The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameplay wise and graphics wise, they are doing something totally different but I have found stuff in the articles and trailers that have certain things from both SD & EoT included in TASM, but those things have been improved.

For instance, the ability to web up an object in the environment and use it as a weapon. This was an ability that was available in both SD & EoT, however from what I've seen in the trailers, the animations have been improved greatly.

The stealth attacks are being used again from what we got with Noir Spidey. In the TASM trailers you can see him using that 'web cocoon' to subdue guys and apparently from reading the articles you can use a move where you web guys to the floor and walls, just like in Noir parts of SD. Actually, there was an upgrade in EoT where you could web enemies to the walls too.

From the Xbox article, there was a mention of how when Spidey is sneaking into Oscorp, he was seen dodging lasers and crawling thru vents. Both of those ideas or gameplay tactics or whatever you'd call them were abundant in EoT. I'm sure they've made improvements to the animations and the mechanics but the idea is still the same.

These are just a couple of things that I can think of, off the top of my head. I'm sure there are and will be more things borrowed from both those games. Beenox may be borrowing a bit here and there but with an all new gameplay mechanic and engine, I'm sure those ideas will come to life even more so.

As much as I disliked those games, I think those elements would lend itself well to an open world spider-man game, it adds some much needed variety. And although it was mentioned in an earlier article, I also like what they're doing with the camera work in this game, there's a great cinematic look when spider-man is swinging and the camera moves around him. I also like how they pulled the camera in on spider-man. Web of Shadows spider-man felt too big in relation to his surroundings, Spider-man 2 he seemed way too small; this game seems to have the appropriate scale.

But we REALLY need to see something in the next couple of weeks. Either the demo they've been showing, or an interview with some new gameplay thrown in, anything outside of quick cut trailers. There are several other games that come out around the same time or later that have shown so much more, I just don't get what the strategy is behind the lack of gameplay footage outside of the 2.5 trailers.

Well the marketing won't be as heavy for this title compared to others as Activision will rely primarily on Sony and their ads for the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"