• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Across the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse News and General Discussion

Me, upon learning of this glorious discovery:

I’M ALREADY AT FULL HEALTH
I will forever love that game's humor (PS1 Venom is a legend, Tom Hardy could never), but it has one of my all-time favorite Spider-Man lines to this day:

"Look, being Spider-Man has given me a lot and taken a lot away, but one thing never changes: my responsibility to put others before myself no matter what the cost."

Bro, I genuinely hope they got Rino Romano back for these movies even if just for a line or two. Always thought he was a supremely underrated voice for Spidey.

Hopefully Josh Keaton and Christopher Daniel Barnes are in here somewhere...
yes! Christopher Daniel Barnes is still my favorite voice actor for Spidey. Would love for him to be a part of this!

Honestly, as much as I enjoy No Way Home, these movies are much closer to the mindbending bonkers multiverse adventure I was personally expecting out of that film. While NWH is a love letter to the live-action side of Spider-Man, this two-parter just seems like it'll be a love letter to all things Spider-Man and I love it.

Though I suppose there's a sliver of a chance Tobey and Andrew could cameo in this in animated form.

Apparently Vulture is "anachronistic" so I'm guessing it's either Vulture 2099, Vulture Noir or Steampunk Vulture from Lady-Spider's universe.
He doesn't match any of these 1-to-1 but I think he's closest to the Steampunk Vulture from Lady-Spider's universe I described. Though he is seemingly monochrome here.

All you people that are down on The Spot as the villain would've been jumping out of your seats if Big Wheel was the villain...
I think both the Spot and Big Wheel are great villain choices for Spider-Man movies, but I do think Spot's powerset makes a lot more sense in a big multiple Spider-People multiverse movie like this. Big Wheel would be great as a secondary villain though whether it's in a Spider-Verse movie or in the MCU or whatever. You could make him really cool if you just give him a big weaponized monowheel on a tech level closer to modern Stark/Oscorp supertech.

Marvel editorial when other creative writers actually have Peter Parker grow up, evolve, and have a child with MJ:

wait-thats-illegal-halo.gif

Don't tell Quesada!

Honestly, as much as I enjoy No Way Home, these movies are much closer to the mindbending bonkers multiverse adventure I was personally expecting out of that film. While NWH is a love letter to the live-action side of Spider-Man, this two-parter just seems like it'll be a love letter to all things Spider-Man and I love it.

Though I suppose there's a sliver of a chance Tobey and Andrew could cameo in this in animated form.
I feel like both films really celebrate the character both equally. No Way Home really surprised me, and it ended up becoming one of my top 3 MCU films. As someone who had issues with Hollands previous outings, that movie reminded me of a special time in my life with all the Raimi stuff while using that as foundation to give Holland a really satisfying arc. I loved it! Spider-Verse did something really similar as well and I'm just so happy both exist haha.

Okay so I think I saw
- Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew)
- Mayday Parker
- Insomniac Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Spider-Armor Mk. II
- Spinneret (Mary-Jane Watson)
- Spiderling (Annie Parker)
- Lady-Spider (May Reilly)
- Spider-Cop
- Bombastic Bag-Man (Peter Parker)
- Mangaverse Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Werewolf Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Spider-Armor Mk. I
- PlayStation 1 Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
- Spider-Monkey (Peter Parker)
- Spider-Man Unlimited (Peter Parker)

Also suits that resemble but are not fully accurate or I'm not sure for Big Time Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Spidercide, Future Foundation Spider-Man, and Earth X Spider-Man.

Am I missing any?

Anyone who has Into the Spider-Verse as their favorite Spider-Man film overall, topping any of the live-action ones, would have a very valid argument, for my money.

Wouldn’t shock me if he being hidden because he’s the real villain

I think that would be too close to the plot of the TAS storyline

This film looks genuinely masterful. I’m loving the designs for…literally everyone. Don’t get me started on the pitch perfect animation.

I think we have another game changer on our hands with this one.

Oh this looks fantastic. So many Spider-people. I need to watch this trailer like 5000 times.

All you people that are down on The Spot as the villain would've been jumping out of your seats if Big Wheel was the villain...

Should have been Rocket Racer or Stegron :o

The trailer didn't "WOW" me but I still enjoyed it.

Does anyone know how that green and blue variant is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"