned off in my office, so I need the rest of this woman's payment--now! So I expediited things, and asked this fool if he wanted to meet. I look at the text from my lover. There's a time and an address. But, goddamnit, I'm off the clock! That mentality lasts all of 30 seconds until I go through my mail and realize everything is a bill, the envelopes of which are stamped with "Past Due Notice."

I sigh, grumble under my breath and go to meet him, the smooth sounds of the Chi-Lites still filling my apartment.

A half hour later, I'm in the lobby of the Tamm Hotel waiting for this dude to show. I got their early and have been watching the window like a hawk Or a falcon...

But he doesn't come in through the front door.

He steps out of the elevators and walks up to me.

"Mrs. Smith," he says, as he approaches. "You'll look even better in person."

I nod. "Uh huh, and why am I here?"

He raises an eyebrow. "You know. You and I can go upstairs and...you know."

"No, I don't know, baby. I wanna hear you say it."

He smiles as I force myself not to gag. "We're going to go upstairs and f*** like rabbits!"

"Yeah, about that. My name is Misty Knight. I'm a private detective with Nightwing. Your wife hired me to confirm her suspicions that you're having an affair."

He's stunned. They all are at the this point. They can't believe this is happening to them. Oh, they all say the same things. How this is going to ruin their marrige, how I'M going to ruin their marriage. Like I'm the one who pulled their d*** out and stuck it in a woman with whom he did NOT exchange vows. Yeah. Totally my fault.

But this guy's not like the rest. He seems...powerful and angry.

"Now, you listen to me you little--"

"No," I love interupting their "speech." "You listen to me. See how I got my hand in my pocket? Yeah, I got a snub nose .38 in there and it's been aimed at your rotten worthless crotch since you stepped off that elevator there. Unless you wanna leave here with fewer apendages than you arrived with, I suggest you stop telling me what I'm going to do, and start listening to what you need to do." I move my head around so he can see directly into my eyes. I want this mothaf***** to know I'm as serious as a heart attack. "You need to go home to your wife. And confess. Everything. She already knows anyway. But it would be better coming from you than from me."

After he leaves--head down, feet dragging, arms hanging limply at his sides--I pull my hand out of my empty pocket and smile to myself. "Glad that worked."

Can't believe I left my .38 at home!

Oh well, back to my dinner. For one.

I know its been almost 2 weeks since my last Robin post, just waiting on MB so please don't put him up for grabs.

*Finishes up secret Batman app, just in case*

Don't worry, everyone working with MB gets a 2 week buffer period. :cwink:

Approved

Working on posts. Past 2 weeks have been a bit crazy. Need to get back to 5-ish posts a week that I was in a few weeks ago.

Okay, staying in tomorrow night. Posts for TMNT and Cap, and hopefully Kid Flash.

*cough*cough*

;)

Nut up or shut up, son!

That goes for the rest of you. Get to posting, mother****ers! If I can keep up with my posting on top of going to school, working two jobs, and writing for my own project, the **** is y'all's excuse?

Nut up or shut up, son!

That goes for the rest of you. Get to posting, mother****ers! If I can keep up with my posting on top of going to school, working two jobs, and writing for my own project, the **** is y'all's excuse?

Yea, we've slowed down way too much. Let's get going bastards

Tonight's my last night at work with this training sheeeeeeeeeeit...

My nuts will absolutely be up then.

...so shut up..?

Confession: I may have gotten just a little high tonight before posting...and I think it shows.

Sorry in advance.

So, my PC had a virus and had to reformat! But I'm back now and Red Hood pt. 2 is definitely on the way!

There's the Red Ranger moving along, now to focus on my collaborations next!

Gonna try and get some posts written on the flight over to the US today.

Won't be able to get them up until I hit somewhere with Wi-Fi though.

Sorry about the laser, Andy, but I'm sure Supes can take it.

I'm really playing this by ear, and it's not perfect, but I hope it's at least fun and interesting for everyone else too.

Also, Spidey, did I miss a White Ranger post or did you want me to finish up with the Malefic thing on my own? I know you've got an itchy bow finger.

Go ahead and finish the fight up. Mamma Barton's baby boy is making his comeback

mk.png

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line):
Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Red Arial Black

Powers and Abilities: Apart from the extensive hand-to-hand combat and firearms training Misty recieved while a cop, she also has a bionic right arm that gives her a super-human punch and a vice-like grip. She also possesses excellent detective skills as well as some sassy street smarts.

