Singular Universe: Brave New World -- Sign Up/OOC Thread

Anyone seen MB lately?

Cap and Kid Flash will be up tomorrow.

I say go for it, if only to light a fire under his ass.

I would drop Harley if this is approved, hope I'm not stepping on any toes, I just miss The Boy Wonder :csad:

Singular Universe: Brave New World Character Application[/SIZE]:

Character Name:The Batman

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line):Hero

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Franklin Gothic Medium for Batman, Bold Century Gothic for Bruce

Powers and Abilities: Lacking superhuman powers, Batman is an expert martial artist, a billionaire with seemingly unlimited resources, an unparalleled detective, a highly skilled gymnast and escape artist, and master of disguise, possessing these skills among many other talents. And whatever he lacks in technical prowess is made up for by his primary ally, Alfred Pennyworth, who provides him with highly advanced gadgetry and direct radio reconnaissance in the field.

Character Origin/Major Events: MB's Batman history

Why this character? This is the first superhero I loved as a kid, and while I definitely ended up firmly in the Marvel camp, The Dark Knight is still easily among my top favorites

What can you bring to the RPG? Words.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more and featuring at least one line of dialogue:

He had been terrified of the dark as a child.

It wasn't the because of the monsters of the boogey men that most children feared. It was the lonliness, the emptiness that scared Bruce the most. The stillness of the night unsettled him. He was happiest in the day, running around, spending time with his parents, listening to Alfred's old war stories. Life. Young Bruce Wayne loved life. And the night, the darkness, seemed so much the opposite.

It was fittingly cruel that his love of life, his happiness, died with his parents in the darkness and lonliness of Crime Alley.

The transition that began that fateful evening had been slow, tedious, painful. The precocious young Bruce Wayne began to fade away.The solemn vow he made the day his parents were put into the ground slowly took hold. he didn't know what he was turning into at first, just that he was different.

It was the first whispers among Gotham's underworld that truly made him realize what he had become. It was the fear he heard in the voices of the mobsters that scattered at first sight of him. The hesitation of Gotham's underworld as the sun set each day.

He had become the dark. He had become the night.

"What are you, man?"

He pulled the mugger close, and sneered.

"I'm Batman."

You could at least make MB sweat with putting actual work into the CS!

So, MB says he's out. Considering Batman is a "big" character, I'm going to keep the submission period open another 24 hours to see if people want to get in on him.

Batman is approved.

Let's get Gotham chugging along again

Red Hood ain't scared of no Bat! Speaking of almost done with the post!

Got some posts ready for tomorrow. Everyone still here?

I'm still around-- just been slacking a bit. More stuff inbound soon.

Sorry everyone...still here but I've been in and out of the hospital lately with some kidney problems. I still owe a new Misty post. Hope to have it up by tonight.

I too apologize for my absence. I'll have some postage up today. Things have been rough getting school together.

Got my latest Misty post up.

Anyone seen Eddie Brock lately?

I'm here! Not ready to throw in the towel, but I may have to pull back by dropping a character... I'll mull it over while I try to shake off this posting inertia.

I'll try and get a post up soon but I've been both sick and pretty busy lately. Will do one as soon as I can though.

I may get an Iron Man post up this weekend. I regret to say that I have to drop J'onn. My creative outlets have pulled me away from this game, so I'm going to try and wrap up Tony's story so I don't leave threads hanging.

I'm here! Not ready to throw in the towel, but I may have to pull back by dropping a character... I'll mull it over while I try to shake off this posting inertia.

Bummer, but I understand...real life and all.

Gimme a heads up if you plan on dropping Spidey. I'll just pull some BS outta my ass about getting the charges dropped or a mistrial or something and voila! Storyline wrapped up...sorta.

Don't you worry... They'll rip Spidey from my cold dead hands.

Just got back home.

I might see if I can get some things moving today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"