The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn all about an amazing newly announced Marvel game for 2012 from Activision, plus Spider-Man: Edge of Time, X-Men Destiny, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, the Marvel Universe MMO, Marvel Pinball, Super Hero Squad Online, Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat (using THQ’s uDraw peripheral), and Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet for Nintendo 3DS. This includes exciting new details about the future of other Marvel games via exclusive trailers, surprise reveals, and Q&A with the game creators from some of the industry's top publishers.
http://nycc11.mapyourshow.com/5_0/sessions/sessiondetails.cfm?ScheduledSessionID=11AD

My money is on The Amazing Spider-Man.

But MUA wasn't a Spidey game.
I liked the idea for Tombstone, though. I'd love to see one like the SSM version in this game or in a future movie. He's too badass.

Jick09 said:
But it's not the Shocker we're talking about, and he was reduced to a lame thug that you encountered occasionally.

It's still Shocker. That's like saying that Venom, Green Goblin, and Carnage's appearances didn't count because they weren't the traditional versions.

Why would someone mention tiring of Shocker for being in so many games but neglects Rhino after that post?

Rhino list of appearances:
  • Spider-Man 2 (having USM design in all versions of the game)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man (Consoles and PC)
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance (fought twice)
  • SM3 (PS3/360/PC)
  • Friend or Foe (all ports I guess)
  • WoS (PS3/360/PC)
  • Edge of Time (NDS)

What made this guy so used in games when he's not even that popular? xD

Alchemyst said:
It kinda pissed me off with SM3 that the villains in the game felt like they were just thrown in for the sake of having them appear.
Spider-Man the first movie game had two villains (common to every port) like that, they were building for the sequels
Spider-Man 2 had Rhino tossed there, (look at the line above) it still has the best story in any of the free roam games so far (cause it doesn't have stupid moments like Rhino hand getting stuck in fresh concrete when he is one who can break hard reinforced concrete walls just by running through them)
In Ultimate Spider-Man Green Goblin and Beetle were there, what for? If that was building for a sequel. (it seems kinda that way) Why wasn't it made? :argh:

Last edited:
It's still Shocker.
He's Shocker pretty much in name only and he wasn't even one of the main villains. He's too different from the traditional Shocker to even count. The same can't be said for the likes of Venom and Carnage. It's like having a normal thug dressed as Scorpion trying to rob a bank. It's not Scorpion.
That's like saying that Venom, Green Goblin, and Carnage's appearances didn't count because they weren't the traditional versions.
Venom and Carnage acted almost like their 616 versions, if not for the personality. Venom, specially, was the second main character of the game, and being so much like his original self should certainly count.
If Ultimate Goblin was in previous games and in later games, people would still ask for the true Green Goblin to be in the new game because they're so different.
I feel the same with Shocker. I want to see him in his prime like he was in the SM2 game.

Regardless, Shocker hasn't been in a main game for a while. It'll be great, imo, if he is in this game. A properly done Shocker.

He's Shocker pretty much in name only and he wasn't even one of the main villains. He's too different from the traditional Shocker to even count. The same can't be said for the likes of Venom and Carnage. It's like having a normal thug dressed as Scorpion trying to rob a bank. It's not Scorpion.
Shocker in the 616 started as a thief, stayed a s a thief for a while, even after joining that group and that, he was still a thief
Spider-Man's webbing in the Ultimate has the effect to make shocks back fire on the one shooting them, Amazing Spidey webbing is different
And I won't forget Shocker's costume effect

Venom and Carnage acted almost like their 616 versions, if not for the personality. Venom, specially, was the second main character of the game, and being so much like his original self should certainly count.
Carnage was different. As for Venom.........

Ultimate

Why would someone mention tiring of Shocker for being in so many games but neglects Rhino after that post?

• SM3 (PS3/360/PC)
  • WoS (PS3/360/PC)
  • Edge of Time (NDS)

I think he's quite popular, actually. He's among the most known Spidey villains and he has fought other heroes, such as Hulk. Probably other powerhouse guys such as Thing and Juggernaut too, but I'm not sure, so he's been in other comics.

Besides, he's the perfect guy to serve as a boss or sub-boss. He's not a guy of plans, he's a guy of destruction, of battle. That's Rhino.

Shocker in the 616 started as a thief, stayed a s a thief for a while, even after joining that group and that, he was still a thief
Spider-Man's webbing in the Ultimate has the effect to make shocks back fire on the one shooting them, Amazing Spidey webbing is different
And I won't forget Shocker's costume effect
I know. This is not exactly what I tried to get across. Compare the Shocker from the PS1 game, the 2 movie games and the Shocker in Ultimate Spider-Man.
In Ultimate, he was reduced to nothing and he looks totally different from the Shocker in the other games, which came off as badass, powerfull and, even though they had similar endings, dangerous.
In Ultimate he was a joke, even if it was his first time meeting Spidey. Same happened in the first movie game, but there I recognized him as the true Shocker.

Shocker was in three games: Enter Electro, SM1 and SM2.
Then we had Ultimate Shocker, a different enough version of the original one to be counted out of how many times Shocker was featured in the last decade.

Carnage was different.
In personality and had an extra ability that the original probably doesn't. Besides that, he was pretty much the Carnage we know. I wouldn't count it, though, as Cletus character is what really defines Carnage, but oh well. I won't nitpick.
As for Venom.........

Ultimate

Like I said in the previous post, they're pretty much the same thing if you take away the personality.

You guys think they should bring back combat tours in this game? With time limit or not?
I think he's quite popular, actually. He's among the most known Spidey villains and he has fought other heroes, such as Hulk. Probably other powerhouse guys such as Thing and Juggernaut too, but I'm not sure, so he's been in other comics.

