The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 5

I have a feeling Venom is off limits. Im hoping the characters that were referenced in this game can be used. Guys like Vulture, Sandman, Hydroman and Mysterio.

I have a feeling Venom is off limits. Im hoping the characters that were referenced in this game can be used. Guys like Vulture, Sandman, Hydroman and Mysterio.
Hope he stays that way, too many games with symbiotes made it too much I want a new universe (and its spin-off) to be as free from symbiotes storywise as possible, even if black goo was hinted in one of the characters profile

Mysterio was never referenced in ASM. It was actually Mr. Negative. Which would be a really cool villain to have in a game btw

Got a list of things I would love to see in the net game

• Since I'm replaying Assassin's Creed 2 and use contextual camera at hiding, I think it would be excellent to have camera view contextual in a boss fight when your back is sticking to a wall
  • I hope the PC version can learn from Bethesda and make the mouse scroll used for zooming in and out within range, from displaying full character model to over the shoulder camera
  • Regiel should stay the voice of Spider-Man the entire series
  • Cut down the glitches as much as possible, a few random amusing glitches like a car flying away or thugs tap dancing in the street making it too easy to defeat once in a blue moon is no problem, but no lost saves, no screen tearing and black screens, no frozen untouchable enemies, no disappearing characters, etc...

Mysterio was never referenced in ASM. It was actually Mr. Negative. Which would be a really cool villain to have in a game btw

Yeah, he could be pretty cool. They could do some cool things with his powers and his henchmen, the Inner Demons.

Hydro-Man would be refreshing to see as well. Even though I didn't like Sandman's level in SD, they did use him to a great effect, and I doubt they could top that.

In your opinions, what did Beenox do in ASM that was a "home run" in terms of development or gameplay or any aspect of the game? Something that you feel they truly nailed.

Yeah, he could be pretty cool. They could do some cool things with his powers and his henchmen, the Inner Demons.

Hydro-Man would be refreshing to see as well. Even though I didn't like Sandman's level in SD, they did use him to a great effect, and I doubt they could top that.

Yeah Mr. Negative has some great potential for a video game villain. Hydro-Man as well.

If those photo missions were hints at villains for ASM2: The Game then I'm very excited because that would mean: Vulture, Hydro-Man, Sandman, Mr. Negative and Man-Wolf (+ others of course).

In your opinions, what did Beenox do in ASM that was a "home run" in terms of development or gameplay or any aspect of the game? Something that you feel they truly nailed.

* The main villain, Allistair Smythe. Everything from his looks, his voice, his motives, his audio recordings, his plot, dialogue, the Spider Slayers etc. was extremely well done! Beenox seem to be great at handelling main villains because Sloan and future Peter Parker were very cool in EoT as well.

* The combat. It was just so much fun and awesome when you reach the combo number that allows you to finish them off with signature moves. Awesome!

* The cinematic feel in certain parts of the game. Beenox really has talent when it comes to this.

* Characters and story overall.

* The feeling of vertigo.

* While not really accurate, I loved the look of the city and the lighting effects. New York has never looked so beautiful in any Spidey game before. And while some people complain about New York looking lifeless and empty, I do not agree because I think Beenox made a big improvement to that with lots and lots of cars and traffic and people walking around.

* Having "Stan's" appartment work as some kind of menue was a genious move IMO. Speaking of Stan, his cameo was awesome!

* The comic book collecting and being able to read them was awesome! The character trophies and bios were perfect as well! Another thing Beenox owns at

I'm pretty sure there is more but this are what comes off the top of my head. I'd like to say Web Rush as well but IMO, it still needs alot of polishing (Spidey not doing weird change of direction mid-air when pressing at a new point for example).

Anyone try playing this with PS Move? Surprisngly, it works really well! I didnt feel it was necesary or does anything better that you cant accomplish just as well or better with a DS3, but it works and can be fun swinging around the city using it. My only issue was using L1 to aim the camera but if you leave that alone, its not a hinderance at all. Pointing to the screen for the web rush move is a bit accurate and thats probably where this setup would get the most benefit.

The visual style of the game

The combat

The web rush mechanic

The voice work

The web swinging

this game is the template that should be used from here on out. going back to a SD or EoT style would be a massive step backwards

The visual style of the game

The combat

The web rush mechanic

The voice work

The web swinging

this game is the template that should be used from here on out. going back to a SD or EoT style would be a massive step backwards

I agree 100%!:):up:

Honestly, I almost view TAS as being similar to the first Spidey movie game, except it offers a city to free roam with a few side quests. I say a city because quite frankly, despite the beauty of the visuals, it really isn't NYC. If it wasn't for the very small handful of signature buildings and a barely discernible image of a statue out int he water, I wouldn't know where I was.

