The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 5

So I just got this game today and i definitely need to get used to swinging
It's easy to get used to
So I won't get lost playing past games, I leave the swing button as soon as Spidey leaves the line

I'm talking about the PS3/360 version :)

Ahh, ok. I wasn't sure which version you were referring to but I haven't played the one on PS3. I'll have to check it out.

Haha really nice, and sweet to have a little baby! :) I'm still too young to even think about having a baby right now (I'm 21 and studying) and I don't even have a girlfriend yet, but hey I really look forward to have a little kid one day! :)

My daughter is awesome but at the same time I'm glad that I waited until I was ready to have a kid. Take your time...study, work, travel, whatever you want to do. Once the baby comes, it's way more difficult to do things on your own.

And aaw, that last paragraph almost brought me a little tear! That is one thing I love so much about Spider-Man. He's really a (fictional) hero for everyone! I remember when I was just a little kid how I looked up to him so much and strived to be like him. I love when I see a kid's happy face whenever he/she sees Spider-Man in some form. I really don't want that image to disappear in the future by making Spidey some "dark" hero or something, which I'm confident won't happen even if some people might argue that some media try to.

Spider-Man is one of those fictional characters who are just super good for little children like your sweet, sweet daughter. Which is why I feel a little sad when kids watch weird shows these days instead. Sure I may sound nostalgic but I really think Spider-Man, old Disney films etc. were really good for my childhood while many shows these days are rather destructive in comparision and lack that sweet heart with actual depth instead of **** such as Total Drama Action or whatever it's called.

Give your daughter a hug from us Spidey fans :)

Will do! :woot:

It's kind of funny cause she's at the age now where she's able to really observe her environment and take notice of her surroundings. So there I was, with her in my lap, playing some ASM and she just started going crazy. She was laughing and screaming at the screen whenever she saw Spider-man. I wasn't sure if it was just him or maybe the action on the screen so I popped in SM2 the movie and played a couple of scenes with Spidey and she did the same thing. My wife was laughing and said, "aww like Father, like Daughter." I went online today and found a cute stuffed Spider-man toy for her.

Yeah I should wait. It should come naturally I think, whenever I and my future girlfriend are ready :)

Haha I get so warm in my heart reading that UWH. Spider-Man is such a perfect character, kids as well as us longtime fans get happy whenever we seem him. He just has this friendly aura around him.

She will love the toy :)

Ahh, ok. I wasn't sure which version you were referring to but I haven't played the one on PS3. I'll have to check it out.

My daughter is awesome but at the same time I'm glad that I waited until I was ready to have a kid. Take your time...study, work, travel, whatever you want to do. Once the baby comes, it's way more difficult to do things on your own.

Will do! :woot:

It's kind of funny cause she's at the age now where she's able to really observe her environment and take notice of her surroundings. So there I was, with her in my lap, playing some ASM and she just started going crazy. She was laughing and screaming at the screen whenever she saw Spider-man. I wasn't sure if it was just him or maybe the action on the screen so I popped in SM2 the movie and played a couple of scenes with Spidey and she did the same thing. My wife was laughing and said, "aww like Father, like Daughter." I went online today and found a cute stuffed Spider-man toy for her.

Awesome post!!!!!!!!!!

I asked this question at the ASM section but might as well ask here too. When do you think Beenox will announce their next game?

Maybe in the next game convention.
I think there's one by the end of September.

I hope they'll reveal it soon. I can't wait!

Another question:

Let's say Beenox could work for any publisher and make the next Spidey games. Which publisher would you want?

Wow, the camera missions are a little easier with the mouse, but they're still annoying
At least I'm grateful for the 100% completion, although I couldn't unlock the Big Time suit, something must be wrong
I hope they'll reveal it soon. I can't wait!

Another question:

Let's say Beenox could work for any publisher and make the next Spidey games. Which publisher would you want?
Appearantly Square/Eidos is a fine caterer for the franchise, but that will happen if the license went to Beenox, or to those pulishers

I asked this question at the ASM section but might as well ask here too. When do you think Beenox will announce their next game?

I guess that depends on the release date. If it's gonna be a fall release they probably won't announce it until around the end of April during that one event...can't remember which one is during that time. I think it's PAX east but I'm not sure. But yeah, if they plan on releasing it during the summer I'd expect an announcement shortly.

I'm not in a rush though. I'm still enjoying ASM. Maybe it's me just getting old but it seems like today, as soon as something comes out people are already wanting the next things to come out immediately. Patience. Enjoy what you've got.