Besides, he's the perfect guy to serve as a boss or sub-boss. He's not a guy of plans, he's a guy of destruction, of battle. That's Rhino.
At least in that he deserves the exposure he got more than Venom

I know. This is not exactly what I tried to get across. Compare the Shocker from the PS1 game, the 2 movie games and the Shocker in Ultimate Spider-Man.
In Ultimate, he was reduced to nothing and he looks totally different from the Shocker in the other games, which came off as badass, powerfull and, even though they had similar endings, dangerous.
I love that Herman
In Ultimate he was a joke, even if it was his first time meeting Spidey. Same happened in the first movie game, but there I recognized him as the true Shocker.
OK, point taken.
Quilt man joke from the first movie game beats any joke USM gave Shocker in that game

In personality and had an extra ability that the original probably doesn't. Besides that, he was pretty much the Carnage we know. I wouldn't count it, though, as Cletus character is what really defines Carnage, but oh well. I won't nitpick.

Like I said in the previous post, they're pretty much the same thing if you take away the personality.
Okay, ability for the most part, I had personality and ability combination stitched to my head

Rhino was in the first game for the Playstation to. And Shocker is an awesome villain, though I really want the comic version of him. This game is probably gonna be good, but all I hope for is an awesome free roam game set in 616 for 2013. Still, I'm probably gonna get this as long as it gets good reception.

Beenox has never made a Shocker boss battle. That's mainly why I want Shocker to return. He's one of my favourite villains and I'd love for Beenox to have him in this game. Could be epic! Also, that concept art of what looks like a big robbery would fit Shocker perfectly

Last edited:
I have a feeling we will get a bunch of B and C list villains due to the fact that this is based off a movie franchise. As long as they are fun and make sense, i dont really care who they add

• SM3 (PS3/360/PC)
  • WoS (PS3/360/PC)
  • Edge of Time (NDS)

Spider-Man the first movie game had two villains (common to every port) like that, they were building for the sequels
Spider-Man 2 had Rhino tossed there, (look at the line above) it still has the best story in any of the free roam games so far (cause it doesn't have stupid moments like Rhino hand getting stuck in fresh concrete when he is one who can break hard reinforced concrete walls just by running through them)
In Ultimate Spider-Man Green Goblin and Beetle were there, what for? If that was building for a sequel. (it seems kinda that way) Why wasn't it made? :argh:

Good evening all, it has been brought to my attention by a one Spider-Aziz that my comments towards SM3's implementing villains that made no sense being there disturbed him. Now, don't get me wrong fellow posters, I like Spider-Man as much as the next man, but answer this for me, if you will, why was Scorpion featured in SM3 in almost origin like fashion, given the fact that he appeared in the first movie based game? hmmmm? Kingpin being behind all the gangs in NY, why???? exactly. The villains were shoehorned into the game, point blank period. Now with this ASM, I feel as though we should have villains that add credibility to their existence in the game, I dont want to be on the hunt for the Lizard and all of a sudden I'm shown a cutscene of Hydro-man robbing a jewelry store and then get instructed to follow him with no explanation as to why he's even there. Now, any other time I would throw Arkham Asylum and Arkham City into the mix, but yes, they threw in villains as well with little to know backstory, but everything else in the game made up for it, Spidey on the other hand, has a spotty track record :awesome:

I don't think that was the intention behind Arkham Asylum.
The intention was to have you survive this long night in a place full of people that are there because of Batman. The villains represent the big obstacles you have to overcome.

An all-new Spider-Man is poised to bring the action back to New York City as Activision and Marvel announce "The Amazing Spider-Man" video game, planned to launch summer 2012 tied to Sony Picture Entertainment’s upcoming feature film of the same name. Created as an epilogue story occurring entirely after the events of the movie, the game features the return of free-roaming web-slinging all over the city and evolutionary improvements to navigation and combat, as the newly anointed Spider-Man is plunged into an all-new storyline charged with protecting Manhattan from a variety of criminals.
"The Amazing Spider-Man" is in development at veteran game studio Beenox, and features an original narrative crafted by Hollywood writer Seamus Kevin Fahey (episodes of"Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" and the re-imagined "Battlestar Galactica") that continues young Peter Parker’s adventures following the events of the new film. Using the game’s new Web Rush mechanic allows players to pull off a vast array of moves never before possible. With a story that takes players through many areas all over--and under--Manhattan, fans will feel what it’s truly like to be a super hero, as they experience the cinematic adrenaline rush of web-swinging through the city and fighting crime using Spider-Man’s spectacular acrobatic moves and attacks.
Fans can check out the WORLD PREMIERE EXCLUSIVE TRAILER for "The Amazing Spider-Man" video game during Spike TV’s Video Game Awards, airing live on Saturday, December 10 at 8:00 p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. PT.
For more information on "The Amazing Spider-Man," please check out TheAmazingSpiderManGame.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Z-4goarws

4edebb4fbd5e4.jpg

Spider-Man's model looks excellent.

So there is the possibility to have a fight taking the Slayer anywhere in the city thus utilizing free roam to its full potential in combat? I hope they do so, I'll love them if it is entertaining and impressive enough, and this move looks fantastic in the sketch
Hopefully, this can live up to the S-M2 game.
Hopefully it comes out better

The city in the teaser looked a little bland and the swinging looked a little weird...but i want to see more of the trailer to make up my mind about how i feel about this game

The city in the teaser looked a little bland and the swinging looked a little weird...but i want to see more of the trailer to make up my mind about how i feel about this game

The trailer is from a build from months ago. I have no idea how far along it is now, but I doubt it'll look quite like it does now. Well, the city at least. I agree on the swinging though, but I need to see raw gameplay footage to understand it.

Dee Brown said yesterday we'd be getting new footage at the VGA, am I right on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"