The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man Gets a Set of Parents and Another Villain

©KAW;19343333 said:
That's true in a lot of ways, but just because it hasn't, doesn't mean it can't. Sells were way down in the releasing of SM3's DVD, Spider-Man's biggest film to date. Should have been up there with the sells of SM2 or SM1's DVD.

When do they usually release these extra footage DVDs?

I would guess that we will see something in the dvd department from Sony before the release of this film in theatres. Not only does advertising SM3.1 on dvd make Sony money from dvd sales but it also advertises for the Spider-Man reboot in theatres by getting Spidey some prime real estate in stores and the name Spider-Man out and circulating again. It would be really rather smart of them to do that.

I would guess that we will see something in the dvd department from Sony before the release of this film in theatres. Not only does advertising SM3.1 on dvd make Sony money from dvd sales but it also advertises for the Spider-Man reboot in theatres by getting Spidey some prime real estate in stores and the name Spider-Man out and circulating again. It would be really rather smart of them to do that.
I don't know, guess we'll have to wait and see. That would mean a revisit to SM3, not so sure about that.

WB released the Batman Special Editions around the time Batman Begins was coming out, yes? They released all four films with deleted scenes, documentaries, etc. Spidey should get the same treatment, and that includes SM3...

Oh, and they did the same for Superman with Superman Returns' release.

Raimi actually said himself after SM3 that "SM4" would be the first time he would have full control. So no, he didn't have that in SM1 or SM2 either. Probably more than in SM3 however.
So what makes anyone believe that Webb will have full control. Come on guys... Webb was hired to do as he's told. He does not know much about Spiderman; other than, what is pushed on him... *cough* Ultimate *cough*.

All 3 of Raimi's films have been entertaining... Webb's film(s) will probably be entertaining. Doesn't mean we will like 'em... there will always be room for much more potential.

Webb has about as much control as Raimi did... and that's not much. That, is what he was hired for.

Last edited:
If he wants to be Sony's little b---- like Raimi, let him. It just means we have to wait until Marvel (no, phuck Marvel, Disney) take over and get their character back.

Well, Marvel getting the rights back does not guarantee success. Avi Arad was a "Marvel Guy", and look what he did, in particular...SM3.

Marvel is the worst/wrong company to own these great characters. It's a case where the characters are better than the company.

Except that Sony's track record >>>>>>>>> Fox's track record.

I wouldn't say they're THAT far ahead. Slightly ahead is the best I'd give'em.

Fox hasn't made a decent superhero movie since X2 and Sony hasn't since SM2. But Fox seems worse because they try(and fail) more often. Sony's made only 3 superhero films since SM2 and they still all sucked.

I'd trust Marvel Studios right now above just about any other company making these types of movies. They put out 3 in a row that didn't suck. That's a record in my book.

They should have had 15 in a row that didn't suck. They're in a position now, to not even say when their movies suck. Their name is on all of them, not just the ones released from Paramount. Sometimes you just need to open your damn mouth, lay out a plan on Marvel.com. what they would do if they had their characters at Marvel. I do blame Marvel, as well, for these films sucking. But they're getting their paycheck, so they're happy with the crappy. :o

Last edited:
©KAW;19343333 said:
Sells were way down in the releasing of SM3's DVD, Spider-Man's biggest film to date.

No they weren't. With people saying this like it was a fact I checked for myself and SM3 was the 2nd biggest DVD/blu ray of the year behind a disney/pixar movie. SM3 made more than SM2 on DVD/
Blu ray.

Let me see the link to that, that sounds crazy, more than SM2? Could I have underestimated the power of the dance.

I wouldn't say they're THAT far ahead. Slightly ahead is the best I'd give'em.

Fox hasn't made a decent superhero movie since X2 and Sony hasn't since SM2. But Fox seems worse because they try(and fail) more often. Sony's made only 3 superhero films since SM2 and they still all sucked.
When Fox fails, Fox fails hard. Sure, Spider-Man 3 is the ugly redheaded stepchild of the trilogy, but Gala-cumulus? Cyclops dying in the first 20 minutes of X-Men: TLS? Everything about Elektra? Baraka-pool? Sony's had their stinkers (see also: Ghost Rider) but nothing on the level of epic fail that is 20th Century Fox.

You forgot Sony's Hancock(boy was that aweful). Sure, it's not a Marvel movie but it is a superhero movie made by them.....that also sucks.

You forgot Sony's Hancock(boy was that aweful). Sure, it's not a Marvel movie but it is a superhero movie made by them.....that also sucks.
Yeah, I neglected the "original" superhero movies on both sides, but Hancock was pretty good for the first half. They just took it places where it didn't need to go.

©KAW;19343689 said:
I don't know, guess we'll have to wait and see. That would mean a revisit to SM3, not so sure about that.

I would love for one more trip to memory lane, in complete form (by way of added scenes, and all, that is) before prepping for the reboot.

I would love to see an 3.1 of SM3. Perhaps with the footage, someone can make a good edit of the film. What was the original running time of the first cut of the third film?

I think originally they said it was around 2 hours and 45 to 2 hours and 50 minutes of footage I think. 20 or so minutes were cut from the theatrical release, IIRC.

©KAW;19344866 said:
Let me see the link to that, that sounds crazy, more than SM2? Could I have underestimated the power of the dance.

http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/Video-Sales.php?y=2002&type=3

rank title units gross
2 SM1 12.20 215.3

http://www.leesmovieinfo.net/Video-Sales.php?y=2004&type=3

rank title units gross
6 SM2 9.90 162.0

-----------------

Rank DVD Name Units Sold Sales Revenue Release Date

10 Spider-Man 3 6,845,349 $114,754, 482 10/30/2007

okay, proper research SM3 dvd sales IS down on SM2 dvd sales but it is worth remembering SM2 didn't have blu ray sales to cut into the dvd overall take.
SM3 was released on dvd and blu ray so blu ray would take away from the dvd overall figure.

its worth noting that SM3 did bigger numbers on dvd than star trek a movie that got critical acclaim and supposedly loved by the GA

6 Star Trek 6,046,855 $89,168,605 11/17/2009

Last edited:
SM2.1 came out right before SM3.1 and as someone else mentioned they came out with all the Batman and Superman movies right before the reboots hit theatres. We will see a director's cut or an extended edition of SM3.

honestly them bringing in his parent's makes me wonder about ultimate's origin for the symbiote.

Yeah, I neglected the "original" superhero movies on both sides, but Hancock was pretty good for the first half. They just took it places where it didn't need to go.

rig95j.jpg

'I said my movie would take you places. I didn't say they'd be places you wanted to go.'

honestly them bringing in his parent's makes me wonder about ultimate's origin for the symbiote.

Which is a better origin than the Secret Wars or meteorite or space shuttle origins put together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"