The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - Part 5

Whoa, how you do the web yo-yo?
He hit the wall while flipping during the swing
First time it happened after he hit a billboard, decided not to miss the opportunity of capturing the image after knowing the new key

I played the 3DS demo at TRU recently and was surprised to see that it was pretty much the console game just scaled down

I played the 3DS demo at TRU recently and was surprised to see that it was pretty much the console game just scaled down

Yea so was i. I played it back when the demo hit the 3DS and that got me really stoked for the full console release.

It surprised me to see the demo is an advanced stage

Has there been any word on if they're going to release the Stan Lee adventure as DLC? I haven't even bothered to play the Rhino pre-order bonus. I should have ordered the game from Amazon but I hate waiting for the mail. :csad:

Has there been any word on if they're going to release the Stan Lee adventure as DLC? I haven't even bothered to play the Rhino pre-order bonus. I should have ordered the game from Amazon but I hate waiting for the mail. :csad:

Haha that sounds like me.

But no they haven't. Im surprised its been this long. Usually its around 30 days of exclusivity.

Yeah, every time, without fail, I order a game online I miss it in the mail and they take it to the post office resulting in hours, sometimes a whole day of game playing delay.

I was really hoping they'd release the dlc, I'm pretty sure that before the game came out someone here posted a link to a UK game store site that stated all pre-order bonuses are released 30 days after the game's release. Given it was a UK game store I didn't get my hopes up on it being 100% official, oh well...

Just curious, but what are your favourite boss fights in any Spider-Man game from Spider-Man (2000) up to ASM? Like, rank your top 5 or something.

I can't come up with a list just yet but would be nice to see yours.

Just curious, but what are your favourite boss fights in any Spider-Man game from Spider-Man (2000) up to ASM? Like, rank your top 5 or something.

I cant think of specifics off the top of my head but Id imagine most of them come from Shattered Dimensions. That one had amazing ones

I remember enjoying chasing The Beetle in Ultimate Spider-Man. And Vulture in WoS was still fun, as far as I'm concerned. Mysterio in Spider-Man 2. Deadpool in Shattered Dimensions perhaps?

Some boss fights I like (in no particular order):

Venom (2000)
Doc Ock (2000)
Shocker (SM2:EE)
Electro/Hyper Electro (SM2:EE)
Shocker (SM:TM)
Scorpion (SM:TM)
Vulture (WoS)
Ultimate Electro (SD)
Juggernaut (SD)
Noir Goblin (SD)
Anti-Venom (EoT)
Spider Slayer S-02 (ASM)
Alistair Smythe (ASM)

Games I haven't played: Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Man 3, Edge of Time (yeah, I still put Anti-Venom in the list because you can see it just by videos that it's awesome).

I hardly remember some of the boss fights from older games, but some of my favorites are:

Sandman and Juggernaut in Shattered Dimensions
Beetle chase and Green Goblin in Ultimate Spider-Man
The Atrocity "fight" when you're trying to get his DNA samples in Edge of Time.

This is without thinking about it to much. Also I just ordered Amazing Spider-Man together with Sleeping Dogs, so gonna play this one fairly soon.

Can't make up my top 5, but what I count for favorite boss fights belong more to what I can do to the boss(es) or the atmosphere rather than what the boss does

• Rhino's fight in the first game, one liners in that fight are classics to me, especially "Rhino burgers coming up"
  • Venom fights 1 & 2
  • Carnage fight, when I have unlimited webbing I keep tying him up inside the sonic bubble, no escape for Carnage, win for me
  • Shocker's fights in every game since Enter Electro, and I do include Ultimate Shocker fight
  • Mysterio's boss fight in the grocery store, punch him, web him, or simply jump on him, Mysterio loses
  • Final fight in Ultimate Spider-Man
  • Almost every boss fight in SM3. The GOOD version:
    • Arsenic Candy boss tries to stand up after hitting her with the annihilator in rage mode? She tires and falls, even when three bosses are fought
    • Dragon Tail boss (unnamed, based on White Dragon): Do the same move, he kisses his knees in fear
    • Harry? I can take him everywhere in free roam (minus the Daily Bugle), I can even let a train hit him
    • Sandman, I can make a train hit him, don't wait for the QTE screen to attach his head, I do mean the train hits him
    • Venom? I can throw him of the building, throw him on iron bars, make sure when he pulls me I'm behind bars so he damages himself and I don't have to counter
    • Carlyle's boss fight? Jameson is there, and voiced by J.K Simmons. Gold
    • The boss of the last gang? Hit the ground with the big blast playing as the black suit, half his health bar flies, him and his cronies fall in the water
  • S-02 fight in TASM
  • Lizard fight in TASM

Final fight with Doc Ock (SM2)
Final fight with Ultimate Venom (USM)
Final fight with Hyper-Electro (SM2 - PS1)
First fight with Green-Goblin (SM1 - Movie)
S-02 battle (TASM)

That's the top 5, but there are many more I like.

None of them really stick out. I did like the Beetle fight in USM and the S02 battle from ASM tho.

