rank title units gross
2 SM1 12.20 215.3

http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/Video-Sales.php?y=2004&type=3

rank title units gross
6 SM2 9.90 162.0

-----------------

Rank DVD Name Units Sold Sales Revenue Release Date

10 Spider-Man 3 6,845,349 $114,754, 482 10/30/2007

okay, proper research SM3 dvd sales IS down on SM2 dvd sales but it is worth remembering SM2 didn't have blu ray sales to cut into the dvd overall take.
SM3 was released on dvd and blu ray so blu ray would take away from the dvd overall figure.

its worth noting that SM3 did bigger numbers on dvd than star trek a movie that got critical acclaim and supposedly loved by the GA

6 Star Trek 6,046,855 $89,168,605 11/17/2009
I would have went into shock had SM3 DVD sales been greater than SM2.

However, that's still not bad (especially being bigger than Star Trek), I would have thought it was down a lot more. I could see them making a DVD just before the new film hits. But how much footage do they actually have. Raimi has always said that he uses most of what they shoot in the final product.

It could work if they release it as a packaged deal with SM1/SM2, and a full trailer and small interview with the new cast & crew from the reboot.

Last edited:
honestly them bringing in his parent's makes me wonder about ultimate's origin for the symbiote.
We are only getting three films from this reboot so the number of villains and potential story lines is sort of slim.

©KAW;19346184 said:
I would have went into shock had SM3 DVD sales been greater than SM2.

However, that's still not bad (especially being bigger than Star Trek), I would have thought it was down a lot more. I could see them making a DVD just before the new film hits. But how much footage do they actually have. Raimi has always said that he uses most of what they shoot in the final product.

It could work if they release it as a packaged deal with SM1/SM2, and a full trailer and small interview with the new cast & crew from the reboot.

I fully expect the triliogy to be released on blu ray in 2012 with lots of extras (as SM1 and SM1 didn't come with any). that said though sony are disgraceful with their releases, SSM season 2 is STILL no where to be seen on dvd.

©KAW;19346184 said:
But how much footage do they actually have. .

about 18 minutes of SM3, maybe 2 minutes of SM2, and about 7 or 8 of SM1.

But Dr. Jones, all three are on bluray.

Sweet. Is there a way I can watch the extras of SM3's Blu Ray?

^
If you have the 2 Disc SM3, that's all there really is. The only difference on the BR is that they're in Hi-Definition.

SO the special features of the Blu Ray aren't on youtube?

the annoying thing is sony is again releasing SM1 and SM2 on blu ray and they STILL aren't including any extras

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"