Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

For some reason the show is just pitch black now when I try to watch it. Worked perfectly last week...this week....just audio.

Much better episode than the last two. Back to being good. FINALLY someone convinced the Borg of a better way.

For some reason the show is just pitch black now when I try to watch it. Worked perfectly last week...this week....just audio.

Torrent file? If yes, I've had that happen occasionally, recently when trying to stream the file from my computer to the VLC Player on my Series X through my home wi-fi. Had to transfer the file on to a flash drive because at some time the picture would go black and only audio would be heard. Restarting the player would work but it would happen again.

Last edited:
Torrent file? If yes, I've had that happen occasionally, recently when trying to stream the file from my computer to the VLC Player on my Series X through my home wi-fi. Had to transfer the file on to a flash drive because at some time the picture would go black and only audio would be heard. Restarting the player would work but it would happen again.

I wish lol. I'm paying for P+ lol

I wish lol. I'm paying for P+ lol
Well there's your problem. :rimshot:

Seriously though that does sound like a bug or glitch somewhere in either your app or their encoding which failed to properly show the video. I have heard of that happening before and usually they get it fixed quickly.

Weekly check-in. Show still sucks, that is all.
If you are watching the show and it "still sucks" perhaps not watching it might be the best way to spend your time. Not like there is suddenly a shortage of other shows to watch.

(Re: 2x09)

"Previously, in this episode of Star Trek: Picard..." Characters recap and explain things for the audience a lot in this show. And we're walking...

So, I guess we know now why Jean-Luc is uncomfortable around children: they're like a mirror reminding him of the guilt he feels for his mother's death. Yvette's death has got to be part of why Robert disliked Jean-Luc so much, too.

I guess Robert's son Rene is the one mentioned who must still die, to preserve Jean-Luc's personal timeline and all the wider galactic and temporal events that developed from it.

I'm kind of wondering if the Chateau Picard fire was entirely an accident, or if self-harm by one of Yvette's descendants played a role.

Next week, Tallinn (who has more than just the one name, of course) is going to need to go into suspended animation or something, so that she can watch over Jean-Luc and thereby ensure Renee's presence on the Europa mission. (And also to prevent her from violating the Temporal Prime Directive by using any future knowledge she might have picked up to save Romulus.)

Captain Rios will be Tallinn's replacement on 2024 Earth, assigned to counter the plots of Colonel Green. Rios will get the best of both worlds: a high-technology secret society, and all the aspects of 21st Century life that he's discovered he really likes. He won't be able to let World War III happen the way he learned in history class, so he'll break the rules when necessary. Teresa will be the Roberta Lincoln to Rios's Gary Seven. Guinan's bar will be a meeting place for agents and other people in the know. All the makings of a series.

(Re: 2x09)

"Previously, in this episode of Star Trek: Picard..." Characters recap and explain things for the audience a lot in this show. And we're walking...

So, I guess we know now why Jean-Luc is uncomfortable around children: they're like a mirror reminding him of the guilt he feels for his mother's death. Yvette's death has got to be part of why Robert disliked Jean-Luc so much, too.

I guess Robert's son Rene is the one mentioned who must still die, to preserve Jean-Luc's personal timeline and all the wider galactic and temporal events that developed from it.

I'm kind of wondering if the Chateau Picard fire was entirely an accident, or if self-harm by one of Yvette's descendants played a role.

Next week, Tallinn (who has more than just the one name, of course) is going to need to go into suspended animation or something, so that she can watch over Jean-Luc and thereby ensure Renee's presence on the Europa mission. (And also to prevent her from violating the Temporal Prime Directive by using any future knowledge she might have picked up to save Romulus.)

Captain Rios will be Tallinn's replacement on 2024 Earth, assigned to counter the plots of Colonel Green. Rios will get the best of both worlds: a high-technology secret society, and all the aspects of 21st Century life that he's discovered he really likes. He won't be able to let World War III happen the way he learned in history class, so he'll break the rules when necessary. Teresa will be the Roberta Lincoln to Rios's Gary Seven. Guinan's bar will be a meeting place for agents and other people in the know. All the makings of a series.

The idea of Rene and co death in Generation not as an accident but instead something more, gives me chills and makes me feel uneasy, like they were always destined to die?!

As sad I be if Rios stays in 21st Century, your show outline for a back door pilot for Rios as an Agent I’m all for and didn’t know I needed.

Well there's your problem. :rimshot:

Seriously though that does sound like a bug or glitch somewhere in either your app or their encoding which failed to properly show the video. I have heard of that happening before and usually they get it fixed quickly.

If you are watching the show and it "still sucks" perhaps not watching it might be the best way to spend your time. Not like there is suddenly a shortage of other shows to watch.

