Picard Star Trek: Picard - General Discussion Thread

Well we have a bit of a mystery setup, any thoughts on the scene with Jack? What this leads to?
The scene has all the trappings of an Orb experience, and the "Connect the branches" image makes me think of the mycelial network.

I wonder if there is a new great link on this side of the wormhole now. For this new faction.

The scene has all the trappings of an Orb experience, and the "Connect the branches" image makes me think of the mycelial network.

Was Lore what The Changelings stole from the Daystrom Institute?! Or is somehow Lore and Moriarty TNG Crew saviours? As in what the best defence against Changelings?! To have something that’s can’t be replicated, something you know can’t be used by a Changelings?!

Also could Jack be a lost Changeling? Like Odo? I know he wouldn’t be affected by the gas if he was, but if he thinks his human, he could well be affected by things that would hurt humans, like a placebo effect? Would explain the trippy scene with 7 and the branches?!

The question now is how does Vadic fit into all this? Is she just working for The Changelings? Is Vadic a Changeling herself, and her Crew a variant of Jem’Hadar? Or is a creation of The Changelings: a deadly version of a Vorta?!! Or is this a Supergroup of Starfleet enemies coming all together to form a new Alliance?!

Was Lore what The Changelings stole from the Daystrom Institute?! Or is somehow Lore and Moriarty TNG Crew saviours?
Lore and Q are the Lokis of TNG, so I expect not a full turnabout from Lore but some amount of overlap of Lore’s interests with the heroes’.

RMB said on Campea's show today that episodes 1-4 form Act 1, episodes 5-8 Act 2 and episodes 9 & 10 Act 3.

While discussing how much I’m enjoying Captain Liam Shaw and how he becoming my new fave Trek character, I thought why not do a Top 5 of my fave New Trek Characters:

5) Saru
4) Cleveland Booker aka Book (and Grudge!!!)
3) Gabriel Lorca
2) Cristóbal Rios

Honourable Mentions:

*Ash Tyler
*Philippa Georgiou (Mirror)
*Katrina Cornwell
*Carl (Guardian of Forever)
*Leland
*Hemmer
*Brad Boimler
*Jack Ransom
*Jaylah
*Elnor
*Craft
*Jack Crusher
*Linus

1) Captain Liam Shaw

Who’s your fave New Trek character?

Last edited:
This is a video paramount put out for the changelings. I put it in spoilers because if you haven't seen DS9 this will spoil a lot of the best stuff.

I was going to wait until everything had aired before I binged this, but decided to watch Ep1 and that was it. I geeked out until 3AM when I finally got through Ep4. :funny:

Sure, they're doing the nostalgia thing and using some older story lines, but, I Fing love this show and think, up to now, it's one of the better ST shows in quite awhile.

I was going to wait until everything had aired before I binged this, but decided to watch Ep1 and that was it. I geeked out until 3AM when I finally got through Ep4. :funny:

Sure, they're doing the nostalgia thing and using some older story lines, but, I Fing love this show and think, up to now, it's one of the better ST shows in quite awhile.
I really didn't like season 1 or 2, but other than some concerns about this re-hashing Wrath of Khan, season 3 has been a massive improvement. Also, if you thought the previous seasons of this were one of the best Trek series in quite a while, I take it you haven't watched Lower Decks or Strange New Worlds. Lower Decks is bloody amazing, especially for any older fans:

Not to mention, Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds will be having a crossover.

Which I am beyond HYPED about.

I really didn't like season 1 or 2, but other than some concerns about this re-hashing Wrath of Khan, season 3 has been a massive improvement. Also, if you thought the previous seasons of this were one of the best Trek series in quite a while, I take it you haven't watched Lower Decks or Strange New Worlds. Lower Decks is bloody amazing, especially for any older fans:

I was talking about season 3. That’s what I meant by “this show”. Loved SNW and never watch animated stuff. I don’t know what it is about it, but I don’t like it. Probably the fact that my daughter had me watch Shrek and The Lion King upwards of maybe 5 billion times. I might try it, but the last animated movie/show I liked was “UP”.

