The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Not enough model variety for the bad guys (sometimes they all look the same)

I don't think that should be a "bad." Almost every "open world" game I've ever played has characters that look identical to each other. I swear I pass the same cow folk in Red Dead Redemption every few minuets.

All in all, decent review... his complaints seem to focus on things I don't really care about "any where websling" and "auto-pilot."

unfortunately, those are the things I MOST care about. Oh well. I'm not going to hate on it, I will play it and probably enjoy it, but it won't be the game i put in when i just want to traverse the city as Spider-Man.

I can understand how "swing anywhere" could bug people. It never really bothered me.. You could do that in Spider-Man 1 (PS2) and I didn't really care... Auto-pilot seriously plays/handles very well in the 3DS version... So I'm not worried about how it will feel on the console version.

As for wall crawling.. and I've said this before.. I ALWAYS get screwed up when I wall crawl.. in every Spider-Man game. The cameras always tend to go wonky when you're on the ceiling.

I do like that he more or less says this is a must have game for every Spider-Man fan. Who knows.. Maybe Benox will give us a patch that fixes the auto-pilot swing? Or the Swing anywhere if people really dislike that?

Or.. Maybe that's too big for a patch. I dunno.

Last edited:
Cute, this should confirm Miles Morales costume and Future Foundations too. <3

Can somebody post an actual pic? I can't get to the website.

Thx!

tumblr_m5xqkshTFV1rz8bnjo1_500.png

Well all my complaints have been solved by that review.

My only issue with auto web swinging was the fact that there is a cut off point where he will automatically release the web to start a new one but the fact that you can hold both triggers to swing higher fixes that issue. Other than that I can control whether or not I swing over open spaces and above sky scrapers and I can pull and release if I want as well. So the other issues or of no real consequence.

7.5 out of 10 is a pretty good score and in my book some of the things the reviewer gave a negative complaint, i.e. character models looking too similar, are not really that big of a deal.

I can understand how "swing anywhere" could bug people. It never really bothered me.. You could do that in Spider-Man 1 (PS2) and I didn't really care... Auto-pilot seriously plays/handles very well in the 3DS version... So I'm not worried about how it will feel on the console version.

As for wall crawling.. and I've said this before.. I ALWAYS get screwed up when I wall crawl.. in every Spider-Man game. The cameras always tend to go wonky when you're on the ceiling.

I do like that he more or less says this is a must have game for every Spider-Man fan. Who knows.. Maybe Benox will give us a patch that fixes the auto-pilot swing? Or the Swing anywhere if people really dislike that?

Or.. Maybe that's too big for a patch. I dunno.
Probably too big for a patch, but I'd love just the option to switch it to realistic swinging.

7.5 out of 10 is a pretty good score and in my book some of the things the reviewer gave a negative complaint, i.e. character models looking too similar, are not really that big of a deal.

7.5, not bad at all, some of the complaints IMO are nothing that bad. I kinda disagreed with the model variety. I mean Spidey faces off with thugs, super-villains and from time to time robots, don't really see how u can vary up thugs, I mean, some with street clothes on, some in prison suits, some with ski mask on, some with baseball caps, what more did they want? Oh well, still getting the game

Agreed. I don't think character models looking similar should be held against the game. I mean... The thugs in AA/AC all looked pretty much the same. Hell, in AC every single thug was voiced by Nolan North. I didn't hold that against Rocksteady. :oldraz:

The main thing I want to know is how spoiler-ish is it? I mean.. Is it just "Oh Spider-Man saved the day" type of "duh" spoiler or is it an in depth spoiler as to how TASM ends?

If so... Stupid release date.

On a side note that isn't a very trustworthy site the review came from

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/21/the-boy-who-still-hates-ultimate-spider-man/

I know. It's asinine.

Strugler is actually a member on this site. He's been trying to say that it wasn't actually him but only a few hours after MarvelTVNews posted on the video game thread in the Spider-Man section about his impressions, Strugler posted his impressions, and they were exactly the same. He's not trying very hard.

7.5, not bad at all, some of the complaints IMO are nothing that bad. I kinda disagreed with the model variety. I mean Spidey faces off with thugs, super-villains and from time to time robots, don't really see how u can vary up thugs, I mean, some with street clothes on, some in prison suits, some with ski mask on, some with baseball caps, what more did they want? Oh well, still getting the game

also mutants

Agreed. I don't think character models looking similar should be held against the game. I mean... The thugs in AA/AC all looked pretty much the same. Hell, in AC every single thug was voiced by Nolan North. I didn't hold that against Rocksteady. :oldraz:

The main thing I want to know is how spoiler-ish is it? I mean.. Is it just "Oh Spider-Man saved the day" type of "duh" spoiler or is it an in depth spoiler as to how TASM ends?

If so... Stupid release date.

They discuss the fate of a main character the first time you reach the apartment.

They discuss the fate of a main character the first time you reach the apartment.

....Damn.

So help me... If Gwen is killed by the Lizard I'm gonna be so pissed..

Disregard that spoiler. I just read what Emma Stone had to say about Gwens death and how it SHOULD happen within this series.

Last edited:
Oh man, now I'll be kept in suspense in wondering what it was you had to say. :p

Oh man, now I'll be kept in suspense in wondering what it was you had to say. :p

Haha for some odd ass reason when i clicked to come to this thread it put me right under the post about the review so i just copied the bullet points and posted thinking id help everyone out so they didn't have to go to the link, but when i posted it, i realized i was like 10 posts behind and you knuckle heads had already read and dissected the review.

Oh and thanks for spoiling another costume for me :argh:

Gah! I really am gonna have to stay out of this place.

Haha for some odd ass reason when i clicked to come to this thread it put me right under the post about the review so i just copied the bullet points and posted thinking id help everyone out so they didn't have to go to the link, but when i posted it, i realized i was like 10 posts behind and you knuckle heads had already read and dissected the review.

Oh and thanks for spoiling another costume for me :argh:

Gah! I really am gonna have to stay out of this place.

Good luck with that lol. It's difficult to stay outta this thread.

Edit: Hey guys, let's use spoiler tags for the alt suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"