Rebels Star Wars Rebels Season 4: An Open Discussion

Based on fanfiction and random speculation. Which is what the SW fandom is all about. :o

Based on fanfiction and random speculation. Which is what the SW fandom is all about. :o

Which is what led us to the Snoke is Plagueis garbage. I still have PMs in my inbox after Force Awakens came out saying how "this and this" proves Snoke is Plageuis.

They need to just put out a James Luceno or Timothy Zahn novel explaining Snoke, kill the theories once and for all.

On the note of villains, Ian McDiarmid and Lars Mikkelsen were fantastic here.

The presentation of Palpatine was great. I don't know if he was using the force to project himself in his pre-disfigured form, but that idea is exactly what I wanted from him in the prequels instead of what we got. Using the force to physically mask his true self to then reveal himself at the moment of Anakin's turn.

Palpatine's appearance was really well done here, along with the Royal Guards finally getting to fight and use their force pikes. I always wondered what Force Pikes were supposed to do.

Kanan and Hera were obviously getting busy behind closed doors well before he rejoined the Cosmic Force.

Also, to whoever leaked that Q&A from the world premiere. Shame on you.

Palpatine's appearance was really well done here, along with the Royal Guards finally getting to fight and use their force pikes. I always wondered what Force Pikes were supposed to do.

They seemed to be like Grievous' guards in different clothes. Not sure if they're supposed to be human.

That was a satisfying finale.

I am all in for Ahsoka and Sabine looking for Ezra and Thrawn in the Unknown Regions. Loved Palpatine altering his look to tempt Ezra. I imagine similar techniques are used in general addresses to the public. Pity they couldn't spring for the cloaks of the Royal Guards, but oh well. Really glad I started reading Thrawn, so I caught some of the issues between Pryce and Azadi. Loved Sabine's future armor. And I loved all the callbacks to previous episodes. Very fitting.

Life finds a way apparently. I'm sure the Force didn't hurt. But I have... questions about how the genetics worked in that... Though that would probably explain why Hera was at the training facility post Yavin 4.

And good to see Zeb/Kallus was endgame, even taking him to see the parents...

Idk what to make of this Thrawn stuff. I assumed his new book would be set after these events on Lothal. I didn't expect his "exile" in the new canon to be caused by Ezra. Im glad the Ghost Crew survived aside from Kanan. Ahsoka looks like a true space wizard. I hope her staff can channel the Force like a wizard's staff can channel magic. Make her a full space wizard.:D I wonder what she has been up to? She has this regal wise warrior vibe now. Not like a Jedi. Somehow different.

About Kanan and Ezra's kid. We can't expect every hybrid child to look the same. Look at the diversity in humans from multirace parents. Kids born from one black parent and one white parent. Some kids have light skin and dark hair and eyes. Some have dark skin and bright blue eyes. I would expect the same for interspecies children. Some Twihuman children get more twilek features like the kids in TCW and some take after the human parent like Jacen Syndulla.

Last edited:
Let's all now speculate on the likelyhood of Jacen Syndulla being at Luke's Jedi Academy with Kylo...

Well I guess this makes it clearer that the Vader/Thrawn book takes place before Rebels.

Was surprised about Zeb and Kallus surviving, but thought it was cool the way they handled it to give Kallus that resolution.

Personally, a little disappointed about Sabine just apparently hanging out while the rebellion was taking place? Dunno.. hope we get more info on that. Also found it odd that there was no return to Mandalore or other reference for her.

I did think her narrating what happened was kinda cool. Just a different way of telling the story which I think could be a pretty interesting way to tell SW stories because it could be used to fill in the gaps that the (usually) fast storytelling (from the movies) typically leverages.

Oh yeah... whatever happened to AP7?

And thought Hondo was handled really well in this episode... not too over the top, and his true 'character' was shown. Although that being said, as I watched, I couldn't help but think of his introduction in TCW and how much he had, how on top of things he was with his band of pirates.

Let's all now speculate on the likelyhood of Jacen Syndulla being at Luke's Jedi Academy with Kylo...

This ending is really uplifting...and heart breaking. The Ghost crew and the Rebellion fight their asses off and win and it's all happy and ends on a high note, and then I remember what's coming. Ben Solo's fall, the destruction of Luke's Jedi, the annihilation of the Hosnian system, the fall of the New Republic, Snoke, the First Order...It's just sad to think about all the horrible **** that these characters will see again in their lifetimes. And the thought that Jacen may end up at Luke's academy...

mrw-the-ask-toolbar-sneaks-onto-my-computer-by-accident-54495.gif

This ending is really uplifting...and heart breaking. The Ghost crew and the Rebellion fight their asses off and win and it's all happy and ends on a high note, and then I remember what's coming. Ben Solo's fall, the destruction of Luke's Jedi, the annihilation of the Hosnian system, the fall of the New Republic, Snoke, the First Order...It's just sad to think about all the horrible **** that these characters will see again in their lifetimes. And the thought that Jacen may end up at Luke's academy...

mrw-the-ask-toolbar-sneaks-onto-my-computer-by-accident-54495.gif
Lothal is still Ok though...for now... ;)

As for Jacen Syndulla/Dume/Jarrus, that's just speculation he goes to Luke's academy because his father was Kanan. Who says he trains to become a Jedi? Rey's parents weren't Force users, and she's strong in the Force. Just because his father was a Jedi doesn't mean he will be or has to be.

