• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strange New Worlds Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - General Discussion Thread

I love the idea of going back to an ensemble piece. I love discovery but I think it’s a bit too “the Captain is the main character” type of storytelling to the point where the Captain is almost like a messiah

I love the idea of going back to an ensemble piece. I love discovery but I think it’s a bit too “the Captain is the main character” type of storytelling to the point where the Captain is almost like a messiah
I think Discovery started that way, as it was very much a Michael show, but as the seasons went on, and the other characters were more involved, it became less so.

Don't get me wrong, she's still a prominent focus (and apparent saviour of the federation/universe), but less than she was. TOS was (mostly) about Kirk and Spock, and to a slightly lesser degree, McCoy. TNG was more an ensemble show, and DS9 expanded on that. VOY kinda' took a slight backseat, and then ENT kinda' gave the characters of Hoshi, Reed & Mayweather the short straw.

I think it looks great.

Looks good. Looks really cinematic too. Will definitely give the first season a look.

Looking great as I can't wait for the original Enterprise 1701 to fly once more in the small screens regularly since TOS.

Good to see Cullen Bohannon back in the saddle. :D

This looks so fun, I just keep getting more and more excited for it

Oh, this teaser didn't really show anything, but still got me excited. Already feels like we're hopefully back to classic Trek (which of course could be totally wrong lol).

Not a bad teaser. Tone looks good so far, and Mount's Pike is a gem. Glad about the episodic plots/serialized character arcs thing too.

It certainly feels like the most "positive" Star Trek tv show of the modern era. Which is why it maybe feels the most Trek lol

Has there been any confirmation as to whether Kirk is going to show up on this show? I know there were rumors. I don’t think he needs to (and canonically it probably wouldn’t make sense) but I’m just curious.

Talk about coincidences and fates. Great casting as he looks a cross between Shatner and Pine. I'm thinking Kirk is commanding another vessel before the Enterprise so they're exploring a Kirk before the Enterprise.

I'm betting Strange New Worlds could lead to the rebooted Original Series with Paul Wesley and Ethan Peck. We may get Kirk's first mission as Enterprise Captain and final mission before promoted to Admiral.

It's funny that William Shatner was 35 when he originated the role. The character was like 32? Paul is 39 playing a what? 28 year old Kirk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"