I'm not in a rush though. I'm still enjoying ASM. Maybe it's me just getting old but it seems like today, as soon as something comes out people are already wanting the next things to come out immediately. Patience. Enjoy what you've got.
Agreed about no need to rush
After finally completing the game 100% though, I don't feel like playing it again for a while, or any other Spider-Man game. Going to focus on completing [P2] then hopefully move on to Sleeping Dogs

Agreed about no need to rush
After finally completing the game 100% though, I don't feel like playing it again for a while, or any other Spider-Man game. Going to focus on completing [P2] then hopefully move on to Sleeping Dogs

I felt the same way after reaching 100% but then I found myself wanting to come back to it again and again.

I'm currently playing thru Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders, and started to play Uncharted 2 again in addition to throwing ASM back on every now and then.

I have come to the conclusion now that I actually like Shattered Dimensions a little bit more than ASM. SD grew better for me than ASM did.

What ASM has over SD is the gameplay itself: the combat, the web rush mechanic etc.

HOWEVER, after playing some SD again lately I realised that there's a little bit more heart felt in that game. It feels like SD was a game that Beenox themselves actually wanted to make, while ASM is the game they wanted to please the fans with. I don't blame them at all, I've always loved them for their friendly relationship with their fans and their ability to listen to them. And ASM was a great effort given the relatively short amount of time and is in no means a bad game.

It's just that SD has that special charm and fun in it that I miss in ASM. The characters are alot more enjoyable here than in ASM. The banters between the Spider-Men and their villains are so much fun and I loved how they felt present all the time! That was non-existant in ASM because of the whole cross-species theme.

I love that SD almost feels like a Crash Bandicoot game. The boss battles are so great, they are thought out and extremely fun! For example, webbing Electro's hand to make him pull it and hit the dam is very clever. I enjoy things like that! Not to mention that the voice acting really elevates the boss fights. I love that SD doesn't take itself too seriously without being ridiculous. Sure, the story should've been alot better, but I'm talking about the interactions between the characters overall.

Also, the designs and graphic style are much more pleasant for the eyes than in ASM. It doesn't try to look too realistic but rather stylish, which I think I prefer now. In this aspect, ASM suffers for being a free roam game, even though the graphics are pretty good at times.

Another thing that ASM sacrifices for being a free roam game is the level design. Those are much better in SD I think and while the levels lacked some variety in SD, they did even more so in ASM.

I definitely see why many people would think I'm a bit stupid for thinking this. Spider-Man belongs in a free roam game and I'm not saying Beenox should go back to linear ones. But I definitely find myself playing SD more than ASM. SD is made simply for being fun. ASM is trying to be this serious, deep game but sacrifices the fun IMO.

What I hope for is the next game to be a mixture. Don't try to look realistic but go for a more stylishtic approach instead, that looks more smooth. I can definitely see a New York in the Amazing dimension graphics. I didn't before, but now I actually do. Could look absolutely beautiful. Don't make characters looks cartoonish and silly, but have that graphic style, make character look more stylish while still have them look menacing somehow.

Have the great voice actors from SD. Electro's was perfect. Steve Blum for Green Goblin could work really great as long as he doesn't overdo the high pitch voice. DeMaggio for a crime lord, etc. Mysterio's voice was great as well. Have CDB voice an adult Spider-Man.

Keep the free roam but give more attention to levels again.

Keep the free flow combat, of course.

Have the boss fights as thought out and fun as in SD.

Make the camera go back again. Yes, I was one of those who voiced for a closer camera prior to ASM but it didn't work as well as I thought. Have predetermined moments where it comes closer to Spidey exactly like in SD (with that same camera-angle, not the even closer one in ASM). Then have the camera further back while running and webswinging, and have the camera like in ASM in combat and while wallcrawling.

Have a super villain always feel present somehow. I want lots and lots of banter between them and Spidey.

Another thing I really want back are those beautiful cinematics by Blur. They were stunning to look at and would really push the level of experience a notch up.

Noir Spidey had more and cooler stealth takedown animations than Spidey in ASM. Pretty weird to me.

etc.

Once i made the decision to get ASM, i threw SD in the trash....well ok i traded it in to Amazon, but still, close enough. SD was neat because it was something new but thats as far as it went for me. I thought the story was beyond abysmal. I rolled my eyes every time a new boss showed up and just happened to find a piece of the tablet. I can agree the boss battles were pretty fun, at least some of them. Ill always take a good story over a bunch of random battles, which is exactly was SD was. I emphasize good because EoT tried to go that route but failed with their story. They scaled the boss battles back but at the same time their story fell flat as well.