Then again, Lucas' original intent was that pretty much anyone could master the use of the Force if you took the time to learn.

Are we supposed to assume Ahsoka returned from the void after the Battle of Endor?

Last edited:
That was a satisfying finale.

I am all in for Ahsoka and Sabine looking for Ezra and Thrawn in the Unknown Regions. Loved Palpatine altering his look to tempt Ezra. I imagine similar techniques are used in general addresses to the public. Pity they couldn't spring for the cloaks of the Royal Guards, but oh well. Really glad I started reading Thrawn, so I caught some of the issues between Pryce and Azadi. Loved Sabine's future armor. And I loved all the callbacks to previous episodes. Very fitting.

They aren't looking for Thrawn. They are looking for Ezra. I doubt they care about finding Thrawn. Thrawn could be purrgil food for all we know. Or maybe he's still alive and somehow made it back to the galaxy at large and became Supreme Leader Snoke ;)

The reason Snoke is deformed is because that's what happens to a Chiss body when traveling unprotected through hyperspace.

Lothal is still Ok though...for now... ;)

As for Jacen Syndulla/Dume/Jarrus, that's just speculation he goes to Luke's academy because his father was Kanan. Who says he trains to become a Jedi? Rey's parents weren't Force users, and she's strong in the Force. Just because his father was a Jedi doesn't mean he will be or has to be.

Then again, Lucas' original intent was that pretty much anyone could master the use of the Force if you took the time to learn.

Are we supposed to assume Ahsoka returned from the void after the Battle of Endor?

Well she went back to Malachor to the time when her duel with Vader took place. Which was around 2 years before the events of this season and 5 years before the epilogue. So we don't really know what she has done or where she has been during those 5 years.

Well she went back to Malachor to the time when her duel with Vader took place. Which was around 2 years before the events of this season and 5 years before the epilogue. So we don't really know what she has done or where she has been during those 5 years.
My question is, are we positive though she went back to that exact time period?

If she did, why did not return to help at all?

I can't see Filoni offing Jacen, and if he were to be trained as a Jedi he'd be more likely to learn from Ezra than Luke.

As for Thrawn, his new novel is set between seasons 3/4 and supposedly goes into how he and Vader won over the Noghri and how Rukh got introduced into the narrative. And speaking of Zahn characters coming into the narrative, nice namedrop of Pellaeon there. I assume in this next series we'll see Thrawn and what's left of the Seventh Fleet return, maybe have his experiences in Rebels be what motivates him into getting mixed up with Dark Siders like he did with C'Baoth.

My question is, are we positive though she went back to that exact time period?

If she did, why did not return to help at all?

The season 2 finale shows her limping down stairs in a passageway after showing Vader limping away. This season after she goes through the gate she heads towards that same passageway in the distance so she came back out of the portal to her original time.

She was stuck on Malachor with no ship. That could explain why she didn't return or she may have just been busy doing her own journey. The galaxy is huge and her journey may have just taken her on another path.

I am more interested in post-ROTJ than anything else as there is lots to cover such as the New Republic, Luke's Jedi Order, Leia leading the Resistance, and reunion of the Ghost Crew.

The season 2 finale shows her limping down stairs in a passageway after showing Vader limping away. This season after she goes through the gate she heads towards that same passageway in the distance so she came back out of the portal to her original time.

What? Where does it show that?

EDIT

I think I know what you are talking about. To me that's not substantial enough to say it's Ahsoka.

She was stuck on Malachor with no ship. That could explain why she didn't return or she may have just been busy doing her own journey. The galaxy is huge and her journey may have just taken her on another path.

IMHO that's a little flimsy. And if we are going to have a scenario where Ahsoka is alive, I need more justification than that. The end of Rebels shows she had a way of getting off.

In the Force Awakens, Rey and the Resistance were searching for Luke until the end.

I think the next animated series like Resistance may be about the reunited Ghost Crew - Hera, Zeb, Sabine, Ahsoka, Jacen, and Chopper - searching for Ezra like we saw in Force Awakens and we could see some flashbacks stories of those who encountered him since the Battle of Lothal.

It wouldn't make sense for a show about Leia's Resistance to be about the reunited Ghost crew looking for Ezra. The search for Ezra happens after the Battle of Endor. It may have even been before the end of the Galactic Civil War.

Not a daughter. Not Rey. Looks more human than Twi'lek.

tumblr_p55g3oEAMY1vnszhjo2_500.gif

[YT]uR8Sn_2VRBA[/YT]

[YT]uR8Sn_2VRBA[/YT]
Thanks for Dave Filoni for at least confirming Thrawn isn't dead.

So we don't need theorizing on why Thrawn lives. He is alive according to Filoni.

Now we can theorize on how Thrawn turned into Snoke ;)

I'd actually laugh if Snoke shows up in the next animated series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"