The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cover is beautiful.
The pose reminds me a lot of SM2.

That's a pretty low threshold you got there. :woot:
Yeah, I'm easy.

Seriously, though, I'm only half kidding. Obviously, I want a game that's entertaining and engaging; but after I finished SM2, I still loved roaming around the city, exploring every nook and cranny... except for that damn kid!
I want to get a consistent true to Manhattan design, every other free roam game in Manhattan displayed different arrangement and designs for buildings, and WoS design of the Flatiron building was far off
Yeah, and if I remember correctly, there was no Chrysler building! WTF?!

I want a great manhattan as well. Most importantly I want it to be to size.

Spidey always looks too big. Except in SM2. That was great.

Beenox gave me one mediocre Spider-Man title and then turned around and handed me one of the worst Spidey games iv ever played(great voice acting aside). I wouldn't want to play another SD or EoT. Beenox is 0 for 2 in my book.

co-sign.

The new cover is pretty good. Much better than the mock-up that we've been shown thus far.

I like the cover, it's the kind of thing you'd imagine covering an entire building at E3 lol.

Well i've given up on my avoidance of watching any videos in relation to this game. After being on the DMC thread I'm a bit upset that we still haven't seen any gameplay videos for ASM outside of super edited trailers. DMC has no release date and already has about 2 or more gameplay vids in addition to a trailer. ASM has been in development for "4 years" and not one true gameplay vid, stange.

I don't think it's strange at all. We've seen plenty of gameplay through the trailers, since I'm pretty sure they were all gameplay footage anyway. Also, those extended gameplay walkthroughs are usually premiered at the big Games expos anyway.

Well i've given up on my avoidance of watching any videos in relation to this game. After being on the DMC thread I'm a bit upset that we still haven't seen any gameplay videos for ASM outside of super edited trailers. DMC has no release date and already has about 2 or more gameplay vids in addition to a trailer. ASM has been in development for "4 years" and not one true gameplay vid, stange.

Where did you read that? No way is that true.

I know it's not true hence the quotation marks. One of the previous posters stated that, and whether or not Beenox did or didn't claim It I still don't and won't believe it.

Large version:

91EqvtyatvL._AA1500_.jpg

The more I see this new spidey costume, the more it reminds me of Ben Reilly's costume. Which is great.

Considering most game developers release mainly CGI trailers or cutscene based trailers, I actually think we're lucky to be getting purely gameplay footage based trailers. You'll get a demo video soon enough, Beenox have said that. They only showed games journos a demo last week, you can read about that. That means they have a demo build available that they are showing people and we will most likely see footage of that shortly.

That cover design reminds me SOOOOOO much of the Spider-Man 2 poster. Very cool.
MPW-10087

I like seeing the web shooter in that pic, it's the first time for a spider-man video game cover.

Considering most game developers release mainly CGI trailers or cutscene based trailers, I actually think we're lucky to be getting purely gameplay footage based trailers. You'll get a demo video soon enough, Beenox have said that. They only showed games journos a demo last week, you can read about that. That means they have a demo build available that they are showing people and we will most likely see footage of that shortly.

If that's true then all fine by me, I was under the impression they were going to wait until e3 which is only 20 days before the game is released. I agree that it's great to have gameplay trailers rather than cgi only.

If you want more gameplay details you should read all the hands on reports that came out last week. I would recommend the IGN and Kotaku ones, they were pretty good.

I know it's not true hence the quotation marks. One of the previous posters stated that, and whether or not Beenox did or didn't claim It I still don't and won't believe it.

Here's the article so you can read it for yourselves.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/new...g-spider-man-in-development-for-the-past-year

The 4 year mark was pre-production. Actual production on the game didn't begin until around 2 years ago.

We will hopefully get a unedited look at gameplay with the upcoming PAX show in early April.

Yeah, man, I agree. I don't understand why people have been complaining so much about the lack of gameplay shown for TASM when in reality the majority of the trailers released for this game are nothing but actual gameplay. It's a nice change to see stuff like that, when in previous trailers, (go look at the trailers for SD and EoT), they show hardly anything gameplay related.

Looks like Amazon.com has pulled the box art, guess Activision got a little pissy. In other words, expect an "official" reveal of the box art soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"