The negatives of SD far outweigh its positives. I thought the combat was dreadful in all universes. The story was awful and i rarely felt like the title character. I did LOVE the voice cast though.

What Oscorp described is basically the game I've wanting and saying that I've been wanting for years. Albeit with Josh Keaton instead of CDB but whatever. I really really hope they return to the artstyle they used for Amazing in SD, minus the grainy filter, because it fits Spider-Man as a character so well.

And in my book SD is the second best Spider-Man out there, edged out only by Ultimate Spider-Man.

Oh and by the way, I finished Amazing Spider-Man and thought it was okay-ish. I hope they do Marvel New York justice in the next game, as the New York in ASM was boring and bland. I think I recognized maybe two buildings in the entire city, Chrysler and Empire State Building.

I have come to the conclusion now that I actually like Shattered Dimensions a little bit more than ASM. SD grew better for me than ASM did.

What ASM has over SD is the gameplay itself: the combat, the web rush mechanic etc.

HOWEVER, after playing some SD again lately I realised that there's a little bit more heart felt in that game. It feels like SD was a game that Beenox themselves actually wanted to make, while ASM is the game they wanted to please the fans with. I don't blame them at all, I've always loved them for their friendly relationship with their fans and their ability to listen to them. And ASM was a great effort given the relatively short amount of time and is in no means a bad game.

It's just that SD has that special charm and fun in it that I miss in ASM. The characters are alot more enjoyable here than in ASM. The banters between the Spider-Men and their villains are so much fun and I loved how they felt present all the time! That was non-existant in ASM because of the whole cross-species theme.

I love that SD almost feels like a Crash Bandicoot game. The boss battles are so great, they are thought out and extremely fun! For example, webbing Electro's hand to make him pull it and hit the dam is very clever. I enjoy things like that! Not to mention that the voice acting really elevates the boss fights. I love that SD doesn't take itself too seriously without being ridiculous. Sure, the story should've been alot better, but I'm talking about the interactions between the characters overall.

Also, the designs and graphic style are much more pleasant for the eyes than in ASM. It doesn't try to look too realistic but rather stylish, which I think I prefer now. In this aspect, ASM suffers for being a free roam game, even though the graphics are pretty good at times.

Another thing that ASM sacrifices for being a free roam game is the level design. Those are much better in SD I think and while the levels lacked some variety in SD, they did even more so in ASM.

I definitely see why many people would think I'm a bit stupid for thinking this. Spider-Man belongs in a free roam game and I'm not saying Beenox should go back to linear ones. But I definitely find myself playing SD more than ASM. SD is made simply for being fun. ASM is trying to be this serious, deep game but sacrifices the fun IMO.

What I hope for is the next game to be a mixture. Don't try to look realistic but go for a more stylishtic approach instead, that looks more smooth. I can definitely see a New York in the Amazing dimension graphics. I didn't before, but now I actually do. Could look absolutely beautiful. Don't make characters looks cartoonish and silly, but have that graphic style, make character look more stylish while still have them look menacing somehow.

Have the great voice actors from SD. Electro's was perfect. Steve Blum for Green Goblin could work really great as long as he doesn't overdo the high pitch voice. DeMaggio for a crime lord, etc. Mysterio's voice was great as well. Have CDB voice an adult Spider-Man.

Keep the free roam but give more attention to levels again.

Keep the free flow combat, of course.

Have the boss fights as thought out and fun as in SD.

Make the camera go back again. Yes, I was one of those who voiced for a closer camera prior to ASM but it didn't work as well as I thought. Have predetermined moments where it comes closer to Spidey exactly like in SD (with that same camera-angle, not the even closer one in ASM). Then have the camera further back while running and webswinging, and have the camera like in ASM in combat and while wallcrawling.

Have a super villain always feel present somehow. I want lots and lots of banter between them and Spidey.

Another thing I really want back are those beautiful cinematics by Blur. They were stunning to look at and would really push the level of experience a notch up.

Noir Spidey had more and cooler stealth takedown animations than Spidey in ASM. Pretty weird to me.

etc.
While I like ASM more than SD, I agree with most of what you said. Specially everything regarding boss battles, which was one of my complaints about this game and one of my praises about SD.

I'm not against linear games either. Some of my favorite Spidey games aren't open world games and these have the advantage of diversity in the enviroment and the many challenges it can give us.
Tidal waves, rockets and sand tornados come to mind.

