The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the marketing won't be as heavy for this title compared to others as Activision will rely primarily on Sony and their ads for the film.

Marketing for the movie shouldn't be what the game relies on, not this movie

Well the marketing won't be as heavy for this title compared to others as Activision will rely primarily on Sony and their ads for the film.

The marketing for this game has been very similar to SD. That game had a bunch of villain reveal trailers prior to its release much like with TASM.

Marketing for the movie shouldn't be what the game relies on, not this movie

The marketing for this game has been very similar to SD. That game had a bunch of villain reveal trailers prior to its release much like with TASM.

Its similar, but it still won't be as heavy. Thats one of the benefits of doing a game like this. You dont have to spend as much money on advertising. Period. The license the title ties in with, will cover some of that.

Its similar, but it still won't be as heavy. Thats one of the benefits of doing a game like this. You dont have to spend as much money on advertising. Period. The license the title ties in with, will cover some of that.

Maybe they can use some of that extra money to make an unedited gameplay trailer. :yay:

Maybe they can use some of that extra money to make an unedited gameplay trailer. :yay:

Haha, nah, i think that will come from like the show floor or something. I dont see them putting out a trailer of just pure gameplay. They'll be like the ones we got.

I mean if we have to wait until E3, look on the bright side. If the footage we see ends up being really cool, we dont have to wait that long before we actually get to play it.

Haha, nah, i think that will come from like the show floor or something. I dont see them putting out a trailer of just pure gameplay. They'll be like the ones we got.

I mean if we have to wait until E3, look on the bright side. If the footage we see ends up being really cool, we dont have to wait that long before we actually get to play it.

Yeah that's very true. E3 is like June 7-9, if I'm not mistaken, so if the footage does rock and get us truly pumped to play it, we only have to wait another three weeks.

Yeah, there's no way we'll see our first glimpse of gameplay just a few weeks before the game is out.

Yeah that's very true. E3 is like June 7-9, if I'm not mistaken, so if the footage does rock and get us truly pumped to play it, we only have to wait another three weeks.

Such a huge risk though. If this game does not sell well it can close Beenox down. Relying on the popularity of a franchise isn't enough anymore, Quantum of Solace was a really good game but bombed and unfortunately the studio was shutdown as a result. Beenox/Activision should be promoting the sh** out of this game. A weekly trickle of information is what's needed.

This game is being touted as the Arkham Asylum for Spider-man games and If it's nowhere near that caliber it'll be hard for any follow up games to get the amount of recognition that this game is getting.

Such a huge risk though. If this game does not sell well it can close Beenox down. Relying on the popularity of a franchise isn't enough anymore, Quantum of Solace was a really good game but bombed and unfortunately the studio was shutdown as a result. Beenox/Activision should be promoting the sh** out of this game. A weekly trickle of information is what's needed.

This game is being touted as the Arkham Asylum for Spider-man games and If it's nowhere near that caliber it'll be hard for any follow up games to get the amount of recognition that this game is getting.

I'm very sure that Beenox is aware of what's riding on this game but they aren't in control of the marketing, unfortunately. It's mainly up to Activision. I agree though, they need to really show off this game and its potential but so far they've done a pretty good job of it. We've gotten 4 trailers, all chock full of gameplay footage. I'm sure there will be another villain reveal trailer here shortly with more to follow and then hopefully we get to see some hands on gameplay prior to E3.

Quamtum of Solace sucked. Blood Stone was really good then the studio was shut down

I dont think anyone is saying that. They are claiming it is taking notes from AA and AC, but i dont think anyone expects this to be on the level of AA or AC.

I'm quite sure this game will rock! Don't worry, we'll have a great sandbox, and it seems the fighting system will be far better than what we had in previous spidey gameS.

Cool. I don't think Spider-Man works with linear levels.

I don't either. By confining him like that you completely remove one of the best aspects of the character which is his mobility.
Even free roam games hold linear levels, and they don't water down his mobility
A linear Spider-Man game -if done right- would work nicely

If its linear, yes it does. It doesnt matter how good it works. One of the most unique aspects of Spidey is how he moves through the world. There is no other hero that does that. I think removing him from a free roam environment, for an entire games, reduces some of the cool aspects of the character. Im all for narrowing the focus at points, but Spidey needs his range. He's an extremely mobile character, unlike say Batman.

Of course the free roam games will have 'some' linear levels, but they are there to break up the way battles occur. It wouldn't be too plausible to have everything occur on the streets. A linear Spider-Man game does take away the characters mobility because you're confining him to a set amount of space. The most notable thing about Spidey is the way he moves about, and by placing a barrier on him, it creates limits and downplays the characters ability to an extent.

Of course the free roam games will have 'some' linear levels, but they are there to break up the way battles occur. It wouldn't be too plausible to have everything occur on the streets. A linear Spider-Man game does take away the characters mobility because you're confining him to a set amount of space. The most notable thing about Spidey is the way he moves about, and by placing a barrier on him, it creates limits and downplays the characters ability to an extent.

I do hope that massive robot battle we saw in the orig trailer ends up being good. There were some AWESOME battles in inFamous 2 with huge monsters. Hopefully they looked to that game a bit to get a few ideas.

I don't either. By confining him like that you completely remove one of the best aspects of the character which is his mobility.

If its linear, yes it does. It doesnt matter how good it works. One of the most unique aspects of Spidey is how he moves through the world. There is no other hero that does that. I think removing him from a free roam environment, for an entire games, reduces some of the cool aspects of the character. Im all for narrowing the focus at points, but Spidey needs his range. He's an extremely mobile character, unlike say Batman.

Bottomline, guys, is that Spidey is best suited for a free roam environment. And of course every free roam game is going to have linear styled missions, just like TASM will be featuring indoor stuff too. But you still have the free roam aspect when you're not on a particular mission. I don't care how good a strictly linear game can be, it doesn't fit Spidey as well as an equally good free roam game.

That being said, I think it was a smart move for Beenox to create the linear games that they did. Despite whatever criticism they may have taken for having a linear game and the 'crappiness' that gets associated with them by free roam purists, it was a necessary move IMO. I also understand that people were hating on EoT because of it's lack in quality and although I don't agree with that, I understand where it comes from.

Anyways, ever since the introduction of SM2, you had the notion that every Spidey game MUST be free roam. And while I agree that I prefer the free roam style of game, by the time WoS had been released it was apparent that the free roam games had begun to nosedive and lose their creativity. They became stale. By returning to a linear format, Beenox could channel their creativity in a new direction and for the most part it worked. Now, several years later, it's time to return to free roam. The ideas will be fresh and it feels 'new' again that we'll be free roaming around Manhattan once more.

Anyways, ever since the introduction of SM2, you had the notion that every Spidey game MUST be free roam. And while I agree that I prefer the free roam style of game, by the time WoS had been released it was apparent that the free roam games had begun to nosedive and lose their creativity. They became stale. By returning to a linear format, Beenox could channel their creativity in a new direction and for the most part it worked. Now, several years later, it's time to return to free roam. The ideas will be fresh and it feels 'new' again that we'll be free roaming around Manhattan once more.

Thats not a problem with free roam tho, its a problem with s**t developers. I mean after the free roam games, we got one decent linear game and one terrible linear game. Theres a reason EoT sits at a 57 Meta score. Thats more than 10 points lower than WoS. Also, other developers(Rockstar, Sucker Punch, Rocksteady, Ubisoft etc) dont seem to have a problem with the open world environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"