I was talking about season 3. That’s what I meant by “this show”. Loved SNW and never watch animated stuff. I don’t know what it is about it, but I don’t like it. Probably the fact that my daughter had me watch Shrek and The Lion King upwards of maybe 5 billion times. I might try it, but the last animated movie/show I liked was “UP”.
Lower Decks is not kid focused animation like Shrek or The Lion King. It is more like The Simpson or Futurama of Star Trek. Basically, it is an adult animation comedy about Star Trek from its biggest fans. The show is a love letter to classic Trek while poking fun at it. If you watched TNG, DS9, Voyager, the TOS movies etc. back in the day, you will love it. The in-jokes are the deepest cuts ever.

S3 has sure been a huge improvement on S1 and S2. Sure, the starship hiding in a nebula/dust cloud/asteroid field/delete as applicable* has been done before, but it's just a joy seeing some of the TNG characters interact again and to have some real tension between them. And hopefully more to come once they bring Geordi, Lore etc back in too.

Absolutely amazing episode last night
introducing ro was perfect and her death was a gut punch great performances by everyone

I need Amanda Schull, Barbara Sukowa, and Emily Hampshire cameos now, Matalas.

I'm liking the fan theory that Laas (could be the "floating face" big boss Vadic was talking too) and the other "Hundred Changelings" could be this new Terrorist Faction of Changelings.

But I'm thinking a tad left field but what happened to the Female Changeling? She did agreed to stand for war crimes, was she released and return to The Great Link after the Treaty of Bajor? Or is she still in Prison?! Or what if she's the person that was broken out of Daystrom Institute?! Or more left field what if Jack Crusher is actually the Female Changeling?!!

This train of thought been on my mind A LOT recently, what you think? Am I over thinking this? Or could there be some truth in this?!!

My head cannon for lower decks is that it's someone (probably Boimler) recapping the Cerritos' adventures in a bar someplace. It explains some of the sensationalism, and allows for the cannon to be a little looser. Honestly I'd love to get a background shot of Jack Quaid in uniform being carried out of a bar in Picard to make that full cannon.

As for Picard, I liked season 1, except for how they ultimately ended it with Picard's status. Season 2 was Star Trek IV but not as good, which stinks because I really like Q. Season 3 seem more like what we were hoping for since the first announcement of the show.

Last edited:
My head cannon for lower decks is that it's someone (probably Boimler) recapping the Cerritos' adventures in a bar someplace. It explains some of the sensationalism, and allows for the cannon to be a little looser.
Ooh, I like that. I think you're right. The series literally begins with Boimler dramatically embellishing a log entry about the Cerritos' mission.

My head cannon for lower decks is that it's someone (probably Boimler) recapping the Cerritos' adventures in a bar someplace. It explains some of the sensationalism, and allows for the cannon to be a little looser. Honestly I'd love to get a background shot of Jack Quaid in uniform being carried out of a bar in Picard to make that full cannon.

As for Picard, I liked season 1, except for how they ultimately ended it with Picard's status. Season 2 was Star Trek IV but not as good, which stinks because I really like Q. Season 3 seem more like what we were hoping for since the first announcement of the show.

This needs to be canon now!!!

A big reason to be excited for the next episode. I already love Sydney.

That cameo last episode was a nice surprise in a world where everything gets spoiled, I just wish it had been handled differently.

Any ideas what's happening with Jack? Is he another chosen one like Burnham? Some weird genetic mutation/experiment?

This reminded me about some thoughts I have been having about where Geordi is going to come into all of this. Since it has been mentioned that Geordi is the curator of the Fleet Museum and @Perfect Cell very aptly reminded me of that reference in the premiere that the Enterprise-F is being decommissioned, I'm assuming that it is being decommissioned to the Fleet Museum and we are probably going to get some sort of Star Trek III homage with the TNG crew having to steal the Enterprise-F from the Fleet Museum later in the season.

Any ideas what's happening with Jack? Is he another chosen one like Burnham? Some weird genetic mutation/experiment?
I think Jack's situation resembles Bob's from Needle (1950) by Hal Clement. The changelings have found a way to bond with solids, to increase the capabilities of both parties. Jack has unknowingly been carrying one (probably a fugitive). Worf is in a similar partnership, willingly, with one of the good changelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"