The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee Brown just tweeted "Make sure to tune into GTTV this Thursday: they'll be premiering ASM's next trailer! Promo here: http://bit.ly/GTTVasmpromo".... that does mean today right, because the way he said it sounds otherwise seeing as today IS thursday.

yeah its this firday morning actually cause i just checked my guide yesterday AT 1am spike

New web rush trailer premiering tomorrow morning at 1 am. Check.

Playable demo of TASM at E3 in a couple of weeks. Check.

Mmmmm. Soooo good. :woot:

But she was announced for the game, not Mac

She wasn't really announced for the game. She got the same kind of mention that Morbius did. That character was seen in the opening sections of the game, but Beenox hasn't come out and said rather or not we will actually battle her. I mean its safe to assume we would, but at this point those character seen in the early Oscorp stage could just be little easter eggs.

Dee Brown just tweeted "Make sure to tune into GTTV this Thursday: they'll be premiering ASM's next trailer! Promo here: http://bit.ly/GTTVasmpromo".... that does mean today right, because the way he said it sounds otherwise seeing as today IS thursday.

Well GTTV is on at midnight, so technically its tomorrow.

From the Spider-Man part of the forums.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/making-of/0004/00042597/the-amazing-spider-man-playstation-3-ps3-le-pouvoir-de-la-toile-00000867.htm

Credit goes to Ultimate Web Head! I think this is just a behind the scenes video and not the actual trailer. Anyway! I like the way spidey moves across the environment. I've always wanted to bounce of the environment in past games but couldn't. Hopefully it's as fun as it looks and I hope it has some suprises as well.

From the Spider-Man part of the forums.

Hmm... How would this not BE the trailer, it has the cut scenes with the web saying whatever that is trying to say in french :p I think that is the real trailer

Looks pretty cool. Think this is finally the system Spidey needs to showcase his super human agility.

Hmm... How would this not BE the trailer, it has the cut scenes with the web saying whatever that is trying to say in french :p I think that is the real trailer

I'm assuming the trailer won't feature any voice over. Prob be in the same style the last few trailers have been in.

That will most likely be the trailer and it's quite cool.
Even the fight against the robot in the end is looking awesome.

That looks awesome. I especially liked the quick web rush he did when he was on the cars. Looks like we don't have to slow down time and can most likely just tap it and it will just web rush in the direction we are currently pointing.

Web Rush looks great! I love the flow Spidey has to his moves. My excitement for this just went even higher!

The gameplay looks sick! Too much stuff to comment on but that part when Spidey is hanging upside down and taps that thug on the back of the head with his foot and then webs him up when he turns around was absolutely classic! The web rush looks amazing...can not wait for this game. :woot:

I need to preorder this already. I think we really are getting the next gen Spidey 2 that we always wanted.

A couple slight issues with the new gameplay

1. Streets seem very empty. This is New York there should be more pedestrians. I can understand not having it jam packed but I hope the final version has more.

2. The barrel roll. Spidey seems to heavily overuse this barrel roll movement when jumping off things. In the times square shot you can see him do it off the wall, then again off the bus, and then again off another wall.

As said minor issues but issues none the less.

A couple slight issues with the new gameplay

1. Streets seem very empty. This is New York there should be more pedestrians. I can understand not having it jam packed but I hope the final version has more.

It looks fine to me. That scene with Times Square had enough of a 'busy' look to it that I'm not worried. Also, we don't know how far into the build this footage is from, so it's quite possible it is from an earlier point in time when more peds and cars have yet to be added.

2. The barrel roll. Spidey seems to heavily overuse this barrel roll movement when jumping off things. In the times square shot you can see him do it off the wall, then again off the bus, and then again off another wall.

In defense of the game...that was just a 5-10 second sequence and shouldn't be held as a represntation of how Spidey will move with regards to every web rush.

It looks fine to me. That scene with Times Square had enough of a 'busy' look to it that I'm not worried. Also, we don't know how far into the build this footage is from, so it's quite possible it is from an earlier point in time when more peds and cars have yet to be added.

In defense of the game...that was just a 5-10 second sequence and shouldn't be held as a represntation of how Spidey will move with regards to every web rush.

As I said. I am hoping that it is just old footage and there is more people in the final.

And my issue with the spin is that we didn't just see 3 spins (there were actually 4 I saw in the whole clip) it was the fact that there were 3 spins in a single web rush. It just seems overused. It just seems odd that if there is more variety to it why it managed to get the exact same motion 3 times in a row.

As said these are minor issues. I am not holding them heavily against the game although the lack of crowd if it makes it into the final build would be a big problem. But for now I am just going to hope its a matter of early build and will be improved upon by release.

And my issue with the spin is that we didn't just see 3 spins (there were actually 4 I saw in the whole clip) it was the fact that there were 3 spins in a single web rush. It just seems overused. It just seems odd that if there is more variety to it why it managed to get the exact same motion 3 times in a row.

As said these are minor issues.

You mean that whole minute and twenty second clip?? :oldrazz: I agree that this is a minor thing. I would wait until we see some more gameplay before calling it 'overused.' The web rush will have upgrades to it as the game progresses for one and two, this is the first real look we've had at the web rush gameplay...more views will come and hopefully we'll get a much better representation of Spidey's movements.

You mean that whole minute and twenty second clip?? :oldrazz: I agree that this is a minor thing. I would wait until we see some more gameplay before calling it 'overused.' The web rush will have upgrades to it as the game progresses for one and two, this is the first real look we've had at the web rush gameplay...more views will come and hopefully we'll get a much better representation of Spidey's movements.

It is a matter of ratio. 3 times in about 15 seconds. It doesn't matter if it was a short clip the ratio should remain the same. Not to mention we don't know for sure how old this footage is. Plus the game goes gold in about a month which isn't much time for heavy improvement.

If something occur 80% of the time in a minute long clip, then you can still expect it to occur 80% of the time in a full product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"