Telltale's The Walking Dead

Telltale will be announcing five new multi-platform projects during a formal event in San Francisco on Thursday, February 17.
Among them, says the invitation, is "one based on a just-launched property from the TV and comic book world whose popularity is changing life as some know it."

Source

To me the description sounds like The Walking Dead. If this is true then it will be awesome, I couldn't think of any other game developer that's prefect for this property.
What do you think? Based from the description do you think it's The Walking Dead?

Ok...the 5 part script I'm writing as a sequel....

There's a character who is initially a nice guy, who reminds Clem of Lee...but ends up raping her

And also, what do you guys make of this? I'm not quite sure how to do it just yet...I'm thinking of making Clem a lesbian and her boyfriend will be changed into a female?

And AJ is essentially like a mini Tarzan (without the loincloth) character. Which makes sense if you think about it.

So it'll be like the 400 days between 1 and 2?

Hopefully something that will explain Christa's story after being separated from Clem.

Ugh, the Michonne game is such a bad idea. And I love the character. But the problem is, she is an established character. The fun of Telltale games is creating your own character, your own choices, your own narrative. Micchone has set rules that she has to play by. Lee could be ruthless or kind or anywhere in between, because there were no parameters. All of Micchone's choices will have to fall within the parameters of her established character, however. It takes away from the experience.

I have a similar problem with this Batman game. Look at A Game of Thrones. When you are being Mira, you can throw your friend under a bus and destroy her life to help yourself, you can betray Margarey or be a loyal servant and tell your family to **** off. With all the characters, you as a player have the ability to select their personality, rationalize their choices, and ultimately set who they are. Mira's ending gives you the choice between dying and maintaining principles or agreeing to essentially become a sleazy merchant's sex slave while letting your only friend get decapitated. Its two extremes, but you get to build it from a fresh slate. Mira's evolution is very well done, no matter how you do it. Same with Asher, going from reckless warrior to diplomat (or reckless warrior to staying reckless warrior and ****ing everything up)...there is satisfaction in building these characters.

Batman is established. We're not going to be able to decide that killing Joker is in the name of the greater good. We're not going to be able to decide that we don't want to be involved with Gordon. There will be set rules and everything will reflect that. Therefore, all I am doing is essentially picking dialogue.

Finally gave in and decided to play Season 1, really great. Glad I spent the 19.99 on it.

Ugh, the Michonne game is such a bad idea. And I love the character. But the problem is, she is an established character. The fun of Telltale games is creating your own character, your own choices, your own narrative. Micchone has set rules that she has to play by. Lee could be ruthless or kind or anywhere in between, because there were no parameters. All of Micchone's choices will have to fall within the parameters of her established character, however. It takes away from the experience.

I have a similar problem with this Batman game. Look at A Game of Thrones. When you are being Mira, you can throw your friend under a bus and destroy her life to help yourself, you can betray Margarey or be a loyal servant and tell your family to **** off. With all the characters, you as a player have the ability to select their personality, rationalize their choices, and ultimately set who they are. Mira's ending gives you the choice between dying and maintaining principles or agreeing to essentially become a sleazy merchant's sex slave while letting your only friend get decapitated. Its two extremes, but you get to build it from a fresh slate. Mira's evolution is very well done, no matter how you do it. Same with Asher, going from reckless warrior to diplomat (or reckless warrior to staying reckless warrior and ****ing everything up)...there is satisfaction in building these characters.

Batman is established. We're not going to be able to decide that killing Joker is in the name of the greater good. We're not going to be able to decide that we don't want to be involved with Gordon. There will be set rules and everything will reflect that. Therefore, all I am doing is essentially picking dialogue.

Yeah.. I'm ready for them to stop now. I'm tired of all the endless adventure games. The shark has been jumped.

Yeah.. I'm ready for them to stop now. I'm tired of all the endless adventure games. The shark has been jumped.

Luckily no one's forcing you to buy them! :D

I love the Telltale games, I threw down money for the season pass on Borderlands with absolutely no knowledge about the franchise (or interest) and it was the best one yet! While I certainly share Matt's concerns about having established characters as the protagonist rather than an original, if Telltale continue to increase their quality like they have been I'll continue to happily give them my money.