SD is a forgettable video games
And man, no on the ASM visuals, colors are too bright it's annoying, only the forest stage was good looking

SD was good in its own right and IMO could have very well worked as a cartoon saga. It had its moments and charm here and there, but was it the definitive Spider-Man experience? Nope. ASM had a lot of obstacles in front of it, a lot of those obstacles were set by the previous freeroam Spidey games not living up to the hype. I feel like Beenox stepped their game with ASM and although it's not a perfect game, what little shortcomings it had could be smoothed out in the next game. Each time I pick up a Spidey game, I go into the game solo and not with the previous Spidey game on my mind. Once I finish the game, I then look at what it did better than the previous game and what they previous did better than the current game.

Each time I pick up a Spidey game, I go into the game solo and not with the previous Spidey game on my mind. Once I finish the game, I then look at what it did better than the previous game and what they previous did better than the current game.
I try do do that, until my mind thinks back automatically of earlier experiences

I try do do that, until my mind thinks back automatically of earlier experiences

Any game that I play that is part of a long line of games or a series, I take each entry as it's own entity. For example, the F.E.A.R games, each game retains the same mechanics from the previous, but IMO, the first 2 games were more enjoyable than the last entry to the series. The scares came off as cheap and forced, (Gunfight, military banter, silence, random monster or appearance of Alma) and that's pretty much the game. With the Spider-Man games, we've gotten a few on current gen consoles, and out of all of them, SD and ASM are the only ones worth playing. Why? because those are 2 games that managed to do something different, SD brought Spider-Man back to the linear playing field and ASM rebooted the way the free-roam Spider-Man games play.

Beenox played it safe with both games, neither one of them were god awful, and were playable all the way through. Should they stick with one type of gameplay style? I wouldn't think so. Ultimately, what Beenox needs is another Spider-Man game that doesn't have the constraints of a film being attached to it so they have ample time to deliver a great game. Say what you want about ASM, the game was very good when compared to its predecessors, if they had more time to polish the game and come up with more mission types, and extended replay value, the game would have shot into the stratosphere as being one of if not the best Spider-Man game. ASM was 10 steps in the right direction.

With the Spider-Man games, we've gotten a few on current gen consoles, and out of all of them, SD and ASM are the only ones worth playing. Why? because those are 2 games that managed to do something different, SD brought Spider-Man back to the linear playing field and ASM rebooted the way the free-roam Spider-Man games play.
SD is so overrated, 12 levels in a row you do the exact same thing, almost an identical pattern.
And the NOIR guy? Can't break the block even with charged attack if stealth is required
And one of the most overlong boss fights that is not in a JRPG

SD is so overrated, 12 levels in a row you do the exact same thing, almost an identical pattern.
And the NOIR guy? Can't break the block even with charged attack if stealth is required
And one of the most overlong boss fights that is not in a JRPG

But that's your opinion bro, the game IMO was enjoyable, both SD and ASM were steps in the right direction. Overlooking Edge of Time, I still have faith in Beenox. Aside from the repetitive gameplay and a few boss fights, look at what the games did accomplish. SD is very flashy and has a nice comic book feel to it, and as I've stated earlier, it could have worked as a cartoon story arc or a comic book miniseries. ASM managed to bring back the free-roam gameplay and make it fun, despite not being exactly like SM2, which a lot of people were hoping for.

ASM managed to bring back the free-roam gameplay and make it fun, despite not being exactly like SM2, which a lot of people were hoping for.
While SM2 is a good game, I don't share the reverence a lot of Spidey fans give it
Villains, swinging, charged jump, wall running, and Black Cat are easily more fun in SM2, same goes for street missions and their variety, almost everything else is better in ASM (cause I probably missed missed something)

While SM2 is a good game, I don't share the reverence a lot of Spidey fans give it
Villains, swinging, charged jump, wall running, and Black Cat are easily more fun in SM2, same goes for street missions and their variety, almost everything else is better in ASM (cause I probably missed missed something)

That's what SM2 did better?? What else is there?

That's what SM2 did better?? What else is there?
Combat, visuals, story missions, vocal performance, holding the camera instead of stepping on a token to see picture automatically taken, instead of Superman references with no relation to it there are Ninja Turtles references to come with the main star in this game voicing one of them before, stealth, the Xtreme Reporter is funny unlike Quentin Beck, robots to fight are far less annoying, more costumes, the look of the Raimi costume(s).....
The biggest chunk

Also, this game had more interesting advertising, SM2 advertising felt ok and nothing more. (though TASM is the only game I saw its advertisement before owning and completing)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"