The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 5

At least his combat in ASM is more Spidey like IMO, for the life of me, I never understood that move in SM2 where he could knock an enemy in the air and repeatedly stomp on the top of their head yet somehow the enemy is still suspended in the air :huh:

Haha god i hated that crap. Or the awful web fist from SD. When did spider-man become green lantern. Still can't figure out who the hell thought that was a good idea.

Side note, if you start a new game in ASM, you keep your costumes right? What about character trophies and comics. Can you go back and look at them or do they reset as well?

Haha god i hated that crap. Or the awful web fist from SD. When did spider-man become green lantern. Still can't figure out who the hell thought that was a good idea.

Side note, if you start a new game in ASM, you keep your costumes right? What about character trophies and comics. Can you go back and look at them or do they reset as well?

You keep the costumes, as for the comics, I dont think so.

Ugghhhhh, I couldn't stand those Web Fist, I can't even imagine how his web shooters could even calculate doing such a thing, I also hated the regular web fist from earlier games (where he would literally case his fist in webbing) dude......he already has strength proportionate to a spider and he pulls his punches on normal thugs, so why would you need web fist to deal extra damage if you already outmatch your opponent from jump? That's like Superman using brass knuckles when his strongest punch alone would make a normal guy explode on contact

At least his combat in ASM is more Spidey like IMO,
Kinda makes me want to watch lucha libre
for the life of me, I never understood that move in SM2 where he could knock an enemy in the air and repeatedly stomp on the top of their head yet somehow the enemy is still suspended in the air :huh:
Allows the full move?

You keep the costumes, as for the comics, I dont think so.

Ugghhhhh, I couldn't stand those Web Fist, I can't even imagine how his web shooters could even calculate doing such a thing, I also hated the regular web fist from earlier games (where he would literally case his fist in webbing) dude......he already has strength proportionate to a spider and he pulls his punches on normal thugs, so why would you need web fist to deal extra damage if you already outmatch your opponent from jump? That's like Superman using brass knuckles when his strongest punch alone would make a normal guy explode on contact

LOL

that was great.

LOL

that was great.

I'm just saying bro, if your gonna make a game based on a superhero, make his combat fit within the realm of his abilities. People want to argue that Spidey's webs don't attach to buildings, but Spidey pulling a straight up "stairmaster" on a thugs head without gravity over-taking him is completely plausible.....get it together people

I'm just saying bro, if your gonna make a game based on a superhero, make his combat fit within the realm of his abilities.
Wonder if they make a Superman game, will free flow fit him? And will it add aerial moves?

One question about his jumps, if you move forward fast and press jump, does Spider-Man push his body diagonally (like in SM2 with speed button pressed before jump release) or simply does hulk jumps with whole body vertically upwards??

ok here's a second opinon on the game. from Rotr

Reviews

Second Opinion – The Amazing Spider-Man (Xbox 360/PS3)

Jose and Ben return to webslinging with The Amazing Spider-Man.Check out the First Opinion here...

Shows

July 11 – Reviews on the Run – Full Show

Return to webslinging with a second look at The Amazing Spider-Man, discover interesting and weird music through Apps, revisit the basics in Simply Minesweeper, the queen of the galaxy arrives ...

jose score is a7.0 and Ben gave it a 6.5 with these two as they said "web swinging was fun but the bulk of game was in closed boring spaces space like the "sewers."
Tally that with vic's and scotts. which vic's was a 7.0 .( he liked it) So That's \two 7.0's a 6.5 and then there's scotts which was 6.0.

Btw for those of you that don't understand the scoring "mediocre is 5" and below is bad. 6 is "good/ it made the pass" according to the shows owner and host Victor lucus.

source:Rotor

Last edited:
Below 5 is bad
Is 6 really fair? Sigh, I'll have to check the laggy video to load then say what I think

Below 5 is bad
Is 6 really fair? Sigh, I'll have to check the laggy video to load then say what I think
depends on the reviewer as I said vic's the more fair reviewer compaired to scott. scott has his good points to be made but sometimes he's too harsh. and as I told you in the other thread that tude of his ended putting him in this dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16
ok last of the video reviews

here's ROTR(Review ON THE Run)

Reviews

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (X360/PS3) – VIDEO REVIEW

Victor and Scott review baseball superstar, Curt Schilling's labor of love action-RPG..

vic gave it a 9 and scott gave it 4.5 and that's reason scott's been wearing a princess peach dress all this week. he lost a bet due his predictions and reasoning for scoring.

Feb 10 - Reviews on the Run - 7

and as too the latter.

Feb 10 - Reviews on the Run
from here http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=354139&page=7
as I said to you before in the spiderman thread before this one.

but he was right on ninja gaiden and others. just watch out for scotts reviews sometimes. that's all I'm saying. There's a reason he ends up like this alot. But it's funny to see. the scores for spider SD were higher over all though.

Last edited:
How many missions are NOT interior missions?

the best of this game is the combat.

web rush is neat, but it needs some tweaking for the next game. depends a little too much on firing webs. sometimes it would be more practical for Spidey to just jump to the location.

I hope they make a TASM 2 game. or, even better, take this engine and apply it to a non-movie, 616 comic game.

Agreed about the combat. I'm only on chapter 3, but I'm really liking the combat. There's many different moves that Spidey does and I still have to buy a lot of moves.

As for the web-swing, I'm really disliking it so far. Frustrating is the word that comes to mind, but this isn't my final judgement. I'll play the entire game to see if it'll grow on me or if I'll get accostumed to it, then I'll judge.