Those extreme challenges are annoying
The torch races are fine, keeping the camera on Spidey is a pain

OK, nice lists, another related question I have:

What games have, in your opinion, the best boss battles and what games should Beenox take most inspiration from when it comes to that department do you think?

Those extreme challenges are annoying
The torch races are fine, keeping the camera on Spidey is a pain

I agree! And it's not worth it at all. The torch races are waaaaay too easy, and the camera challenge is just annoying.

I think they should take inspiration from their first game. Boss battles were diverse and interesting. It isn't fresh in my mind anymore, but I remember having fun with Sandman, Electro, Carnage, Deadpool and others, who kept giving us different challenges, like running from tidal waves, a tornado or a big rocket. All of them had personalities and kept talking during the battle and it wasn't just a matter of dodging their attacks and punching them. That's what I want. Diversity, interesting ideas and villains with personality.

TASM had anything but that with its villains.

I think they should take inspiration from their first game. Boss battles were diverse and interesting. It isn't fresh in my mind anymore, but I remember having fun with Sandman, Electro, Carnage, Deadpool and others, who kept giving us different challenges, like running from tidal waves, a tornado or a big rocket. All of them had personalities and kept talking during the battle and it wasn't just a matter of dodging their attacks and punching them. That's what I want. Diversity, interesting ideas and villains with personality.

TASM had anything but that with its villains.

I totally agree! It's so sad that Beenox has the potential yet didn't have time to use it in ASM.

These are games Beenox should look at when taking inspiration from their boss battles in the next games:

Past Spider-Man games: Spider-Man (2000), Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension and Spider-Man: Edge of Time.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

The main source of inspiration (along with Beenox' own unique ideas of course) should definitely be Castlevania: LoS if you ask me. If you haven't seen the boss battles in that one, check it out!! They are epic beyond words! Sure, not very varied but the overall cinematic feel and intense fighting is something I want for Spider-Man. The main problem however is that the combat is so different from a free flow combat Spider-Man I think. But I'm sure Beenox could make some truly epic and innovative boss fights by taking inspiration from Castlevania: LoS. :)

I totally agree! It's so sad that Beenox has the potential yet didn't have time to use it in ASM.

These are games Beenox should look at when taking inspiration from their boss battles in the next games:

Past Spider-Man games: Spider-Man (2000), Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension and Spider-Man: Edge of Time.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

The main source of inspiration (along with Beenox' own unique ideas of course) should definitely be Castlevania: LoS if you ask me. If you haven't seen the boss battles in that one, check it out!! They are epic beyond words! Sure, not very varied but the overall cinematic feel and intense fighting is something I want for Spider-Man. The main problem however is that the combat is so different from a free flow combat Spider-Man I think. But I'm sure Beenox could make some truly epic and innovative boss fights by taking inspiration from Castlevania: LoS. :)

Is LoS on the 3DS?

I agree! And it's not worth it at all. The torch races are waaaaay too easy, and the camera challenge is just annoying.

I agree about the torch races being easy but one way I have made them more difficult is to hold my 5 1/2 month old daughter in my lap as I'm playing. Yeah, that may not sound too tough but when she's smacking you in the face with her drool covered hand...yeah, you're gonna make some mistakes :woot:

Oh and I think I may be raising a little Spidey fan...as I'm playing she goes nuts, waves her arms and screams whenever she sees Spider-man on the TV screen. Cutest thing ever.

Is LoS on the 3DS?

I'm talking about the PS3/360 version :)

I agree about the torch races being easy but one way I have made them more difficult is to hold my 5 1/2 month old daughter in my lap as I'm playing. Yeah, that may not sound too tough but when she's smacking you in the face with her drool covered hand...yeah, you're gonna make some mistakes :woot:

Oh and I think I may be raising a little Spidey fan...as I'm playing she goes nuts, waves her arms and screams whenever she sees Spider-man on the TV screen. Cutest thing ever.

Haha really nice, and sweet to have a little baby! :) I'm still too young to even think about having a baby right now (I'm 21 and studying) and I don't even have a girlfriend yet, but hey I really look forward to have a little kid one day! :)

And aaw, that last paragraph almost brought me a little tear! That is one thing I love so much about Spider-Man. He's really a (fictional) hero for everyone! I remember when I was just a little kid how I looked up to him so much and strived to be like him. I love when I see a kid's happy face whenever he/she sees Spider-Man in some form. I really don't want that image to disappear in the future by making Spidey some "dark" hero or something, which I'm confident won't happen even if some people might argue that some media try to.

Spider-Man is one of those fictional characters who are just super good for little children like your sweet, sweet daughter. Which is why I feel a little sad when kids watch weird shows these days instead. Sure I may sound nostalgic but I really think Spider-Man, old Disney films etc. were really good for my childhood while many shows these days are rather destructive in comparision and lack that sweet heart with actual depth instead of **** such as Total Drama Action or whatever it's called.

Give your daughter a hug from us Spidey fans :)

So I just got this game today and i definitely need to get used to swinging

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"