I've actually been playing Spiderman 2 the past two evenings to remind myself of what I loved about it. I found I was a little rusty on the web-swinging and moves, but I was immediately struck by the fact that despite the age and nearing two generations old graphics, I still prefer the take on NYC in the 2004 game. It looks and is shaped like NYC. You were encouraged to explore it because there was so much to see and play the "hey, I recognize that place" game. That is practically non-existent in TAS. I honestly get the feeling that the developers at Beenox really don't know NY and have very little familiarity or love for it. I can't be the only one who saw the size and placement of some of the parking lots and thought "Ok, have these people ever been to Manhattan?"

The lack of organic random crimes in TAS is a big negative. It was one of the mechanics of Spiderman 2 that drove the game. You'd be enjoying the thrill of swinging and sight-seeing and then need to make a quick stop to stomp the ever-loving sh** out of a purse-snatcher. TAS throws in a very, very limited range of side-quests that are obvious after-thoughts.

Spidey 2 was a Spiderman Simulator. You got to live the days and nights in the life of Spidey. TAS is just one story that doesn't truly allow you to do that. Your girlfriend is in quarantine infected with a serious virus.. it's "hurry Pete, hurry!" the whole time. Granted there is no timer forcing you to haul ass and not take the time to just explore NYC, but contrast that to the epic presentation of Spiderman 2 that had multiple interweaving story arcs that unfolded all in good time.. they encouraged you to take time out to explore the city, crack some heads open. To do that in TAS you have to ignore the sense of urgency coming from the story and there really isn't much to see or do at all, so you may as well get on with the main-story.

TAS lays out the groundwork for what I hope becomes a sequel that truly does bring the kind of epic experience you got in Spiderman 2. They probably shouldn't have kept referencing Spiderman 2 when talking about developing TAS, because everything Spiderman 2 does well... they fail at in TAS. They win at translating the Arkham formula to Spiderman. When looked at that way.. it shines better.

I am curious at how others are reacting after playing TAS and then revisiting Spiderman 2.

I didn't like Spider-Man 2 back then and i still don't like it. Just because the swinging was fun doesnt excuse the awful combat, boring missions, really stiff animations, and some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard. Organic side missions? Haha ok if retrieving balloons is your definition of side missions. Sure ya get a car Chase every once and a while but its mostly balloons.

I didn't like Spider-Man 2 back then and i still don't like it. Just because the swinging was fun doesnt excuse the awful combat, boring missions, really stiff animations, and some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard. Organic side missions? Haha ok if retrieving balloons is your definition of side missions. Sure ya get a car Chase every once and a while but its mostly balloons.
This! SM2 was incredibly overrated. I think it got that bc it was the first free roam Spidey game in a videogame adaptation of NYC. I thought the missions were boring to and hated the visual style of it and combat wasnt great. I thought Ultimate Spider-man improved upon it in almost every way except the swinging.

(At least the swinging in Spider-Man 2 was better than it is in this game).

(At least the swinging in Spider-Man 2 was better than it is in this game).
It was better than in most games. We've had so many Spidey games since then. Its a shame no one has tried to replicate it

Seriously? SM2 is NOT overrated
And why is it people keep remembering the balloon and nothing else? Almost all street missions from that one were replicated to USM, minus the ship and the informant, and bots
Arcade arenas for training and XP points
So far one of the most easily identifiable Manhattan
The start of the game is basic tutorial before story mode, and there is the token to skip it, which should be done in more games tbh

As for ASM being SM movie game 1 with a city? I'm sorry, but just no, if some thugs here are faster than Spider-Man and he can't dodge bullets then I might agree, those were killer flaws in the first movie game

Honestly the swinging is all the same to me. Hit the trigger, let go, hit the trigger, let go.

Honestly the swinging is all the same to me. Hit the trigger, let go, hit the trigger, let go.

But the web's don't attach to buildings. That's not just a problem cause it's lazy and dumb but also because you don't have to think about which building you want to attach to to swing in a certain direction etc.

Heck you can even just hold down swing in this one, it's just auto-game, kinda kills the feel of the city for me.

The physics feel off when he swings to as there's little to no weight to him in this game. Ive mentioned it but he feels very floaty when in the air. The swinging here does feel different from past games. They dont all feel the same

If he leaves swings on autopilot it's different than regular swinging from previous titles
But the web's don't attach to buildings. That's not just a problem cause it's lazy and dumb but also because you don't have to think about which building you want to attach to to swing in a certain direction etc.
I'm pretty sure I heard one from Beenox say it before it getting quoted and repeated several times here, it's made that way for ease of fighting and playing
Neither is it lazy nor dumb, it's a wise in what they designed and offered

I'm pretty sure I heard one from Beenox say it before it getting quoted and repeated several times here, it's made that way for ease of fighting and playing
Neither is it lazy nor dumb, it's a wise in what they designed and offered

I'll retract 'lazy' because I'm sure working under the orders and restrictions of Activision takes a heart of steel, but the word 'dumb' remains. In terms of an open world both Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man made a lot of better decisions than this one. USM even had better combat than this Arkham Asylum ripoff.

So guys, do you think Beenox is working at ASM2 right now or something not tied to the sequel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"