As for the web-swing, I'm really disliking it so far. Frustrating is the word that comes to mind, but this isn't my final judgement. I'll play the entire game to see if it'll grow on me or if I'll get accostumed to it, then I'll judge.

You will have to move away from what you are used to and start incorporating a combination of web rush/web swing to get the most out of it. I launch myself into the air with web rush a lot. You have experiment with what web rush can do.

The web rush move.. I really do like. The swinging.. not so much. It's too dumbed-down and I don't really care for the motion. The camera-placement is fine though.

How many missions are NOT interior missions?

None. They're all indoor. I mean there are some boss battles that take place outside, and you have your side missions that are outdoors, but all the main story missions are indoor missions. They're great.

The outdoor side missions with snipers and spider hunters are still fun tho.

The outdoor side missions with snipers and spider hunters are still fun tho.

Oh yea, the spider slayer battles were awesome. i really didn't expect to enjoy them as much as i did.

So, for the next game if it's an original one not tied to the next film, what would you want the story and plot to be like? Who would you have as main villain? Who would you have as voice actors? What new gameplay elements would you add to the game?

Okay so I haven't played ASM yet, so I'm not gonna comment on that. But my hopes (that won't be fulfilled) for the next game is this. After SD the main team went on to do ASM, the EoT team did EoT and a small fraction led by Thomas Wilson (director of SD) started working on a new spidey title. Free roam, more condensed New York city with all the Marvel landmarks.Just going all out comic book on it. Of course more and more people would have to be working on it as time went by. Goblin storyline with a voice cast basically imported from Spectacular Spider-Man. And having a cel-shaded look, akin to the amazing universe in SD, minus the grainy filter. (I know I'm probably a minority on that one.) And keep the web rush.

That is what I would want. I mean I have no idea if Thomas Wilson worked on ASM but he was the game director on SD so it doesn't make sense to me that he would've been demoted.

Okay so I haven't played ASM yet, so I'm not gonna comment on that. But my hopes (that won't be fulfilled) for the next game is this. After SD the main team went on to do ASM, the EoT team did EoT and a small fraction led by Thomas Wilson (director of SD) started working on a new spidey title. Free roam, more condensed New York city with all the Marvel landmarks.Just going all out comic book on it. Of course more and more people would have to be working on it as time went by. Goblin storyline with a voice cast basically imported from Spectacular Spider-Man. And having a cel-shaded look, akin to the amazing universe in SD, minus the grainy filter. (I know I'm probably a minority on that one.) And keep the web rush.

That is what I would want. I mean I have no idea if Thomas Wilson worked on ASM but he was the game director on SD so it doesn't make sense to me that he would've been demoted.

I agree with you, that's what I'd want as well (except I'd have Willem Dafoe voice the Green Goblin as he's still got the best voice for it IMO).

What would you like the story to be like? Would you add anything to gameplay?

Free roam, more condensed New York city with all the Marvel landmarks.

More condensed??? The one we just got is already too condensed and barely resembles the real thing. Lower Manhattan and Midtown are smooshed together as one mess of non-descript buildings with a handful of recognizable ones and key ones that shape the skyline completely omitted. No thanks. It's been going backwards for the most part since Spiderman 2. I give credit to Spiderman 3 for adding the bridges and Subways, but otherwise, the previous game did it better. USM's wasn't too bad with the Marvel approach. We are long overdue for a version of NYC that takes everything from Spiderman 2 and 3 and takes it to the next level. This backwards direction needs to end already. That is not what should happen as the technology and graphics improve.

the best of this game is the combat.

web rush is neat, but it needs some tweaking for the next game. depends a little too much on firing webs. sometimes it would be more practical for Spidey to just jump to the location.

I hope they make a TASM 2 game. or, even better, take this engine and apply it to a non-movie, 616 comic game.
Ya, this would be a good opportunity to go back to the realistic idea of only being able to shoot webs when they can attach to something in terms of transportation, and have more jumping/parkouring around. I hate the web zip into thin air thing, but it's great when the animation includes jumping up and running on a building then jumping off into the air.

I agree with you, that's what I'd want as well (except I'd have Willem Dafoe voice the Green Goblin as he's still got the best voice for it IMO).

What would you like the story to be like? Would you add anything to gameplay?

Well as I haven't played ASM yet I can't really say how it plays, but I'd want anchored swinging. Something I always thought would be cool ever since I played the Scarecrow part of Arkham Asylum though is to have a mission where you go into another dimension with Dr. Strange. So the devs could just go all out with weirdness and have it be more platforming focused. Just thought it could be cool.

And for a final Goblin fight I always imagined them just playing up the feelings. Make Spidey stop quip, some intense music and change the color hues to red (like setting it a dusk). Obviously to emphasis that Spider-Man is just pissed off at GG.

More condensed??? The one we just got is already too condensed and barely resembles the real thing. Lower Manhattan and Midtown are smooshed together as one mess of non-descript buildings with a handful of recognizable ones and key ones that shape the skyline completely omitted. No thanks. It's been going backwards for the most part since Spiderman 2. I give credit to Spiderman 3 for adding the bridges and Subways, but otherwise, the previous game did it better. USM's wasn't too bad with the Marvel approach. We are long overdue for a version of NYC that takes everything from Spiderman 2 and 3 and takes it to the next level. This backwards direction needs to end already. That is not what should happen as the technology and graphics improve.

I honestly don't really care about size. I mean of course it shouldn't be small, but it's never gonna be like the real thing. I rather they make their own vision of New York, where each location is memorable. USM did this to great effect in my opinion. That New York is a bit on the small side though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"