• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

What a waste of Patrick Stewart (and Jeri Ryan) this show turned out to be. I don't have much hope that next season's TNG reunion will be good.

Agree to disagree

I think Seven was written better in this series than she was in much of Voyager and I say that as someone who loves Seven and who has seen all of Voyager. I think her charactes plotline in this season was beautiful and heartwarming and felt truly satisfying as part of Seven's journey.

And I think Patrick Stewart has been phenomenal in this series. Like his cameo as Professor X in Dr Strange: MOM I think Picard is a character who he just effortlessly steps back into the shoes of and its like no time has passed at all.

Loved the finale, especially at the end. The Picard and Q conversations, confirming what we knew already in the last TNG episodes he was in. Seeing Wil Wheaton again (Sheldon Cooper would have hated this) and the Borg with a peaceful purpose.

WHEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

RMB said on Campea's show today that he's seen "something" from Picard season 3 and to his amazement, he loved it! He called it the Top Gun Maverick of Star Trek. He has never seen such a turn in quality before.

Okay season 2 down. And you know what, I really enjoyed it. It lacks so much of the bleakness that was found in season 1. Q was great, and god damn, I loved that final conversation with Picard. I mean fun Q with an actually good Borg plot? Hell yes. Rafi and Seven were amazing together, and together together, if you know what I mean. I loved them. And the music was top notch. Taking so much from the First Contact score, I loved it. I can understand if people didn't like it, but I really did.

Give me a Stargazer spinoff, with Captain Seven, her wife Rafi, their son Elnor, and more.

Damn, silver hair Worf looks nice. Whole cast looks great. Also, those leather uniforms are interesting.

I guarantee someone from the show will mention how TNG didn't get good till S3. That doesn't apply to this show, because it was only meant for three seasons.

:whatever::whatever::whatever:

Season 2 was an improvement. The tone was much more enjoyable. And as a DS9 fan, this cast gets a send off the DS9 crew will never get now.

:whatever::whatever::whatever:

Season 2 was an improvement. The tone was much more enjoyable. And as a DS9 fan, this cast gets a send off the DS9 crew will never get now.
Kurtzman has been talking about bringing back some DS9 characters.
You Never Know.

Kurtzman has been talking about bringing back some DS9 characters.
You Never Know.

Doesn't change the fact that 2 key characters can't return for a reunion. Without Rene Auberjoinis and Aron Eisenberg, a reunion will have to be bittersweet, no matter the story.

Doesn't change the fact that 2 key characters can't return for a reunion. Without Rene Auberjoinis and Aron Eisenberg, a reunion will have to be bittersweet, no matter the story.
Oh, I certainly agree with that.
I was just saying that the door isn't completely closed on DS9.

If they bring any Ds9 characters I would think Chief O'brien since he was on TNG.

Dan Murrell did a pretty good video essay of the latest season that I think was fair, though very critical.

Dan Murrell did a pretty good video essay of the latest season that I think was fair, though very critical.
Pretty interesting analysis — especially his distinction between “alternate reality” vs. “alternate timeline.” I guess because I’m not intimately familiar with TNG (haven’t rewatched episodes in several years), I didn’t really notice issues to do with continuity or thematic consistency. Indeed, with these new Trek shows, I just assume strict continuity isn’t the highest concern. My non-expert assessment of Picard S2: it had a promising start, but got progressively more confusing and convoluted. Still slightly better, on balance, than S1. IMO.

Neat, they aren't ignoring the Luna-class Titan. And even having a new ship get a letter designation.

Lower Decks is so blowing up the original Titan.

Robert Meyer Burnett seems to have seen a lot of this and he just said on Campea's show that the first episode alone is proof, how good this season is.

Robert Meyer Burnett seems to have seen a lot of this and he just said on Campea's show that the first episode alone is proof, how good this season is.
All we can do is wait and see. I have to see it for myself.

They Sovreign'ed up the Constitution class. The idea is nice in theory. Could use a few more tweaks, though. Probably getting an Enterprise F in this class.

They Sovreign'ed up the Constitution class. The idea is nice in theory. Could use a few more tweaks, though. Probably getting an Enterprise F in this class.
That's an insult to the Sovereign class. :o

This reminds me more of the hotrodding of the Kelvin timeline designs except using the refit Constitution class as the basis instead of the TOS Constitution. The massive impulse engine assembly on the back of the saucer just completely ruins the lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"