Strange New Worlds Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - General Discussion Thread

I've only had it two weeks, and I've barely opened the box (just to make sure it's all there really).

I have purchased the paints, sprays and a paint brush for those finer details. I'll probably make an actual start on it early next week because of the holidays. The light kit is essentially pre-set, all I've got to do is follow the placement instructions and it's practically plug and play, though (having read a few reviews about it) it might not quite be as easy as I expect.

Trial and error...

Which lockdown number do you anticipate you'll have it finished by?

Which lockdown number do you anticipate you'll have it finished by?
Haha, well at this rate, I'll have probably purchased an entire fleet by the time there's no more lockdowns. :p

I want this to be a little and often project, so I'm not going to blast my way through it to get it done. I'm going to take my time and do it right, photographing along the way. I've already got some ideas on how to make it that little bit more unique so stay tuned.

The biggest obstacle I think might just be getting a custom ship name and registry, but we'll see how that goes closer to the time. I've decided I'm going to go with NCC-1725 at least. Just need a ship name to accompany.

Haha, well at this rate, I'll have probably purchased an entire fleet by the time there's no more lockdowns. :p

I want this to be a little and often project, so I'm not going to blast my way through it to get it done. I'm going to take my time and do it right, photographing along the way. I've already got some ideas on how to make it that little bit more unique so stay tuned.

The biggest obstacle I think might just be getting a custom ship name and registry, but we'll see how that goes closer to the time. I've decided I'm going to go with NCC-1725 at least. Just need a ship name to accompany.

USS Lockdown. :o

Or USS Corona.

USS Lockdown. :o

Or USS Corona.
Hah, too obvious. The three names I've got floating around in my head at the moment are...
  • USS Resolute (from the Lost in Space show)
  • USS Ark Royal (named after the HMS Ark Royal of the British Navy)
  • USS Rocinate (from the ship in the Expanse tv series)

Where's Dr Phillip Boyce from the original Cage pilot? And what about Yeoman Colt or Lieutenant Tyler?

I thought this started production forever ago....oops.

I would like to see them adapt stories from the Star Trek novels or the comic series Early Voyages.

I want the Enterprise meet its predecessor, Enterprise NX-01, and explain how Zefram Cochrane went from the 21st Century to the 23rd Century. Remember the Star Trek novel, Federation.

I'm really not sold on this episode of the week format. I just don't think it transitions well with the current generation. I know ST: Discovery & ST: Picard are more seasonal in their story-telling, but to not have that seasonal arc, I can't help but worry that it'll be the proverbial nail in this shows coffin.

I'm really not sold on this episode of the week format. I just don't think it transitions well with the current generation. I know ST: Discovery & ST: Picard are more seasonal in their story-telling, but to not have that seasonal arc, I can't help but worry that it'll be the proverbial nail in this shows coffin.

It will have a seasonal arc like the Orville. But it will also be episodic like the Orville instead of one main story for the whole season like STD or STP. They'll visit new worlds and new civilisations each week and have different stories.

It won't be episodic like the original Star Trek in which it could, on the whole, be shown almost in any order and one bit of character development would be lost from one week to the next. The impact of what happens in one episode of Strange New Worlds will still be felt in the next and down the line, but they're not going to be just mainly investigating a single phenomenon like the Burn or the Red Angel all season.

It won't be episodic like the original Star Trek in which it could, on the whole, be shown almost in any order and one bit of character development would be lost from one week to the next. The impact of what happens in one episode of Strange New Worlds will still be felt in the next and down the line, but they're not going to be just mainly investigating a single phenomenon like the Burn or the Red Angel all season.
I can live with this. I wonder what the Klingons will look like. o_O

I can't imagine it will happen because I don't think they meet said species until TOS, but it would be great to see a Gorn or Tholian episode.

I can live with this. I wonder what the Klingons will look like. o_O

I can't imagine it will happen because I don't think they meet said species until TOS, but it would be great to see a Gorn or Tholian episode.

Depends if they go by STD continuity or Enterprise continuity (which ended up making them more like Klingons from the original series when they were given an antidote for a Kronosvirus).

It will have a seasonal arc like the Orville. But it will also be episodic like the Orville instead of one main story for the whole season like STD or STP. They'll visit new worlds and new civilisations each week and have different stories.

I can live with that too! I much prefer there being an overall arc for the season, but having smaller side stories should keep it from getting stale.

Depends if they go by STD continuity or Enterprise continuity (which ended up making them more like Klingons from the original series when they were given an antidote for a Kronosvirus).

I would prefer the Enterprise-version. If I recall correctly, not all the Klingons were hit with the virus, so they could do two versions of them.

I like the uniforms. Surprised about having young versions of Uhura and Chapel.

Interesting they're including Dr M'Benga in this. He was in the original series but more in the background. He treated the crew when they were dying of old age, including Dr McCoy. But if he was around before Bones then how come he wasn't Chief Medical Officer instead? And what happened to Dr Phillip Boyce? Did he retire or transfer off the Enterprise?

Oh my gosh this looks so fun! I literally can’t wait. I’m so excited to see Uhura again. I hope they do better with her than what happened with the movies

It's a good ensemble, though I'm honestly stoked to see they're going to use the Aenar again, and the character has been cast from an actual blind actor (right?).

Interesting they're including Dr M'Benga in this. He was in the original series but more in the background. He treated the crew when they were dying of old age, including Dr McCoy. But if he was around before Bones then how come he wasn't Chief Medical Officer instead? And what happened to Dr Phillip Boyce? Did he retire or transfer off the Enterprise?
Maybe McCoy was better experienced? Or something happens to M'Benga that knocks his confidence?

It's good they're thrusting new life into old characters, but sometimes it's just best to use new ones. Why Uhura?

Oh my gosh this looks so fun! I literally can’t wait. I’m so excited to see Uhura again. I hope they do better with her than what happened with the movies
Here's hoping she's not getting pounded by logic this time around.

Im just interested to see how dedicated they are to fitting this in the main ST universe and how things line up compared to ST:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"