Superman & Lois General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!)

It's 49 minutes, so about an extra 7 minutes of footage from what aired.

EDIT: CORRECTION - that 49 mins must include the app's short ad breaks, because the Amazon version on my season pass without ads is ALSO the extended one (yes, I have now watched the episode 3 times in one night to see, lol), and it's only 45 mins. So 3 extra minutes, basically. Which definitely sounds more accurate as it's really only 1 meaty scene and a couple extended bits.

Side note, I MUCH prefer watching the Amazon version than the broadcast or CW app version. No CW logo in the corner and no ads really enhances that cinematic feel, imo. If only I had the patience to wait for that version ever week. :funny:

Last edited:
At long last, my local CW channel refusing to play ball with any cable providers, forcing me to relay on the app, pays off!!!

EvaTMt6VgAAYq9K

Now that Season 2 is officially confirmed, I really hope that the producers will eventually bring in John Henry Irons (aka Steel) as a series regular.

Honestly, I always thought that Henry Simmons (Agents of SHIELD) would be a perfect choice to portray the character.

AoS-Mack-e1460953954832.jpg

Plus, it would probably it would go a LONG way to silence the show's critics for not having a diverse cast.

Since Tyler paid tribute to Action Comics #1, I'd like to see him pay tribute to the first issue of Superman's solo series from 1939.

Also I would like to see Tyler's Superman sit on the clouds like All-Star Superman!!

Now that Season 2 is officially confirmed, I really hope that the producers will eventually bring in John Henry Irons (aka Steel) as a series regular.
That's one of my top wishes, as well. If Clark and Gen. Lane have a falling out this season, I think Irons would be a solid replacement for Clark to turn to for help and resources. And could occasionally be an asset in the field, too. :D

They could also go the New 52 route and have him be a love interest for Lana down the road if her marriage to Kyle crumbles (or if he bites the dust).

I can see a Team Superman with Superman, Jordan, Steel, and Dr. Emil Hamilton. Maybe Lana can become Superwoman like in the recent comics.

I hope they bring in Strange Visitor Sharon Vance and Lori Lemaris.

That's one of my top wishes, as well. If Clark and Gen. Lane have a falling out this season, I think Irons would be a solid replacement for Clark to turn to for help and resources. And could occasionally be an asset in the field, too. :D

Agreed. This show has already established that just because Clark lives in Smallville, doesn't mean that his adventures have to stay within that small community.

Superman could very well travel back and forth to meet with John Henry Irons for anything related to his hero duties. Plus, John Henry Irons would be a more believable ally than the recent additions to Team Flash.

That's what I wanted with Superman and Lois in that it should have a balance between Metropolis and Smallville.

I think someone pointed that this show could be a greatest hits of Superman's career highlights.

Well I just hope that they don't take any budget cuts for future seasons. I still remember on how bad it got for "Smallville" when its production budget was significantly reduced for Season 8.

Minor spoiler alert for tonight's Flash episode, but I really enjoyed hearing Barry mention Clark in reference (even though it was a figment of Iris's hallucination). I kind of hope that as this season goes by, we'll hear Clark or Lois reference the other heroes/characters in the Arrowverse (e.g. Kara, Barry, Bruce).

Also, Jordan and Jonathan could always solve their popularity problem by asking Aunt Kara to make a surprise appearance as Supergirl to their school. :o:hehe:

Also, Jordan and Jonathan could always solve their popularity problem by asking Aunt Kara to make a surprise appearance as Supergirl to their school. :o:hehe:
I'll be that person here for a minute and say that Kara is not their aunt, she's also their cousin, as she is not Clark's sibling. Your cousin's kids are also your cousins (once removed). :oldrazz:

But yes, still waiting for some Kara acknowledgment, too.

I'll be that person here for a minute and say that Kara is not their aunt, she's also their cousin, as she is not Clark's sibling. Your cousin's kids are also your cousins (once removed). :oldrazz:

But yes, still waiting for some Kara acknowledgment, too.

Haha; thanks for the clarification. It must be a culture thing for where I'm from then.

Someone should really remind Clark though that he could always just ask Kara to cover his shift while he takes a quick sabbatical for his family.

Last edited:
So I’m wondering
Now that Captain Luthor needs a new suit is this where Jon Cryer’s Lex could potentially fit into the show. I mean he needs a suit Cryer Lex has one, so?

I'm going to say this now unless they rewrite Jordan he is going to kill this show.

Well I just hope that they don't take any budget cuts for future seasons. I still remember on how bad it got for "Smallville" when its production budget was significantly reduced for Season 8.

You can expect cuts unless the Ratings arent super high, thats sadly how it goes.
But being renewed this early, at least 2-3 seasons will have a high budget.
It all comes down to if they can keep the fire burning.

So I’m wondering
Now that Captain Luthor needs a new suit is this where Jon Cryer’s Lex could potentially fit into the show. I mean he needs a suit Cryer Lex has one, so?

Is it confirmed that we will see Cryer again as Lex? I thought it was just a rumor.
Thinking back, im so sad that they didnt do a Superman show with Routh and Cryer, that would have been cool.

I'm going to say this now unless they rewrite Jordan he is going to kill this show.

I can see Jordan's angsty teen act getting stale pretty fast in terms of audience patience , though I thought he was written better last night as opposed to the premiere.

I actually like Jonathan more in terms of the two brothers, though I think that's cause the actor has natural personality , so even when he's being jerky , his charm shines through. That's just me though.

Honestly, I always thought that Henry Simmons (Agents of SHIELD) would be a perfect choice to portray the character.

AoS-Mack-e1460953954832.jpg

Plus, it would probably it would go a LONG way to silence the show's critics for not having a diverse cast.
I like his look, but is he the right age? He doesn't look it, by much, but I think he's older than Clark's supposed to be. How old is the character generally? Or do we just fudge it a little. I can accept it, but why do it, if we don't need to.

I've been wanting Aldis Hodge, but with him doing, I think Black Adam, I don't see that as very likely.

I can see Jordan's angsty teen act getting stale pretty fast in terms of audience patience , though I thought he was written better last night as opposed to the premiere.

I actually like Jonathan more in terms of the two brothers, though I think that's cause the actor has natural personality , so even when he's being jerky , his charm shines through. That's just me though.

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but will do so tonight and agree. My sense from E1 is that this is being dealt with. Agree about his brother.

The previews for next weeks episode says different about Jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"