The Dark Knight Rises TDKR Critics/Review Thread

joker1524

Sidekick
Reaction score
Well since ive been hearing that TDKR is screening for critics real soon and since the movie is 29 days away...id figure its time to have this thread made...any news on how the films been recieved whether is speculation or legit, please post it in this thread.:yay:

got this off of Nolanfans.com so take it with a grain of salt

[QUOTEThe Gotham Stock Exchange scene is brilliant. It is done in the same style as the party crashing scene with the Joker, there is that same eery silence from the gatecrashing scene as Bane walks in and takes hold of the floor. That's all I can say, film is great. I've got a gag on me.

Tom Hardy steals the show as Bane, Bane is very charismatic, comes across as an intellectual snob which clashes with his appearance but I don't think he'll get a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nod as his character isn't as iconic as Ledger's Joker but he really, really should. When Hardy comes onto the screen, you cannot take your eyes off of him. He/Bane has a marvelous screen presence. Even some of the information I posted in the Bane thread is not entirely accurate after seeing the movie.

There was a standing ovation after the film finished and I don't think a dry eye in the place either.

If I had to say anything now, I don't think it would be fair as I am still gushing over the movie but I do think it's better than The Dark Knight for a couple of reasons, Batman/Bruce feels more fleshed out and has a complete arc to end his story and he isn't just playing second fiddle to the villain like he was in The Dark Knight plus the story has an epic feel to it especially when the "revolution" kicks off. Hathaway's performance felt like a throwback to the those actresses of Hollywood's golden years and she'll probably be the one to get Academy recognition.

Read more: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9757&start=170#ixzz1ySIvYu2J][/QUOTE]

there's also a site on where a critic has rated TDKR a 90/100 and it was proven that he has seen the movie. I assume hes only allowed to score the movie for now and give his review and thoughts upon the film once the embargo is lifted.

Last edited:
there's also a site on where a critic has rated TDKR a 90/100 and it was proven that he has seen the movie. I assume hes only allowed to score the movie for now and give his review and thoughts upon the film once the embargo is lifted.

what did he rate begins and tdk?

Why is everybody on this board so skeptical? :dry:

i find it that anything negative about this film causes panic lol but when somebody says they see it and then they praise the film, they think the person just made it up lol

I remember last year, when the description of the very first teaser trailer was leaked, absolutely nobody on this board believed it. They called the people who leaked the description liars and kept going on about how ridiculous and fake the description was. :dry:

if the guy wanted attention...he could have said things like how the film was so great that nolan can have his babies or if he hated it...he could have said how the film was just bad...his post doesnt scream attention ****e to me to be honest but as i said...take it with a grain of salt

I think it's true. Call me an optimist, but I believe it.

I'd have to say it's fake. The review didn't really say anything we didn't know.

Im in agreement that this in fact a fake, im not buying it thats for sure.

A few posts down from that review on NolanFans points out that it's from IMDB.

So..yeah. :o

I think even if we know it isn't from IMDB, just reading it rings alarms that the reviewer pretty much inferred everything from released footage and his Bane/Hardy fanboyism.

Aw, it would've been nice if the first review posted here is an actual review from a legit critic and not something that while good originated in IMDB and is most likely fake.

Last edited:
Aw, it would've been nice if the first review posted here is an actual review from legit critic and not something that while good originated in IMDB and is most likely fake.
Agreed.

Just so you guys have a heads up, the "Jimmy Hollywood" critic we got the 90/100 from? I added and messaged him on facebook. He hasn't seen the film, it was a "speculative" rating, and so far it's only been pretty private screenings.

Not sure if that invalidates the 100/100 on the BFCA site or not, but there you go.

-Vader

What the eff is a "speculative" rating? Wtf is the point of that?

Well I believe it because this could be first time a franchise from a third movie doesn't suck. :up: :batty:

Why would a critic give a film a rating before they've seen it? That's ridiculous. :dry: I predict TASM will be mediocre, that doesn't mean I have a placeholder rating (even in my head) before the thing is out, and certainly not one I'd wish to display. Makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"