Character Origin/Major Events: After getting a degree from the School of Hardknocks growing up in Harlem, this jive-talking soul sista joined the NYPD in order to clean up some of the trash accumulating on the streets of her neighborhood. Officer Knight liked hitting the streets and making a difference. With all the crooked-ass cops around her, she quickly realized if change was going to be made, it would have to be made by her. She knew she wasn't the only good cop on the force, but with so much corruption, she also didn't know who to trust...other than herself. On her time off, Misty would pal around with good friends Luke Cage and Colleen Wing. Colleen is a skilled martial artist, even better than Misty, who can harness her chi and make short work of foes with the use of her Samurai sword. Luke, meanwhile, is virtually indestructable with bulletproof skin and super strength. Misty would often keep her super-powered friends in tow when investigating something shady.

One day, Misty was lured to a warehouse only to find herself face to face with a ticking time bomb. In an attempt to destory it, Misty lost her right arm in the explosion.

She was down, but certainly not out. Ya dig?

Misty had excellent insurance through the police department and was able to get a bionic arm attached, thanks to the folks at Stark Industries. Her new arm could produce a vice-like grip as well as deliver punches who could knock the biggest, baddest dude out of his boots. But, the police department viewed it as a liability, and only allowed Misty to return to her job if she spent her days sitting behind a desk.

Misty turned the police department down for three reasons: One, she ain't sittin' behind any desk. Two, too many cops out on the beat don't give a s**t about Harlem, so without her presence, the place gets neglected. And three, because she's certain she was set up by someone on the force. She was getting too close to something. She doesn't know the whats and the whos, but she is damn-determined to find out!

Instead, Misty sets herself up as a private detective with her best friend Colleen Wing. The company is dubbed Nightwing Restorations. In between more mundane tasks like spying on cheating spouses and looking into suspected corporate espionage, Misty busys herself with trying to unravel the mystery of that fateful day when she lost her right arm, all the while stopping muggers, junkies and pushers on the streets of her home neighborhood.

Year One:

1. After graduating from the police academy, Misty is assigned to the 28th Precinct.
2. Misty becomes a hero to the folks of Harlem, while also making enemies of the local criminal element.
3. Misty meets Luke Cage and the two hit it off, dating briefly, but soon discovering they made better friends than anything else.
4. With Luke's help, Misty disrupts the criminal enterprises of men like WIllis Stryker and John Bushmaster.
5. Misty meets and befriends Colleen Wing and the two become best friends.
6. The Daily Bugle breaks a story on police corruption, sending Misty's world topsy-turvy.

Year Two:

1. Willis Stryker is indicted for bribing a policer officer, and is linked to Misty's partner.
2. Misty travels to Gotham City to attend a seminar put on by Batman and James Gordon.
3. Taking what she learned in Gotham, Misty takes the test to become a detective.
4. 28th Precinct's captain fails Misty, despite her actually passing the test.
5. Dejected, Misty spends sometime retreating into a bottle or two (or three or four) of liqour.

Year Three:

1. After some investigating, Misty learns she not only passed her exam, but was denied because she was too a good a cop. The powers that be, i.e. the criminals with cops on their payroll, want to keep Misty at a distance so she can't cause too many problems for them.
2. With Matt Murdock as her attorney, Misty sues the NYPD for not making her a detective. The matter is settled out of court. Misty is promoted and her captain is arrested on conspiracy charges.
3. Detective Knight proves to be an even bigger thorn in the side of Harlem's criminal element than Officer Knight was.
4. Bushmaster and some corrupt cops set Misty up, hoping to trap her and kill her in an explosion. She survives but looses her right arm.

Year Four:

1. Misty is back on the job with her new bionic arm. However, she quits before the end of the week and teams up with Colleen to open Nightwing Restorations, a front for their private detective agency.
2. Misty continues to investigate the police department's role in her accident, while working as a private detective.
3. Misty and Colleen are hired to ascertain Superman's true identiy. After getting close, the two decide to drop the case, arguing the world doesn't need to know who Superman is, and that his privacy should be respected.
4. Luke introduces Misty to his good friend Danny Rand.