Yeah, I don't want them to stop. In fact, the older I get, the more I love Telltale games. They are easy to invest a couple hours in without getting lost for days. They are good for casual gamers with other responsibilities. I just think using established characters lessens the appeal of building your own story (which, granted, is an illusion in these games, but is still a fun aspect).

Finished S1, loved it. That cliff hanger though! It works for all scenarios given but I wanted Clementine to meet up with what's their names like I told her to.

Just finished S2 and omg I need more! What was everyones decisions at the end of the season?

^Yaaaaasss.

I can't wait for this!

Just finished S2 and omg I need more! What was everyones decisions at the end of the season?

At first I chose to shoot Kenny to save Jane ... And then I got really ticked off when I found out that Jane was lying about the baby the entire time. I decided to take the baby with me and abandon Jane.

I felt so horrible shooting Kenny that I played the episode again, and allowed Kenny to kill Jane. I also decided to seek refuge at the sanctuary and allow Kenny to leave on his own.

The minute Kenny said "Just take the kids! I can leave!" I immediately felt SO BAD for ever doubting him. Haha. The Kenny ending was definitely the better one for me.

Man ... The design of the walkers in the comic books and the Telltale games are so creepy/scary. They definitely creep me out much more than the walkers on the show, for some reason ...

Sooo ... The first Michonne episode is out.

Let's just say that it left a good first impression for me. I can't wait for the other episodes. :up:

I don't follow the show or the comics, am I going to be able to jump into this?

no you don't need the show or comic's like the wolf among us it's it's own thing even though it's part of the same universe.

Telltale Games has announced a release date for the second episode of their new The Walking Dead: Michonne miniseries. Episode 2, “Give No Shelter”, has been rated M by the ESRB for Intense Violence, Blood & Gore, and Strong Language. The miniseries will conclude in April with its third and final episode. In the meantime, the 2nd episode is set to launch on March 29 on the following platforms:

• PC/Mac – Via the Telltale online store, Steam, and other digital distribution platforms
  • PlayStation 3/PlayStation 4 – Via the PlayStation Network
  • Xbox One/Xbox 360 – Via the Xbox Games Store
  • iOS – Via the Appstore on compatible devices
  • Android – Via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore
As with the original The Walking Dead game by Telltale games, this one has players making some tough choices along the way. The choices you make can affect future elements of the story and even who lives and who dies.

Telltale games has put together this video showing how many players made what choices in The Walking Dead: Michonne – Episode 1. Check it out below.
“In Episode 2, ‘Give No Shelter,’ a daring escape from the floating colony of Monroe sees Michonne, Pete, and Sam running for their lives. An all too brief reprieve is soon shattered; the leaders of Monroe don’t forgive and don’t forget. With memories of her daughters bleeding ever further into Michonne’s blurred reality, her world is becoming increasingly fractured… just at the point when she’ll need all of her skills to survive.”

[YT]CyrB48mBeRA[/YT]
The Walking Dead: Michonne miniseries follows the iconic blade wielding character, Michonne, from the famous TV show. Telltale’s The Walking Dead game series has sold more than 50 million episodes worldwide to date, and earned over 100 Game of the Year awards from sources like Metacritic, USA Today, Wired, Spike TV VGAs, Yahoo!, The Telegraph, Mashable, Polygon, Destructoid and GamesRadar.

It has also earned BAFTA Video Game Awards for Best Story and Best Mobile Game.

The Walking Dead games and TV shows are based upon the award winning comic book series by Robert Kirkman. You can find out more about the games at the official website, on Facebook, or by following Telltale Games on Twitter. If you want to find out more about Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead, or any of his other titles, visit www.SkyBound.com or www.TheWalkingDead.com.

The Walking Dead
TV series is currently approaching its season finale on AMC. Once this season of the TV show finishes up, the companion show, Fear The Walking Dead, will begin its second season in April.

source: Operation Rainfall

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"