Nope, I like star trek that much I will sit through crap. Also I like to finish what I started.
For the person above with the video problem I have a few questions to help troubleshoot your problem.
Are you watching disney plus on a pc or tv app? Do you have a wired or wireless connection? What is your app setting on? You could be having a problem with the steam because of the type of connection you are using. If you lower the stream quality you might see a difference. Also try an update to see if you have all the necessary updates for your video drivers, if you are on a pc. On a tv look for an update to your tv and the app itself. On a tv the wired connection is best, if you are using wifi try lowering the stream setting. You can also close the app completely on your tv and turn the tv off and pull the power for 20 seconds. Then restart the tv and app. Anyway those are a few things to try.

3533332D-5DD5-4637-A5D8-E69696689B08.jpeg C6DB8DA9-6A40-4851-AA9F-65A1167EFCB3.jpeg
A lot to unpack in this week's episode, this week's defo made up for last weeks that's for sure.
The retcon to Picard's Mother was bittersweet, we all saw it coming but actually seeing it was heartbreaking for Picard (also why this week about Mothers and the trauma they put on to there kids, first Moon Knight and now Picard). It makes sense why Picard the way he is, why he never married why him and Beverly never got together, it's because the last time he truly lived someone he lost them. So that grief stayed with him and made him feel he could never truly let himself love someone fully. It's so sad, also explains why he offish and uncomfortable around kids as his childhood was cut short.
21st Century Borg Seal Team was an interesting idea, but being assimilated took away there skills I think, not as much of a unit as they were hinted at last week.
I'm stressing we gonna lose Rios to the 21st Century next week.

Now the Borg elephant in the room: the idea that the Borg have just been "lonely" is an interesting reveal and makes sense in away how it could be changed and pervert over the centuries to becomes domination and there quest for perfection. The idea that it's all been a paradox from the beginning is a mind****, that Jurati Queen is defo the Borg Queen from Episode 1 of Season 2 is clever and is the reason why Q got involved: 1) to save Picard and 2) to put him on trial for his actions. That he killed an innocent being putting out there hands in peace:

"You've been talking a lot about second chances. Well, my friend, welcome to the very end of the road not taken."

The idea next week that it properly link back to the moment Picard activates the self destruct, it looks like Picard will have to allow Jurati Queen to "assimilate" the fleet which will properly give the fleet more advanced technology and start a new era of Federation and Borg alliance and could allow Seven to join Starfleet (also on a side note Starfleet how dare you not allow Seven to join, shame on you!!!).
The last 2 Seasons of Picard have been trying to redeem The Borg, Season 1 shown the XB as victims and suffering from PTSD, and now Season 2 shows what if The Borg changed there way and do it the right way, what they could be is so much more.

Weekly check-in. Show still sucks, that is all.
Agreed. I hate how the writers have completely ignored the fact that Picard has an older brother. As far as I can tell, they haven't even made one reference to him...

(Re: 2x04, "Watcher")

The fact that in Egyptian tradition Isis is a moon goddess seems particularly relevant as we near the end of this season's Assignment: Earth plot. I'm wondering if the show plans to reveal something about Guinan's dog Luna.

Maybe Number One (the dog) is the same kind of being, assigned as a familiar to Picard's watcher Laris the way Isis was to Gary Seven.

As sad I be if Rios stays in 21st Century, your show outline for a back door pilot for Rios as an Agent I’m all for and didn’t know I needed.

Thanks. Rios' situation reminds me of Kirk's advice to Picard in Generations: "Don't let them promote you." Kirk was talking about promotion from Captain to Admiral, and for Rios I think promotion to Captain (of a large ship like the Stargazer) is the soul-deadening big life mistake that he needs to steer clear of.

What a waste of Patrick Stewart (and Jeri Ryan) this show turned out to be. I don't have much hope that next season's TNG reunion will be good.

So, based on the spoilers

Jurati just stole Boimler's test results

What a waste of Patrick Stewart (and Jeri Ryan) this show turned out to be. I don't have much hope that next season's TNG reunion will be good.

At least we didn't have too much Evan Evagora and Isa Briones this season who were the weakest cast members.

FYI, now that Trek has its own forum, feel free to create episode threads in the future. Just be sure to select the the "Picard" prefix when you make the thread.

Loved the finale, especially at the end. The Picard and Q conversations, confirming what we knew already in the last TNG episodes he was in. Seeing Wil Wheaton again (Sheldon Cooper would have hated this) and the Borg with a peaceful purpose.

(Re: 2x10)

Okay, since the show went where it did with Adam's secret file, and assuming there are no simple coincidences, I've got to wonder why the writers named Teresa's son Ricardo in particular (and not Jorge or Carlos or Jose or any other Hispanic name). Like, maybe they're hinting at his father's identity, or that he was kept frozen as an embryo for a few decades until a nice young couple were tricked with the promise of a new fertility treatment.

Y'all see where I'm going with this, right?

Ricardo is either Khan's son or Khan himself.

Last edited:
They didn't say what Elnor drank, but he is a security officer, so I think we know.

Like season one, this was disappointing. Started out pretty good, though. Nostalgia will have me watching season 3, but I'm not expecting much.

Only Seven of Nine and Raffi will return for Picard's 3rd season. The rest are gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"