Why this character? I've always been a huge fan of Blaxploitation movies and, in particular, Pam Grier, who Misty is essentially based on. She's not the traditional spandex-cape-and-mask-type of super hero, but she definitely has the heart of a hero. Because of this, I think Misty is the most underused, under appreciated, and underrated character out there. That and I've never played a female before. Might as well give that a shot.

What can you bring to the RPG? I've had a lot of fun and luck playing Daredevil so far. I'd like to think I'm doing well with the character and don't see why I can't bring those same skills to Misty's corner.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

It's habit. It's all one great big habit. Whether I'm running background checks on potential boyfriends or, as I'm doing now, clearing my apartment, one room at a time, by pointing my 9mm Beretta into even dark corner, nook, and crany. You can take a cop out the job, but you can't take the job out the cop. I'm always on guard. The one time I wasn't, it cost me my right arm.

Satisfied there's no dirt-doin'-brothas waiting in the shadows to do me wrong, I holster my weapon and exhale. I go to the record player and thumb through my massive collection of old vinyl. Yeah, I know music's gone digital, but an iPod and some dock speakers ain't got nothin' on a full out system with the right needle. Let's see, what's it gonna be? Bobby Womack? Al Green? Bill Whithers? A ha! Yeah, it's a Chi-Lites kinda night. With the loving care of a new mom changing her infant daughter, I carefully remove the record from its sleeve, put in on the turntable and put the needle in the groove. I sing along to "Oh, Girl" as I fix dinner. Dinner. For one.

But then, a text-message comes through. You see, a few weeks ago this white lady came into the office sobbing about her husband, how she expects he's cheating this, and dishonest that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I don't like doing it either, but a paying job is a paying job. Next thing I know, I'm taking this lady's money just to break her heart. I found her husband online and we've chatted, exchanged some e-mails at whatnot. But, see, the lights are about to be turned off in my office, so I need the rest of this woman's payment--now! So I expediited things, and asked this fool if he wanted to meet. I look at the text from my lover. There's a time and an address. But, goddamnit, I'm off the clock! That mentality lasts all of 30 seconds until I go through my mail and realize everything is a bill, the envelopes of which are stamped with "Past Due Notice."

I sigh, grumble under my breath and go to meet him, the smooth sounds of the Chi-Lites still filling my apartment.

A half hour later, I'm in the lobby of the Tamm Hotel waiting for this dude to show. I got their early and have been watching the window like a hawk Or a falcon...

But he doesn't come in through the front door.

He steps out of the elevators and walks up to me.

"Mrs. Smith," he says, as he approaches. "You'll look even better in person."

I nod. "Uh huh, and why am I here?"

He raises an eyebrow. "You know. You and I can go upstairs and...you know."

"No, I don't know, baby. I wanna hear you say it."

He smiles as I force myself not to gag. "We're going to go upstairs and f*** like rabbits!"

"Yeah, about that. My name is Misty Knight. I'm a private detective with Nightwing. Your wife hired me to confirm her suspicions that you're having an affair."

He's stunned. They all are at the this point. They can't believe this is happening to them. Oh, they all say the same things. How this is going to ruin their marrige, how I'M going to ruin their marriage. Like I'm the one who pulled their d*** out and stuck it in a woman with whom he did NOT exchange vows. Yeah. Totally my fault.

But this guy's not like the rest. He seems...powerful and angry.

"Now, you listen to me you little--"

"No," I love interupting their "speech." "You listen to me. See how I got my hand in my pocket? Yeah, I got a snub nose .38 in there and it's been aimed at your rotten worthless crotch since you stepped off that elevator there. Unless you wanna leave here with fewer apendages than you arrived with, I suggest you stop telling me what I'm going to do, and start listening to what you need to do." I move my head around so he can see directly into my eyes. I want this mothaf***** to know I'm as serious as a heart attack. "You need to go home to your wife. And confess. Everything. She already knows anyway. But it would be better coming from you than from me."

After he leaves--head down, feet dragging, arms hanging limply at his sides--I pull my hand out of my empty pocket and smile to myself. "Glad that worked."

Can't believe I left my .38 at home!

Oh well, back to my dinner. For one.

Hell yeah Misty Knight!!!!!! Super excited. Now that I've finally got past the Great Firewall of China I can post again! Can't wait to work on some stuff involving her hopefully

Hell yeah Misty Knight!!!!!! Super excited. Now that I've finally got past the Great Firewall of China I can post again! Can't wait to work on some stuff involving her hopefully

Bring it, bruh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"