The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 5

I hated the reporter. I forced myself to go through his missions and his annoying lines to get the trophy, and this comes from someone who really likes Bruce Campbell. I hope in the next game they give a better role to him, because this was easily the worst part of the game, imo.

I hated the reporter. I forced myself to go through his missions and his annoying lines to get the trophy, and this comes from someone who really likes Bruce Campbell. I hope in the next game they give a better role to him, because this was easily the worst part of the game, imo.

I agree. I thought Bruce Campbells appearance was stupid to begin with compounded by his lame role. Why the hell did he need to show up in this game any way. It felt like they wanted him in the game just to please SM2 fans. Bruce Campbell has no ties to the Amazing Spider-Man(does he?) and he's B list to boot.

I agree. I thought Bruce Campbells appearance was stupid to begin with compounded by his lame role. Why the hell did he need to show up in this game any way. It felt like they wanted him in the game just to please SM2 fans. Bruce Campbell has no ties to the Amazing Spider-Man(does he?) and he's B list to boot.

His role in ASM was pretty lame, I do agree, but he was probably included for more than just his role in SM2 the game. He's had a cameo in all three of the Raimi films and even though he is not attached to the Amazing Spider-man, he's still linked to Spidey thru his various roles. I'm a Campbell fan so I'm a bit biased when it comes to him but yeah, he was in there for pure nostalgia and unfortunately his role sucked. Oh well. Still love the guy.

I hate his missions, laugh on him hating everything

I hear after collecting a certain number of comics, they begin to appear in the radar. Is this true? And if so, how many does it take for this to happen?

I hear after collecting a certain number of comics, they begin to appear in the radar. Is this true? And if so, how many does it take for this to happen?
Collect 500 pages and unlock every comic book in the extras, the remaining 200 pages appear on the radar
Don't know about other systems, but I needed to collect all those pages on PC to unlock the Scarlet-Spider costume, logos to take picture of refuse to appear for some reason even with setting the time on my PC

Collect 500 pages and unlock every comic book in the extras, the remaining 200 pages appear on the radar
Don't know about other systems, but I needed to collect all those pages on PC to unlock the Scarlet-Spider costume, logos to take picture of refuse to appear for some reason even with setting the time on my PC

Thanks buddy.

My friend's save got deleted after he looked at his extras. So paranoid I'm going to lose everything.

Another question: I beat the game on medium. Is it possible to switch to hard now or do I need to start all over or what? (in order to get the achievement for beating it on super-hero)

Last edited:
Get all of the upgrades and the comic pages first. It won't transfer.
Then, you start all over on hard.

Make sure you do everything else needed to complete the game 100%; car chases, saving civilians, police tasks, etc

This is how I'd rank the Spidey games I've played:

1) Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro
2) Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
3) Spider-Man (2000)

^These first three could switch places with each other because these are pretty even to me^

4) The Amazing Spider-Man
5) Spider-Man 2
6) Spider-Man: The Movie
7) Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows

At least that garbage for a game pretending to showcase Spider-Man is your least favorite

For me it probably goes like this:

1. Ultimate Spider-Man
2. Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
3. Spider-Man 2 (based on the web swinging alone)
4. Spider-Man (PS1)
5. Amazing Spider-Man
6. Edge of Time
7. Spider-Man the Movie
8. Spider-Man 2 (PS1)

The only ones I'm really sure about is the first two. But I've pretty much enjoyed all of them. And I really liked Edge of Time but it has it's short comings so I won't place it higher.

For the moment:
1. The Amazing Spider-Man (PC) (hopefully it sticks until a better more fun game is released)
2. Spider-Man 3 (PC)
3. Spider-Man 2 (PS2) (2&3 reversed with 2&3 :p)
4. Spider-Man 1 &2 (PS1 games tied)
5. Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2/PC)
6. Web of Shadows (NDS, miles more fun than the craptacular PC version)

If any other game is enjoyable it's the GBA version of SM2, rest of the games rank from ok to garbage

My only major complaint is that you need to be able to die from impacting the ground. Web swinging is just more thrilling when there is "risk."

My only major complaint is that you need to be able to die from impacting the ground. Web swinging is just more thrilling when there is "risk."
That's one of the things I really like in the open world Treyarch games more

That's one of the things I really like in the open world Treyarch games more

Yes. What's the point in hitting "swing" moments before I hit the ground when I know I'll love anyway. Spoils it.

If I restart the game on hard, do I lose all my costumes?

Yes. What's the point in hitting "swing" moments before I hit the ground when I know I'll love anyway. Spoils it.

If I restart the game on hard, do I lose all my costumes?
Costumes stay with the new game
You unlocked the 100% costume?

I decided to count how much time it takes to play all story missions, all upgrades, nothing else, just the missions you can replay picking on the billboard in Stan's apartment, and after testing the first 3 missions it's roughly 31 minutes for them. No collectibles since I play the 100% complete save file
Mission 1 (Oscorp Tower): 14 minutes
Mission 2 (Vs S-01 slayer): 6 minutes
Mission 3 (The insane asylum): 11 minutes

I'll assume replaying these will be relatively short, something less than 5 hours in total

Next time, I want moments such as when Spidey in SD had to web zib to the big ship during the wave in Deadpool's mission, or swinging away from the falling SHIELD Carrier. So awesome!

Costumes stay with the new game
You unlocked the 100% costume?

Not yet. Just seeing if I did put I. The time to get it, if I would still be able to replay on hard. If I put in all at time,Vogt the black suit, and then couldn't have it in the restarted game, I would never restart it.

So, if I hit "new game," I will indeed still have the suitsz. That's great.

Not yet. Just seeing if I did put I. The time to get it, if I would still be able to replay on hard. If I put in all at time,Vogt the black suit, and then couldn't have it in the restarted game, I would never restart it.

So, if I hit "new game," I will indeed still have the suitsz. That's great.

When you start a new game you keep:

alt suits earned/unlocked
photos taken
trophies/achievements earned
comic books unlocked
character bios unlocked

But, you lose:

Character/tech upgrades
Collectibles (i.e. magazines, tech pieces)
Comic book pages found (you keep the comic books you've unlocked but when you restart a new game you start back at 0 pages collected. I'd advise getting all 700 and earning 100% game completion before restarting if that means anything to you.)

When you start a new game you keep:

alt suits earned/unlocked
photos taken
trophies/achievements earned
comic books unlocked
character bios unlocked

But, you lose:

Character/tech upgrades
Collectibles (i.e. magazines, tech pieces)
Comic book pages found (you keep the comic books you've unlocked but when you restart a new game you start back at 0 pages collected. I'd advise getting all 700 and earning 100% game completion before restarting if that means anything to you.)

Thanks for being so clear. I have 100% comics, but I will definately need to 100% everything else before restarting so I can get/keep the black suit.

Should've just played on hard the first go around :p

Thanks for being so clear. I have 100% comics, but I will definately need to 100% everything else before restarting so I can get/keep the black suit.

Should've just played on hard the first go around :p

No problem. :woot:

Next time, I want moments such as when Spidey in SD had to web zib to the big ship during the wave in Deadpool's mission, or swinging away from the falling SHIELD Carrier. So awesome!
Agreed. More tension-filled moments would be a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"